clowntown daily dispatch (acey’s bejeweled baguette): currently screaming about fanfiction

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by Acey, Dec 15, 2018.

?

do you enjoy the theme to malcolm in the middle

1. yes

33.3%
  2. no

13.3%
  3. maybe

26.7%
  4. i don’t know

40.0%
  5. can you repeat the question?

63.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lebesgue Integreat

Lebesgue Integreat Lesbian Intrigue

It's honestly hilarious the shit people think. Every autistic person I have ever met. Like, EVER. Has known on the spot "oh yeah, Lebesgue is autistic, no question, most obvious one I've ever seen". The only non-autistic people who ever even considered the possibility before being explicitly told by me were full on trained psychologists who actively work with autistic people. It gets me every time I meet a knew person and they're like "oh shit really I had no idea???" and I just laugh to myself about how blind these people must be.

• Agree x 2
  2. As a non-autistic person, do any of you have recommendations for how I can better educate myself? Or is this the wrong place/that’s imposing on you unfairly?

• Like x 1
  3. Lebesgue Integreat

In all honesty I have no idea what mechanisms I or anyone else uses to tell, it's just kinda...almost innate which is something I detest saying but it also means I just have absolutely no idea how anything works. Like I can't even call it particularly similar to gaydar I think?

• Agree x 2
  4. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

i picked up on stuff one of my friends did, and then like months later she told me she had just been diagnosed, and i didnt Say it but i had assumed she knew already

About how to tell if someones autistic? Seconding lebesgue, idek

But about how to like, react when someone tells you? probably dont be like Oh I Never Would Have Known. Beyond that, idk if its fine to just be like "ok cool"? Or "thanks for telling me" or "do you need me to do anything differently"? Idk? Some people probably find those acceptable and others may not

• Agree x 2
    • Informative x 1
  5. Lebesgue Integreat

Personal taste, others may or may not disagree. Definitely this. Like. Assuming they aren't particularly upset about it "oh, ok cool" is probably the best response.

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  6. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

As for education, I’d be happy to answer any questions you have about my personal experience! I also highly recommend checking out the Autistic Self-Advocacy Network—they’ve got good info! :)

As for responses: imo so long as you’re not “I never would’ve guessed” or dickish about it you’re good! (I’d even say “huh, I didn’t know that, interesting!” or something along those lines would be acceptable.)

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  7. Acey

COMPLETELY unrelated to the above but it would be nice if you would stop getting sick, flesh vessel

• Witnessed x 3
  8. Acey

[​IMG]
    on the one hand i feel very called out by this (i was the idiot btw, she was (and is) not an idiot) but on the other hand...i need to steal this for my pearlmethyst road trip au

• Like x 3
  9. Lebesgue Integreat

Me exactly XD

• Winner x 1
  10. You: "idiots to lovers"
    Me, owner of a Tarot deck: "actually that arcana is called The Fool"

• Winner x 4
    • Agree x 1
  11. Acey

12. Acey

JHDFGAJHSKDMGDAS

• Like x 2
  13. Acey

ampersand (by tmbg, not the amanda palmer song although i adore that one too, just for VERY different reasons) is such a sweet song imo?? like...it’s just so soft and gentle and the lyrics are really cute? it’s comforting.

• Like x 1
  14. Acey

today's song: let me tell you about my operation!

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  15. Let me tell you, that song is catchy

• Agree x 2
  16. Acey

i s2g if there's one thing tmbg does better than just about anyone else it's making super fucking catchy songs

17. Acey

what she says: i'm fine
    what she means: mr. greg deserved the emmy. everyone i've spoken to who's into adventure time agrees that the episode that won was pretty mediocre and did not deserve to win over mr. greg, which is arguably one of the finest episodes of steven universe. frankly the fact that it lost still pisses me off for a lot of reasons. in this essay i will

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 1
  18. Acey

IT HAILED WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK

• Witnessed x 4
  19. Acey

rose jortz

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  20. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

go directly to jail

• Agree x 2
    • Witnessed x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice