Keltka's Heap of Worldbuilding

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by keltka, Feb 26, 2017.

1. keltka

keltka the green and brown one

aaaaas a heads up I'm just gonna start posting some of the Random Headcanon Crap I have over to this thread,,,probably pretty slowly, but HEY should be fun :D

• Like x 1
  2. keltka

TO START THINGS OFF this was what I mentioned!! I'm gonna polish it up a bit later on but I wanted to theorize out some of the oral storytelling traditions I had in mind,,,

This is meant to be one of the last of the truly ancient stories, the marker of the time between the seadwellers staying in the deeps, and when they left the waves for the wind! Annnnd it's about Amporas and Captors because of course it is. Saoidh is meant to be a far-distant ancestor of Dualscar and Eridan both, prrrrobably the first recognizable/recognized of the Ampora line? (which doesn't 100% fit in with HS canon but shhhhh)

"In the stories written on the clay of the ocean, there swam someone."

"This someone was Saoidh, Saoidh the Deeps, Saoidh the Archiver, Saoidh the scribe who kept the histories. He was a seadweller, bone and blood, fin and fair, and when he was called by his people, they called him Ampora."

"Saoidh swam too close to the surface, they said. But the surface called to the deeps, and Saoidh was the deeps, fin and fair, bone and blood. And when the seadwellers surfaced, they found the land. And when they found the land, they found the landdwellers."

"'We've come to claim this,' said the seadwellers who surfaced, the foremost of the tribes, the strongest, the fastest, the bravest, the best.

“'No,' said the landdwellers, 'it is ours.'

“And the seadwellers would not listen, and so there was a war."

"And the war was the psionics—the lightcallers, the sparkcatchers, the stormthrowers. The seadwellers were strong, and fast, and brave, but the psionics were the predators they had never truly known. Even the slightest spark set their hearts singing, called to them from ages and ages away."

"The seadwellers held fast. Held to their war. Held to their battle. Save for one. Save for Saoidh."

"Across the battlefield, a troll wreathed in sapphire and scarlet and gold called to him, in a language deeper than blood and bone, than fin and fair. And Saoidh answered. And Saoidh followed the troll, after a battle, deeper into the forest. He followed the psionic troll, the lightcaller, until the lightcaller caught him.

"'What do you want?' asked the psionic.

"And Saoidh poured out his heart, with everything in him, as a gift freely given. ‘Love,’ he said.

"'Then fight with me,' said the psionic.

"And Saoidh did. He turned traitor, he fought his own people, the ones he had trained with and talked with, the ones whose stories he had told, all for the love of the psionic. And the psionic, after a time, loved him in return."

"The landdwellers nearly won—but the infant in the deeps Spoke, upset at the loss of Her seadwellers, at the loss of their attention, at the loss of their care. It killed no one, but it rendered the warmest, the strongest, the psionics, useless, for a time.

"'Give this to us,' said the seadwellers, 'or we will let her continue.'

"And the landdwellers surrendered. Saoidh and his psionic vanished, like so much mist—into the woods, into the depths of the land. And they were together. And they were /happy/.

"After a time, as all times must pass, so did the psionic. The Gemini. The first psionic to capture a seadweller. Saoidh came back, and as his punishment, as his recompense, he was bound to the troll who could speak best to the creature of the deeps—to serve as her Orphaner, to serve her and her lusus, at her whims and commands. And for his crime, they bound all the rest of his line to the same fate."

"And the story was written on the clay of the ocean, as all of the stories are.”

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    • Like x 4
  3. AbsenteeLandLady124

AbsenteeLandLady124 Well-Known Member

Oh man I love that a whole lot :O

• Like x 1
  4. keltka

THANK YOU :D
    this one's the one I did that's more like his backstory and whatnot? 2nd person :D

but yeah I want to clean up the other one a bit and turn it into a proper thing with patterns I can trace!

The moment you saw him, you knew this was going to be a story. Stories were…one of your specialties, actually, and you enjoyed reading them, comparing them…keeping them accurate and up-to-date, the pasts of your people, it was almost your /calling/.

But then your people had called you to war. But then you had see him.

He was golden, sunfire and lightstorms, a skysplitter like no other. Serendipity, all tied into sparks that sung your heart back into being. You nearly melted right then and there.

But that wasn’t always you. You weren’t always a story.

Saoidh Ampora. They’d named you for the deeps of the ocean, when they’d seen how far you could go, even as a grub. You had wanted to know everything, they told you, and so they had told you everything they knew. From time to time, when your tribe passed another tribe in a peaceable way, /that/ tribe would tell you their stories in turn, and you would record them, as best you knew how.

Saoidh Ampora. The deeps. But you /loved/ the surface, loved the waves as they rolled over and under you, and your tribe—/all/ the tribes—indulged you in it. After all, you were their Archiver, their record keeper, their historian. So they brought you to the surface, and taught you the things of the islands. How to make the cloth of bark that was carefully treated to be waterproof. How to bake and dry the pots that were kept in careful locations by each tribe and clan. How to make the weapons that could cut through the water as cleanly as a seadweller’s fin. And you learned /everything/.

And then you began to write.

First in clay—and these tablets were traded amongst the trolls like treasure, though they had to go to the surface to read a single word they said. (Eventually, you began to infuse them with biolum chalks and inks, and they were coveted all the more.)

Then in paper—treated well over with the waterproofings your tribe was known for, with all the skills you had learned. (You wrote these twice over with one pen, dark-ink and biolum blending seamlessly as they flowed forth.)

Then in words—as you told your own stories to whatever trolls might ask. (You still liked the histories the best.)

The history was recorded, wherever you could leave it. Tablets and books went off with the tribes and clans, and you left caches of them wherever you could, on the islands you found—carved into wood made sturdy and strong, written on paper treated to weather the world, drawn onto tablets of clay you had hardfired yourself. Your mark. Your words. The lives and times of all that your people were and knew. This was your /calling/.

But then your people had called you to war.

But then he had called to your blood and bone and heart besides.

You had never liked the stories you made on your own. History was more your purview.

Maybe you’d known. Even back then, maybe you’d known.

• Like x 2
  5. keltka

glossary of seadweller words, been tryna expand on this! it's supposed to be the "older" version of the language:

a – Changes a word to past tense. Will gain a ’ (a'ta'oku tai – was poisoned)

aheo – fish

aheo'hai – shark (lit. “toothfish”)

aheo'hai taka – tiger shark (lit. “striped toothfish”)

aheo'kebu – flying fish (lit. “flyfish”)

Akaita – North
    (combination of “‘akau” and “kita”, the Hawaiian and Japanese words for “North”)

akoaku – by what means

aku – with force, forcefully

aku'oeho – demand

ate – rear, behind

ate'au – asshole (lit. “rear hole”)

ate'auka – poop, shit, crap (lit. “from the rear hole”)

au – hole

e – Used as “to”, when added to a word. Will gain a ’ (e'he'e – to learn)

hai – tooth, teeth

Hanashi – West
    (combination of “komohana” and “nishi”, the Hawaiian and Japanese words for “West”)

he'e – learn
    [scy note: he'e is Hawaiian for octopus.]

hei – self, of one’s self

hei'kai'ri – self-giver, giver of self (It basically means bulge.)

heika – slang for bulge, “dick”

Hemami – South
    (combination of “hema” and “minami”, the Hawiian and Japanese words for “South”)

heo – voice, speech, speak

ka – from

kai – inner, of oneself
    [scy note: this one’s a reference to the Hawaiian word for sea]

kai'heo – name (lit. self-voice, giving voice to the self)

keau – show

kebu – fly, to fly

Kigashi – East
    (combination of “hikina” and “higashi”, the Hawaiian and Japanese words for “East”)

kiko – upper

moko – lower

oeho – asks, questions

oha – little

oku – unseen, unnoticed

ta – pain, loss (but it can also be an add-on to mean “life”, the idea being that life isn’t life without pain and loss, it’s merely being animate)

ta'oha – hurt-pain, minor pain (i.e. scraping your knee)

ta'oku – the pain you do not notice until it is inside

ta'oku tai – poison (a pain from the outside that becomes internal)

ta'oku kai – grief, heartache (the pain carried inside)

ta'tuou – death-pain, deadly dangerous kind of thing, pain that kills

tai – outer, of the world
    [scy note: t'ai chi ch'uan. It’s a double joke, because t'ai chi is an internal martial art]

tai teo – finspeak, “outer” language.

taka – stripes

tate – stop, halt, end

te – me (especially when added to a word, i.e. te'keau – showing me)

tuou - death

ukolu – idiot

ri – give

• Like x 1
  6. keltka

• Like x 1
  7. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

i do not have the spoons to read rn but i am excited and happy to see things posted

• Like x 1
  8. keltka

OH SHIT I FORGOT THIS EXISTED

9. keltka

10. keltka

I can't believe I have a goalie called "Happy"
    his nickname on the ice is "Heyday" sure but oh my god

• Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice