JoJo's Bizarre Forum Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by paintcat, Sep 17, 2016.

1. paintcat

paintcat Let the voice of love take you higher

tbh I recently got caught up on the show (I watch on Crunchyroll) and I need people to scream with!

Also: Best JoJo? Favorite part? Coolest Stand? Most painful character death? Is Speedwagon cool or lame?

(Personally: I couldn't possibly choose a JoJo but if I was gonna date one I'd go with Josuke. I'm loving part 4 but I'm really looking forward to Steel Ball Run and Stone Ocean. Crazy Diamond's powers are super neat for the hero of a crime drama/mystery story.
    Probably Iggy, so far. I was mostly (incredulous laughter) at him up until his fight with Pet Shop and then...
    Speedwagon is sweet, I think. I suspect he was in love with Jonathan.)

• Like x 1
  2. paintcat

Some of the stuff that seems crazy nowadays is just what shonen was like in the 80s. Namely, guys in their mid teens looking like adult pro wrestlers while beating the snot out of each other with MUCH DRAMA.
    Over all the story is more drama than comedy, with internal consistency and serious characters and Themes relating to bloodlines/family ties, legacy, humanity, the nature of good and evil... blahblahblah. The main reason people watch it, afaik, is for the design elements and how much of Araki's personal interests he put into the story. I mean, all those Themes and character analysis stuff is interesting to me, but at its heart JJBA is a fun as hell action-adventure story.

• Like x 1
  3. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

I still need to finish part three, oops
    I got distracted and forgot about it XD

4. paintcat

How far along are you? OwO

5. emythos

noooooot very, I think.
    I got past them being on a boat with an orangutan. I think?

6. paintcat

Oh yeah, that's not very far at all. You've still got most of the major arcana of stands yet to go!

• Like x 1
  7. emythos

this is gonna be a weird ride

8. Ipuntya

Ipuntya return of eggplant

oh heck yeah, i'm a huge jjba fan!

my fav jojo is jolyne, my fav part is stone ocean, my fav stand is killer queen, the most painful death so far in my opinion is
    shigechi's
    , and speedwagon is too good for this world

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  9. Mads

Mads New Member

*sets up a fold-out chair in this thread*

My SO and I just finished Stardust Crusaders last night! I'm excited for Diamond is Unbreakable, heard good things about it.

Right now, Joseph is my favorite JoJo. I think Battle Tendency (part 2) is also my favorite part, because 1. The Aesthetic, 2. The Pillar Men, 3. Highest Concentration of Joseph.

Coolest stand is hard! I feel like Star Platinum is the obvious answer, but I have a soft spot for Hierophant Green. I also really liked Dark Blue Moon, though. And Anubis, and Bastet. A lot of the villains had interesting stands, actually.

Most painful death... maybe it's just because it's fresh in my mind, but Kakyoin. I felt like we were finally learning more about his character, and then we got that final monologue about how he felt so alone as a child but found companionship with Jotaro and company... ugh. Talk about twisting the knife.

I think Speedwagon is low-key cool. Dude had zilch in the way of special powers (unless you count his Oddjob hat), but he was ride-or-die from the moment he realized what kind of person Jonathan was. That loyalty took him through some horrific shit, but he managed to live through it all AND become super successful. Plus he created the Speedwagon Foundation, which is basically the thing holding down the fort for the rest of the world until the Joestars can handle whatever crisis is happening. Characters who remain ordinary humans in a supernatural setting but still manage to make an impact have a special place in my heart. So yeah, I'm a Speedwagon stan :D

• Like x 1
  10. paintcat

@Ipuntya THAT WAS ALSO A PAINFUL ONE. That was when I realized the game: Introduce a character I am deeply indifferent to for most of their screentime, completely redeem them in the space of five minutes, and then have them die a hero. The next time an annoying, weird-looking guy is introduced, I'm gonna be ready!

• Like x 1
  11. Ipuntya

Ipuntya return of eggplant

you're gonna fucking love hayato if you haven't read the entirety of diamond is unbreakable yet

12. paintcat

@Mads Oh boy, I've already forgotten what Dark Blue Moon does.

Joseph is tied for Best Jojo with Josuke for me right now, but I also anticipate really loving Jolyne and Johnny.
    There are so many neat Stand powers... The Hand is so interesting...

ETA: Though lbr I'm also gonna end up lusting after Giorno in all likelihood because I have a Type

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  13. Mads

Mads New Member

:O I haven't read the manga at all yet! From what I've heard the anime is a pretty faithful adaptation, so I've just been sticking with that for now. Once we finish DIU I'll probably turn to the manga to satisfy my need for content (and for Jolyne. I REALLY want to meet Jolyne)

But good... I'm glad mundane humans will still get moments to shine, even as Stand users come to the forefront.

Dark Blue Moon was the merfolk-looking stand. It had super sharp scales and could produce barnacles that would drain the strength of whoever they attached to.

I feel like I've heard so little about Giorno! I basically just know what he looks like (which... yeah, definitely your type). I get the sense I'm going to feel extremely protective of him.

• Like x 1
  14. emythos

giorno is the one with the braid and the doughnut hair right

15. Pesh

Pesh schtroumph

I want to watch this show so much but I'm confused- there are multiple generations?

• Like x 1
  16. paintcat

Yep! Gio-Gio number five. Itty-bitty ruthless Italian mobster, to my understanding :D

• Like x 1
  17. emythos

eyup
    it follows multiple generations of the same family

18. emythos

this is good and important

19. Pesh

Pesh schtroumph

Oooooohhhhh

That sounds pretty awesome

• Like x 1
  20. paintcat

Time periods/blood ties, off the top of my head:
    Phantom Blood- 1880s England, hero progenitor Jonathan Joestar
    Battle Tendency- 1930s USA (and Venice), Jonathan's grandson Joseph
    Stardust Crusaders- 1987, trekking across Asia from Japan to Cairo, Joseph's grandson Jotaro
    Diamond is Unbreakable- 1999, Morioh (fictional town in Japan), Joseph's late-born illegitimate son Josuke
    Vento Aureo- ????, Italy?, Joestar/Brando ectobaby??????
    Stone Ocean- ????, ????????, Jotaro's daughter Jolyne?
    Steel Ball Run- Who even fuckin knows, but there's a Johnny Joestar who looks nothing like Jonathan. Also horses
    JoJoLion- :mystery:, Jo2uke?????????

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice