Kintsugi Plays Dragon Age: Inquisition (There Are No Therapists)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by OnnaStik, Dec 14, 2015.

1. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

What with two of the three games already being crowd-played here, I figured I'd use you guys to help overcome the crippling indecision that RPGs like this always leave me with provide the third! This is actually my first playthrough, and while I've picked up a few things from fandom osmosis I'm mostly blind. So: not using mods this time, and also please don't spoil me too much.

First decision: Race and gender!

There's a new race option this time: Qunari! (Or, strictly speaking, kossith, since qunari technically refers to any adherents of that religion/philosophy/whatever. Big buff horned people, anyway.)

The pictures are a gorgeous tarot-ish thing, I love it:
    DragonAgeInquisition 2015-12-14 16-49-18-54.jpg DragonAgeInquisition 2015-12-14 16-49-30-52.jpg DragonAgeInquisition 2015-12-14 16-49-40-53.jpg DragonAgeInquisition 2015-12-14 16-49-50-53.jpg
    Thoughts?

2. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

Female Qunari mage named Wren

I've watched most of the cutscenes, but I don't have anything yet that can run this game so this'll be fun

• Like x 4
  3. Enzel

Enzel androgynous jrpg protag

Bird theme continues! Though I would like to see a non-mage this time personally.

• Like x 2
  4. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

Maybe A Rogue would be neat?

5. OnnaStik

Here is the backstory that comes with being a Qunari mage! Waiting for more people to weigh in before I decide.
    DragonAgeInquisition 2015-12-14 17-19-43-19.jpg
    I do like playing rogues, too...
    DragonAgeInquisition 2015-12-14 17-23-09-95.jpg

6. blue

blue hightown funk you up

Be a big buff horned lady, hit people with a sword! (Warrior!! But rogue is ok too :P)

7. garden

garden lucid dreamer

Female Qunari named Wren gets my vote. Mage would fit with the current trend, but rogue or fighter could provide some variety.

• Like x 2
  8. OnnaStik

Okay, executive decision: We're a rogue. No one seems to take issue with Wren as a name, so I'll go with that.

I fiddled around with Tapestry a while back, but I legit do not remember what settings I left it with, so I have no idea what I'm importing here. Guess we'll find out together.

(Also, what are the other players using to take caps? I'm using FRAPS, and it's all right for some things but not for a bunch of pictures at once, like I'll need to do with some of these conversations...)

9. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

I'm using something called Loilo Game Recorder for footage and MWsnap for caps

• Like x 1
  10. blue

I've been recording a video of my screen and then taking screenshots of it, so I don't have to deal with the rapid fire screenshot taking during cutscenes - I believe @Mentarnes has a better video program, I've just been sticking with my setup because I hate change - oh speak of the devil they've already posted. :)

11. OnnaStik

Okay! Finally got my shit together a bit (and escaped the character-creation trap)! Here we go...
    [​IMG]
    We begin with a very pretty opening screen, as lines of almost identical mages and almost identical templars march forward. None of them seem to be trying to kill each other, which is nice. Unfortunately, as soon as we press New Game...

[​IMG]
    Lots of green light and explodiness! This can't be good! One of the templars' shields flies off into the screen and...

[​IMG]
    ...a loading screen. You can look at all three cards, but only this one had any non-obvious information.

I couldn't really see any way to crowdsource the character creation, so I just made someone I liked:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Check out that horn-bling. I like Wren already.

• Like x 5
  12. OnnaStik

[​IMG]
    In what I must assume is the aftermath of that explosion, it's all dark and smoky and Wren is not impressed. The main light source is... a person?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Might as well check it out. But we have to speed up in a moment, because apparently we're being chased by THESE:
    [​IMG]
    I don't usually mind spiders, but this is just SUPER NOPE. Even megabadass Wren agrees! She starts to run, but the mountain gets really steep.
    [​IMG]
    Glowy lady is trying to help! Unfortunately...
    [​IMG]
    Wren's hand explodes. What did we do to deserve this?
    [​IMG]
    We collapse in a swirl of green light, someplace that really doesn't look like a mountain and is distinctly un-spidery. A few armed men run up to see wtf is going on.

• Like x 2
  13. OnnaStik

So you wake up in a cell...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Our left hand is still doing the green crackly thing, which I must assume it didn't used to do.

The door opens, and in come some people we're probably a lot more pleased to see than Wren is at the moment.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    *squees*
    [​IMG]
    Cassandra does seem to like to open games by being really attractively domineering, doesn't she? I approve.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ^still Cassandra
    [​IMG]
    I, uh, momentarily forgot I was doing this forum-play and picked this option, but I don't think it made that much difference, and it was only the one.
    [​IMG]

• Like x 1
  14. OnnaStik

[​IMG]
    The hand does another burst of light as she does this, apparently responding to the moment of drama, but I didn't quite get the moment.
    [​IMG]
    I courageously resist the urge to make a "do she got the booty" joke.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    There was no option to say "it's my hand, you dumbass" and that's just as well. I don't think Cassandra's in the mood for a Purple Wren right now.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Leliana finally speaks up, to be the Good Cop.
    [​IMG]
    And now we have our choice!

Option 4, as shown, has the weepy-eye icon. #1 has a red fist (angry), #6 has what appears to be a guy in spiky pauldrons with his arms crossed (reticent?), and #3 has a head with a little spiral in it (confused, obvs.)

So what do you say, forumgoers? Should we sadface, stoneface, rageface, or bzuh?

• Like x 1
  15. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

3 bc seriously wtf is goin on

• Like x 1
  16. blue

PSA: Inquisition has some pretty big DA2 spoilers!

.. I suspect a lot of people are already spoiled by tumblr osmosis, but I felt obligated to warn you guys :P

• Like x 5
  17. OnnaStik

>I'm confused.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Looks like it's Leliana's turn to talk.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Wren trails off, Cassandra takes over.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    She's taking the irons off... and replacing them with rope.
    [​IMG]
    TOTALLY NOT OMINOUS AT ALL

18. OnnaStik

So Cassandra leads us to the outside, where something is bright enough that we look away at first...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ...I'm thinking it's probably that.

"That" being:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Okay, whoever broke the Fade is buying us a new one.

• Like x 4
  19. OnnaStik

The Breach does something extra lightningy, followed shortly by:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ah, right. Obviously this is something we did to ourself, then!
    [​IMG]
    Dialogue options show up at this point, and I figured that, as in the other threads, you'd probably want to do all the Investigate options by default. There were two of them here.

>How could it stop this?
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

>You still think I'm guilty?
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    And we have another option! All of them have the same branching-arrow icon.

>_?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
    • Like x 1
  20. blue

Oh no, I'm now feeling RPG Indecision By Proxy
    These all seem like reasonable options! What kind of person is Wrenr! Aaaaaa :hussiedance::mystery:

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice