jittery but not energetic

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by Deresto, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

forgive me if this is something that fits a very general or well known set of criteria for a brain thing that almost everyone knows the symptoms of and can identify easily, as is the case with what seems to be most of my brainweird, but does anyone else get "buzzy" sometimes? like, its not brainfog, i'd describe my foggy days as more like,well, fog! heavy and generally makes thinks take a longer time to process cause you have to search for it harder.

what i mean is instead of everything being something to slog through, everything is going WAY too fast. you can't hold down a thought before it's gone, and every thought has a slight tinge of nonsense or whimsy. a more extreme version of the old saying "i'm not as random as you think i salad" if you will.

it sucks cause usually when i'm having that sort of day i think of the coolest stuff. but it's sort of like daydreaming, in as much as they're gone once i chill a bit. referencing the title though, i always feel super tired when i get like that.

2. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

i think i might feel something similar yeah
    like i just can't hold onto my thoughts and go anywhere with them
    and the physical jittering

• Like x 1
  3. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

I mean I am not an expert at all but this sounds kinda like the most stereotypical adhd thing tbh. Like 'half-assedly researched fictional character with adhd protrayal' levels of stereotypical. So uh. Congrats?

• Like x 1
  4. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

ADHD, diagnosed since I was a kid, definitely get that. Like right now it's 4 in the morning, I'm tired, I've been tired all day, I really should go to bed but instead of pacing, both mentally (fly-by thoughts and bouncing between sites because nothing's holding my interests) and every few minutes physically. I am on my third cup of camomile tea and want nothing more than to shut down for a few hours. But my body won't quit (and is kinda tingly around my extremities but that might be my blood pressure crashing but it doesn't help the 'buzzing') and I'm having a real hard time pinning down coherent thoughts. I had to keep re-reading this to keep track of what I'm saying.

I really need to get my meds bumped up because this is becoming a consistent thing and I used to have it under control. XP

• Like x 1
  5. albedo

albedo metasperg

Hm. I get something similar-sounding, and I'm fairly sure that I'm NOT ADHD. Not impulsive, and no notable issues with attention span or forgetting things.

As far as I can tell, for me, it's a symptom of sperg overload. I can't process words well, and I can't focus, so my internal dialogue feels like it's... skittering along the surface of an ice-covered pond, instead of being able to get INTO anything. And I get really fidgety because I'm trying to find a stim that I can focus on to make it stop.

To a certain extent, that level of overstimulation can be interesting, because the inability to focus does some interesting things with free association. It definitely mostly sucks for me. =_=

• Like x 2
  6. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I would go to your doctor, and get a thyroid check up, because it can also be a symptom of an overactive thyroid.

7. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

ok so

this sounds very familiar, like you described the feeling exactly. but with added short attention span and forgetting things sometimes.

googling this real quick brought up a list of symptoms that i had no idea could be related and i've just been sort of... dealing with for a long time. i better look into this, thanks. i just kinda assumed some of this stuff was anxiety and moved on. hmmm.

8. pixels

pixels hiatus / only back to vent

It could also be hypomania, but I don't know enough about it to say anything more than to give you another word to Google.

9. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

And the good news is, that all that's necessary for a diagnosis is a blood test :) So it's quick to rule out! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice