Lagomorph’s Shoutin’ Wharf (tbh mostly wierd story ideas)

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by LumiLapin, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Pumpkageist

Pumpkageist Warning: I Shitpost

Totally agree that the main game needed more permanant party members than the 4 guys, Luna needed to join the party, survive the game, and also needed actual character development and... hell, an actual obvious character. They could have done way more with Ravus and also Aranea (both prospective party members, imo). Also hard agree that Tenebrae and Niflheim should have been open to explore. The fall of Insomnia should have come later in the game, give Noct more than a couple of days of carefree dicking around with his bros. I don't know if I'd change as much as you would, because I'm easily entertained and like some things about the game we got, but its execution was... patchy to say the least.

• Agree x 1
  2. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

Lol my revisions would definitely put it more in the line of a more typical final fantasy game, which has. Pros and cons. Like the things I set out to do were a) give Ardyn a more concrete motivation and more interesting character b) fix some of the tonal wierdness and c) character development in general. The narrative and the intended gameplay are....kind of at odds with the tone in the first half. Like the narrative is that their home has been bombed and their families killed and they are on a quest to find a way to make things right, but for a long while their plan seems to be go to Altissa, eventually, I guess? and gameplay wise you are mostly still dicking around. For mine the fall of Insomnia marks the transition from a goofy game with serious undertones to a more serious game with more lighthearted moments. Really spend the first half chasing Ardyn and his crew around (I admit the quirky miniboss squad is the most questionable part and I lit just added them s like. An homage to the Turks. Ardyn himself would def be more Kefka-esque) and build up the relationships between the boys and then Iris, as well as build Luna up as like. A distant savior type and the perfect Oracle. Then you meet Luna and turns out she's a disaster too lol. Like in my perfect version of the game she also gets a ridiculous embarrassing crush on Cindy, and she and Prom are half fighting and half commiserating. Like at one point Cindy asks for someone to help her with tools or something and the two of them practically slam into each other they're so eager. But Luna's deal would also be that. She's still keeping most of the prophecy from Noctis bc she's known from a young age and its really fucked her up and she doesn't want the same thing to happen to him, but she feels guilty for keeping it from him and doesn't know what the right thing to do is. She feels that as Oracle she's supposed to always know the right thing to do, but at the end of the day she's still young and traumatized.

(For the record, Ardyn's quirky miniboss squad would have Ravus as the Ignis analogue (snarky, British, tired af, Would Die For A Royal Prophecy Child), with the Prompto analogue being another MT clone that Ardyn decided to raise on a whim. Like it's emphasized that he grew up w Ardyn being actually a very loving father (except grooming him into being his little minion) and he's very sheltered and naive and genuinely sweet and cheerful, to contrast with Prompto's kind of more artificial cheer. Everyone points out that wow, Prom, that kid looks like you! (he has diff hair styling and Less Freckle but other then that...) and Prompto's like wow! What a conincidence! And internally he's flipping out whenever the other MT is near, wondering if that's his twin or something, where did he come from, oh my god. I'm less sure on the Gladio analogue, but I think she's someone who Ardyn saved after she did something that pissed off the higher ups but what the Right Thing To Do, and she kinda plays on Gladio's thing of like. Feeling like she has a duty to something she doesn't always agree with. Like she had something she was Born to Do but she left it bc she felt like it wasn't right. Anyways)

3. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

Ok but. Harry Potter au where Petunia has a midlife crisis when Harry’s like 8, divorces Vernon, takes Harry and maybe Dudley, and gets with her childhood friend Severus Snape

4. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

shit that makes me wanna learn how to code #543- I want a full minecraft combat overhaul. Like not just "we added more swords and armor and cool powers", but adding dodging, parrying, different playstyles. Give diff armors diff benefits, instead of it being a steady upwards progression- some give more defense but make you slow as fuck, some are easier to move in, ect- and diff weapons with actually different playstyles. Then you can add your fancy powers on top of that, but the way to fix minecraft's combat isn't to just stack more stuff on top of the current clunky system, its to rebuild the system to make it faster and more engaging.

5. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

other mods I want: one that unifies all the different dyes added by different mods, one that adds gemstones that don't just add 12 new armors and tools, but actual unique effects, more like lapis- you can use one to decrease the amount of levels needed to enchant/repair, one that's basically temp hp and another thats temp stamina (or at least u can craft something from them that works like that), one that you can use to make like. lasers or something that trasmits redstone signals to a distant point or something, ect.

6. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

The one I am actually gonna Work On Making is one to make vanilla biomes more varied and interesting instead of adding new ones- a lot of new trees along side the current ones in current biomes, some rarer then others, new flowers, new food, new structures to find, and maybe even, gasp, a reason to find new structures. Simple and sweet.

7. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

Another mod I want but don’t think I can manage- pet overhaul. Allow you to set an area as their “home” so that the only options aren’t bring them into danger and never allow them to move. Maybe allow them to do stuff like gather dirt or wood, or mob drops, and give them to you when u come nearby. Maybe add toys and levels of bonding- unless u bond with them they’re not gonna leap into battle for u and they might run away. Also more textures/breeds.

• Like x 1
  8. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

Ok so concept for A Different Gamified Task Thing:
    It’s a fantasy shop sim. You start out with just a simple item shop, but eventually you can invest in smithing, potionmaking, alchemy, ect, or even diversify into an inn, or a pub, ect. You can set, like, small tasks or daily tasks, that kinda stuff, which basically drive how many customers/orders and such you have that day. Then you can also have projects, like for school or for writing or ect, and whenever you log more progress you get xp to put towards unlocking new or improved products, doing research, expanding ur market, ect. You can also add appointments or classes, and if u check in before and after u get a lump of cash. You have random workers and assistants, and then a concrete cast of characters, some who work for you, some who assist you, and antagonistic characters, and recurring customers. The ones who work for you basically represent different types of tasks? Like ones for housework, one for homework/work projects, one for artistic projects, ect. And they’ll gove u like. Advice for how to get common projects like that done, and maybe little minigames or quests like “clean your room” or “write a flash fiction”. Maybe you can establish trade with other cultures through a studying minigame, like a flash card kinda thing, which represents you learning about the culture you’re reaching out to? And of course you can buy furniture to customize ur shop, customize its room layout even, and clothes and such to customize ur characters. Anyways that. Sounds nice. To bad I don’t know how to code or art.

• Like x 1
  9. Lebesgue Integreat

Lebesgue Integreat Lesbian Intrigue

Sounds like a more NPCs version of Forager, which is pretty cool I would definitely suggest checking it out when the full game drops (it's in late beta right now).

• Like x 1
  10. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

Ok so character idea: a robot kid made out of something called Resonant Metal, which is basically solid sound alloyed with other stuff. The scientist who made them theorized that the different waveforms would resonate differently when different materials were added, and that these waves would be able to induce something very close to true emotion, and more importantly different personalities in the different robos. Main robo is extremely emotional, can be kind of an anxious wreck at times but feels every feeling Very Much, due to high resonance content. When they are shocked or scared they get very staticky and erratic, when they are happy they buzz back and forth, when they are anxious they kinda resemble a shepard tone, ect. I should note i have no clue what I’m talking about. They have a little brother, who has a higher metal content, and therefore is very calm and stoic until he’s not, and a little sister, who has a very low resonance content and is therefore just the chillest.

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  11. Lebesgue Integreat

Lebesgue Integreat Lesbian Intrigue

Scientist: "BEHOLD, I have created a personality!"
    Peer: "You fucked up a perfectly good robot is what you did, look, it's got anxiety."

• Agree x 1
  12. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

13. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

Best quality: Their Wiggles

• Winner x 1
  14. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

7F5CE90F-AFD4-4AD1-9B0E-BF1EA1BB5C91.jpeg she had to take this as a candid bc in all of the selfies we were trying to take I looked terrible i never know what to do with my face to look like a human

• Winner x 4
  15. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

I want a Dark AU for my batchild lol
    yandelems.png

• Winner x 1
  16. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

Ok so another like. Backstory idea that i cant think out a story going foreward for

There was a group of child heroes, possibly of some sort of time adventure? Like travelling back and forth. So at the end their reward, their erernal paradice, is a land where time is not only stopped but doesn’t exist, a land where they can run through city streets and wild woods and castles and all sorts of wonderous places. But one of them betrayed te others during the adventure, going to another side, so she was denied this paradice. She had to grow up. And I think she is now stranded in time from where she’s supposed to be, like she was a medieval princess now stuck in the modern world, and one of her eyes basically doesn’t work bc she can see the world of those she betrayed, but never take part in it. Maybe the leader can see her sstanding there and talk to her, but the others cant. I think... that like the initial plot was that the king of animals wanted to destroy humanity or something like that, so he messed with time, and they had to go thru time to save it, but later on a new threat came up and betrayed both sides, betrayed them enough that the kids paradice is a world with the only people they can trust- each other, which is why the traitor wasnt allowed in even tho they were on the same side again for the final fight. She’s like. Half beast now, in temperment, and she can ynderstand animals- not like she can speak their language, but she understands them and they understand her and protect her. What I don’t know is what happens goin foreward like at all? I think maybe she is drawn up in another magical team adventure? I like the idea of a magical veteran getting drawn up in a completely unrelated magic adventure, and she has to deal w her own survivor’s guilt and trust issues n shot w these new ppl idk

• Like x 3
  17. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

Sometimes she just passes out in an alley or somewhere bc she’s too tired to make it home and a cluster of feral dogs and cats surround her and growl at anyone who even thinks about coming close

• Like x 1
  18. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

Her name is Victoria but she goes by Tori near exclusively. If you call her Vicki she just doesnt respond at all

• Like x 1
  19. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

The Leader’s father was like a kooky mad scientist who dabbled in magic and he made the time machine they used, but kinda died in doing so. He occasionally checks in on Tori which is nice but hes a wierd time ghost so it doesnt do her much good. Sometimes he brings gifts though.

• Like x 3
  20. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

I dont think catholic orphanage boarding schools are even still a thing but fuck it she goes to one

• Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice