Knife Shoes and The All-Important Oreo (Hockey!)

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by TrillianAri, Mar 3, 2018.

1. TrillianAri

TrillianAri 5'7" of whelm on a 5'4" frame.

Hello friends! It has been suggested to me that by way of dipping my toe in the forum community (there is so much backlog. SO MUCH.) I make a thread dedicated to my most incongruous obsession - hockey!

Welcome one, welcome all! I have no idea how many of us have fallen into this deep icy hole but I was thinking if there were quite a few of us we might be able to jazz hands above faves here, heckle, maybe even joint-stream a thing!

So, introduce yourself and the particular fan-hole you've fallen into, who your faves are (problematic or not) and come angst over how good our boys and gals are!

I'm Trilli. I'm pretty active on the Discord and the Skype Channels that Were. I live in Boston but I'm a Pittsburgh area ex-pat, and thus my magical faves are dem flightless birds. My obsession has driven me to many things, including but not limited to brushing up on my French, a preoccupation with French Canadian slang, beginning to learn Russian, and a semi-professional career writing for hockey publications like the NWHL, my own blog (Precedent Sport- focused on celebrating the achievements of female athletes and athletes from under-served communities and demographics), and some college hockey publications. I have a particular interest in advancing the sport in underserved communities and especially bringing the glory of women's hockey and all of the accomplishments of my various women's hockey faves, as well as their ability to succeed in the game at large, into the public eye. As such, you'll often hear me screaming about the accomplishments of female hockey players, openly LGBTQIA athletes, and older athletes.

I skate and play, myself, so that's a thing - and am interested in all kinds of artistic pursuits. So let's get this going!

TLDR; Pens, US Women's Hockey National Team. NWHL, CWHL, Pride, Blades, Stars, and sometimes the Habs. Hockey reporter, player, and all around fanatic.

• Winner x 2
  2. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

I don't really follow hockey any more, but I do enjoy watching it when it happens to be on. Grew up in Michigan during the Yzerman/Fedorov era, so I'll be over here cheering for the Redwings.

• Winner x 2
  3. keltka

keltka the green and brown one

I was about to ask about this but OH SHIT THERE IS A HOCKEY THREAD
    HELLO

I'm really upset about what's going down in womens hockey right now and even More mad that I'm down to cheering for the hurricanes because Anyone But The Bruins

4. keltka

5. keltka

gonna see a 67s game tomorrow and I am Hoping the awful cold I have will have abated by then
    I'm so hype

6. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

This is a delightful name for a hockey thread

I don't follow the sport, but I have fond memories of one of the NHL videogames, I think NHL 99. We picked a team for the colors and mascot - I think the penguins? and messed around picking fights as much as playing. Very unrepresentative of the sport, but hey, it was fun

• Winner x 1
  7. keltka

@swirlingflight have you ever seen footage of a goalie fight?? they're good for rainy days

• Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  8. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

I'm Em and I spend my time screaming about the Bruins, the Canes, and occasionally the Flyers. I've cut down on my watching this year because of general fuckery but if someone puts the game on I just can't... take my eyes away...

I don't have anything in particular to say I just realized that this thread existed so I wanted to hop in

• Like x 3
  9. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

No, and I'm astonished to hear that the goalies would roam far enough out to start fighting each other!

10. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

Just popping in here to say, with exasperated affection, that I guess I only stan teams that habitually blow a three goal lead! Get it together y'all, pls.

• Witnessed x 1
  11. keltka

most of the time it's during a bigger fight!! it's amazing

12. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

I don't really follow or watch hockey, but because a friend of mine does I know that both blood and vomit bounce on ice. This was almost enough to tempt me.

• Witnessed x 1
  13. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

...they bounce?

• Agree x 1
  14. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Something about the heat from just exiting the body vs the cold of the ice makes them not immediately go splat like they would on a normal surface? Idk the exact mechanics of it.

• Informative x 2
  15. keltka

I got slapped in the face at mach 5 with an idea for a Really Gay Hockey Romance Novel and I'm kind of wishing it was october so I could plan to write it for nano
    but also wishing it was december so I could be free of my nano plans (hit 50k, then write at least 500 words every day thereafter) and start doing some heavy duty research into women's hockey

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice