Junior Runs A Farm: A Story Of Seasons Letter Let's Play (cp: girl)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by IvyLB, Jan 10, 2016.

1. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

[This is here, because it is an In-Character Let's Play utilizing my OC Junior Lucasta-Marcin. They are genderfluid, because in this game you have to decide whether you want to play a girl or a boy to choose your tragically hetero-locked pool of bachelors/bachelorettes (the marker 'cp' in the title denotes whether I'll be on the girl or boy file but I'll most likely stick to one for the longest time. That being said I rolled a girl farmer first). Until I figure out how to take screeshots with a 3DS the Let's play will be purely in letter format, written to Jun's moms and their weird uncle back home (with maybe the occassional letter back)
    I'll play a week at a time, writing the letters on the ingame Saturdays. Discussion is encouraged and appreciated. I'll update this post with links to the letter posts so people won't get lost! Also please help me with suggestions on what to name Junior's farm animals and pets!]
    LETTERS
    Spring 14th Year 1
    Spring 21st Year 1

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
    • Like x 1
  2. IvyLB

[SPRING 14th Y1]

Dear Mom, Dear Mama, Dear Uncle Melchior!
    I'm sorry for only leaving a note when I left but I was in a bit of a hurry! You probably expect an explanation from me, huh? See I secretly applied for a spot as a farmer in this little town! I know you wanted me to attend your old college, Mama, but The Lucasta Ferry Academy is very expensive and I'm just not cut out for your line of work!
    I think the quiet farm life will do me good! It's really very peaceful.
    Because of complications my farm wasn't quite ready when I arrived but the nice Guild Lady had arranged for me to live with my new neighbor until then. Madam Eda is a very nice old lady and very good at farming! She taught me all the basics of farming, since I can't stay a city kid forever if I want to get anything done here!
    When I had my first free afternoon I went into town and socialized. Klaus, the parfumer of thsi town was very sweet and concerned about my health but I told him I was fine. I ate the bestest cherry cake at the local restaurant and chatted with its owner, Raeger. He smiled and told me he wanted more trade in town so he could get more interesting ingredients. Well! Look no further you charmer, I'll kickstart this town's trade!
    Speaking fo Trade, Asche is the only trader we have in town right now but she has some interesting stuff on offer.
    After a week of helping Madam Eda (who makes a really good Turnip soup!) my farm was finally ready for me. But I was shocked! My new house was almost a ruin! But I was quickly directed to the carpenter. And after having fixed up three fields of turnips I went to work gathering wood and stone to renovate my home. It waas a lot of hard work and on Monday I even worked so hard that I fell unconscious and woke up at the local hospital! OnWednesday I finally had all the materials but because it was raining the carpenter didn't want to work for safety reasons! So I spent the day swimming and catching bugs and frogs which I am pretty good at! Then on Thursday my house finally got fixed and I even got a few bits and pieces of odd furniture from the guildsmaster, the carpenter and Madam Eda! Please don't yell at me, Uncle, but I cut off my hair! It really gets in the way of everything and after getting tangled in a sea urchin while diving I had enough!
    The carpenter even built me a barn too, free of charge as a welcome present and then Madam Eda came and offered to give me one of her cows, Hanako, which had apparently gotten attached since I cared for it. I couldn't say no of course, Hanako is a sweetheart! The rest of the week I spent gathering up some ores, because I needed a pitchfork to keep Hanako's barn tidy and they didn't sell one in town. I got the blueprints for that and a refridgerator and have both now! I also harvested my first Turnips and discovered that a wild bunny that sometimes hangs out on the Mountain pass loves them so I kept a few around to feed it with. I found a clearing I can swim to that you can pick Walnuts at some days! I also spent a bit of money on buying coffee from Asche, since I had noticed that Raeger seems to like it. He also likes Sea Urchins, which I think is pretty weird but kind of cute! I've been eating at his restaurant a lot, since I don't have a kitchen yet. His food is really tasty, but I miss your home cooking, Mom!
    Today was a special holiday where you give sweets to your boyfriend or girlfriend. I bought Madeleines from the shop and gave them to Klaus as a prank. I don't kow if he guessed the joke, but he simply said thank you and left. Eh, not everyone can have a sense of humor.
    Anyway, I'm taking care of my second batch of Turnips and spend a bit of time petting my dear Hanako. I think tomorrow I'll go into town and buy some more seeds. Otmar, the local shopkeep has Peach Saplings and you know how much I love peaches! Enclosed is a flower I found in the mountains last week.
    Love,
    Junior

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
    • Like x 3
  3. IvyLB

[SPRING 21st Y1]
    Dear family,
    Life is going great out here! Though I get the feeling one of the other farmers kind of hates me...
    Last Sunday Elise almost ran me over with her horse! I think she might have been sorry because she offered to help me get a horse myself if I got her five bottle of milk. It's hard to tell with her though, she is pretty hard to read.
    I planted two fields of Potatoes this week and then i splurged on a peach sapling! The tree will take a while to grow, but it will be great! Otherwise I spent the week diving for stuff and gathering more wood and stone, because I want to build a kitchen soon! My house is still very small, ad I'm not sure how I will arrange my furniture to make room, but I really want to be able to cook something too! Not that I won't still go to Raeger's restaurant, but... You know, I'm an adult now so I should eb able to cook for myself!
    It took me until Thursday to gather the necessary amount of Milk but that was when the Moo-moo-Festival was so Elise couldn't help me then. I had a lot fo fun showing off Hanako but we didn't win anything, sadly. Iris congratulated me on trying though! I like her, she is a novelist and lives with her brother Mistel in the antique shop!
    Then on Friday I finally managed to catch Elise at home and trade her the milk for a horse. She is called Epona and ridig her around town is a lot of fun! Plus Hanako has a playfriend living with her in her barn now!
    Asche is only in town on very select days, so business is stagnating a little, but I'm trying! The only problem is I need to buy the bigger chunks of wood and stone from the carpenter's wife, and that takes money.
    Next week I want to try to rent a field that is a bit of the ways out! I hope it works, I'd like to have some more space! Also Klaus' birthday is next week, I wonder what I should get him?
    Also I've been thinking about getting another cow, but I don't know what to name her yet.
    Anyway, I have to go to sleep, it's pretty late! I hope everyone at home is happy and healthy and you aren't still mad at me for running away.
    Love, Junior.

• Like x 1
  4. IvyLB

[SPRING 28th Y1]
    Dear Mama, Dear Mom,
    I rented a field! Guildmaster Veronica told me it was best to grow turnips there so that's what I did but Otmar only had one pack of seeds and I'm still a bit low on money. Next to my new field I even caught a giant honey bee!
    Hanako and Epona are doing pretty well! I hope that soon I can win contests with them!
    On Monday, when I went to Raeger's for a late lunch he gave me a new cake recipe to try. Now, I'm a big fan of cake and I know them pretty well so I immediately realizedthat this wasn't like his usual superb desserts! And true, he had forgotten the lemon sauce! He complimented me on my tastes and smiled!
    I catch a lot of fish and insects and that helps me with my money when Asche is in town (usually only tuesdays and wednesdays...).
    On Tuesday was Klaus' birthday and I gave him a Peridot I'd found diving in one of the rivers. The most curious things end up in there! And then I sold a buttload of stuff to Silk Country which gave me enough cash to get the stones I needed for a kitchen. Success! I also bought more turnip seeds so that my field is actually looking pretty good now! On Wednesday I splurged on a few recipe books, but I found out that I have almost none of the ingredients! Now I'm sad.
    On Friday I could harvest the first turnips from my new field. I kept them for cooking. What sucks about rainy weather is that I can't interact with the cute wild bunny. It likes the food I keep for Hanako and Epona even better than turnips so I've been giving it some of that. I made a turnip salad! cooking is a lot of fun!
    On Saturday Jonas told me about a new system! Apparently countries can now send him lists of stuff they really need. It's neat! I immediately took all of the ones I could do, but I'm kind of wistfully looking at the one where they want 15 pieces of wood and would give me a green chest for it! I also harvested the rest of my turnips, they came out really well! I'll wait with planting something new though, since summer will start soon.
    Anyway next week there will be the Harvest Competition and I hope I can win something with my turnips! And then the flower festival I've been collecting for! It sounds like a lot of fun. Maybe I can send you some left over turnips! They shouldn't get crushed like the flower!
    Love, Junior.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
    • Like x 2
  5. IvyLB

[SUMMER 4th Y1]
    Dear everyone!
    Quite a bit has happened since the last time I wrote you! I've bought a ton of recipes last sunday! After that I was kind of broke again, but it's going to be so worth it once I get some of the ingredients! Besides selling food is even profitable!
    Anyway Monday was the harvest festival! I scored dead last again, but against Madam Eda that wasn't really a surprise I guess! I really have to work on my crops! I also sold some more of my produce and other things to start saving up for buying seeds on the first day of summer! It's important to be prepared so you can get the maximum amount of crops!
    Tuesday was the flower festival! I have been really excited for this one so I've been collecting flowers all season! I gave one to Raeger, to Mistel, to Klaus and Iris, Fritz, even Giorgio got one! I also made sure to visit Madam Eda, Guildmaster Veronica, Elise and Otmar. Otmar was so excited he gave me his old fishing rod! That will help me a lot with making money! He also showed me how to use it. Otmar is such a nice old man, I'm glad he is the local shopkeep. I would have loved handing out more flowers but after I gave Elise one I was all out! For next year I want to try growing my own and putting together entire bouquets, but I'll need a giftwrapping station for that!
    Wednesday morning Veronica came by to tell me about a new system regarding the public fields! From now on there will be contests to decide who gets to rent out which field! Finally I will be able to get the honey and mushroom field for myself! Elise wanted to buy all of them out, i think she is a really mean person sometimes... I think she doesn't like me. When I went to visit the fields that I could fight over to look at how much space there was I met a few ice little spirits! Don't worry, Mom, Mama, they really are naturally occuring geius loci as far as I can discern, not restless spectres.
    I planted five fields of onions on my rented field. I hope they'll turn out well! Since the honey field currently belongs to Elise I still have to wait quite a while till I can get it, but after next week maybe I'll have it!
    Thursday I spent doing chores until late, and then I went to Raeger's for a late dinner, since I had only eaten a grilled fish for lunch (I cooked it myself!) and was pretty exhausted. He had a cold so I helped him out, because that's what friends are for! Well... and then he lost consciousness because he always works way too hard, even when he is sick. I had to carry him upstairs and since I didn't have any evening plans beyond that I stayed quite a while, making sure he rested! I can't stand for my favorite chef to have to take sick leave for a week, because he strains himself too much. Ah, but I shouldn't tell him that, he is very stubborn about his work ethic! It's kinda cute.
    Friday I bought a fishbreeding station! I've put a clam in there for now let's see how it goes! I also bought a lot of Seaweed which Raeger enjoys a lot!
    Today was very rainy. I planted tomatoes on my farm. Otherwise it was mostly uneventful, but tomorrow is the fishing contest! and next week both Lillie and Raeger are having their birthdays so I'll have to think of something to give to them. Mistel's antique shop has a yellow pearl I've seen him eye, I wonder...
    Anyway I'll tell you how the contest went in my next letter!
    Love, Junior.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
    • Like x 1
  6. IvyLB

[SUMMER 5th Y1]
    Dear Junior,
    That boy sounds nice. Do I hear churchbells?
    The turnip you sent was rotten, by the way, kid.
    Anyway, have fun wooing the chef, buddy.
    Love,
    Uncle Melchior
    P.S.: Your mothers don't know I'm sending this so don't mention it.

7. IvyLB

[FALL 3rd Y1]
    Dear Everyone!
    I'm so sorry, it's been a while since I wrote! Please stop sending me worried letters I haven't actually run away again! I just have so so so much to do now, Summer suddenly became a really busy season!
    Alright first things first! On the fifth was the fishing tournament! I didn't win, sadly, but I placed third and second respectively in the categories for most fish caught and biggets fish caught. I was also low on fertilizer by that point which happened a lot! The first weeks of summer I was constantly low on money, haha!
    The next day Veronica decided to tell me about how it's important to declare my intentions for Raegar and that was very awkward. Apparently everyone in town expects me to make a ring for him. Traditions sure are weird around here!
    On the ninth was Raegar's birthday but because I couldn't save up enough money for the Yellow Pearl he had been looking at at Mistel's I just gave him the seaweed he likes so much. We chatted for a bit but i couldn't spend much time with him since I had so much to do! I'm trying to save up for so many things! I want to keep chickens as soon as possible and I will need a Sewing Studio, too, if I want to make a ring for Raegar!
    The next day was a thunderstorm but it wasn't bad enough that it would keep me from getting lunch! Raegar was very concerned about my attitude, but I guess he jsut doesn't realize that I'm tougher than a little thunderstorm!
    The next few days after that were pretty uneventful. I planted onions and a lemon tree sapling, I challenged Elise for the honey field on the 13th and lost (boo!), I bought another cow, she's called Flan. I pretty much decided around then that I'd get the Wheat field from Elise when it became available, because Silk Country started carrying Soy seeds. I'd have wanted the honey field first, but I guess soy is pretty cool!
    On the 15th was the annual fireworks festival. Guildmaster Veronica asked for donations and I had a bit of expandable cash around so I spent a thousand gold! Everyone had so much fun! Raegar told a really cute story about his childhood, when we chatted that evening.
    The day after the fireworks Veronica came by to tell me about a new merchant! Cabin Country is really great to have around, especially since they sell sheep! I promptly got one on Friday, she's named Teddy! They also carry special treats for your animals as well, Hanako, Flan and Teddy all love them so much!
    I harvested Onions and Tomatoes and used the money to buy a few dessert recipes, because I felt like that. I'm not very good at saving money, I guess.
    On the 23rd I had the conquest with Elise over the Wheat field. And what a surprise, Giorgio and Fritz ALSO wanted to try for it! But I'd been putting stuff away the last few days to sell and I won easily! I bought as many soy seeds as I could fgrom all the money and then I bought the blueprint for the seedmaker, which I'd wanted for quite a bit! That leaves the chicken barn, sewing shed and cheese maker blue prints on my 'To Buy'-list each of those cost almost as much, but I'm sure with my soy beans and tomato crops I will make more money soon! What I hadn't noticed though was that to actually build the seedmaker you need Turnip Seeds and those are only sold in Spring, so I guess I won't get a seedmaker until next year, bluuuuh.
    Last Thursday was the harvest festival and I entered one of my tomatoes. I've spend a lot of time fertilizing them as much as I could, so I thought they'd at least place a pretty solid third place, imagine my surprise when I won! Elise was so angry to lose this festival just after having lost the wheat field to me, haha! This means my tomatoes sell for more money now, isn't that neat? also got two cake recipes as a prize! Everyone congratulated me, it felt great!
    On the first of Fall Agate came back to town. Apparently she runs the Safari. There's a mining spot there that yields so much stuff! Also a lot of stuff to just gather. I'm sure I'll be here a lot!
    On the next day, Sunday, I was on my way to town when I noticed a small blonde child I didn't recognize. I was about to ask if she was lost when she just... summoned a tree to be her house? Apparently her name is Witchie and she can do magic! She is really quite cute!
    Back on my way in town I bought a big selection fo Fall seeds and ended up planting spinach, carrots, sweet potatoes and a kiwi sapling (though that one won't carry fruits this year, since it's a fall season tree.)
    It's really very tiring to keep up with all of these crops, especially with the soy! I'm almost resigned to only fertilizing my fruit trees anymore I can't afford that much fertilizer and Otmar can hardly handle my bulk orders as is! Asche also told me taht Silk Country wants to offer me an animal for the Safari as a thanks for the amount of business we've been doing, but that animal needs a big tree to live in. I talked to the carpenter about it and apparently that's a super expensive project so I'll put it off for a while, I think...
    Just yesterday a new vendor came into town actually! Sakura Country offers a lot of interesting stuff! Especially the pottery barn blueprint sounds so useful, So I've put it on my Buy-List as well. I sure hope these maker sheds will bring me a lot of money once I have them, I really would love being able to more comfortably afford some things...
    Later this season there will be a fashion show, but I don't think I can do much there. I can't make clothes yet, so I have very little stuff. I guess I could try anyway? Also Raegar gave me his recipe for chocolate truffles and soy milk which I'm pretty excited about.
    Right now I'm just trying to keep up with all of my chores, and I'll try to write more frequently again, but I have to run now, I haven't finished watering my spinach yet!
    Love,
    Junior

P.S.: I found this Amethyst in the mine, and I thought you might like it!

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice