Lagomorph’s Shoutin’ Wharf (tbh mostly wierd story ideas)

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by LumiLapin, Aug 21, 2018.

1. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

I admit I fucking love all omega chocobros but the real abo au I wish I would actually write rn is the one where Prompto is a late blooming alpha who everyone assumed was gonna be an omega. Like he hung out with omegas, got omega sex ed, ect. (The verse is one where your designation is known from birth but bc Prompto is a possibly illegal refugee his adoptive parents just guessed.) Ignis is an alpha but posing as a beta because Noctis is an omega and it is deeply, deeply inappropriate for an alpha to serve an omega in the same way ignis does- he could probably stay on as advisor, but not as caretaker. Gladio’s an omega too, and feels like he has to act as Alpha As Fucking Possible because otherwise they’ll take the job of Shield away from him( the only reason they didn’t when Iris was born was bc shes an omega as well) and. Can be very “I’m not like other omegas” but still has to deal with getting disrespected by other nobles, and feeling shitty that he feels shitty when other people think he’s an ugly ass omega even though he thinks he shouldn’t care what they think.

2. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

Also the fucking. Pack shit and smelling n shit is part of what I love about abo. I could take or leave the knotting but fuck if I don’t fucking love empathic pack bonded

• Agree x 1
  3. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

Ok so the abo au I tend to play in, with a few adjustments based on whether betas or alphas are the ruling cast and whether or not they’re just straight up werewolves. I love straight up werewolves/other weres. All afab people both have wombs and can have children, but fertility rates are pretty low, and lower still for alpha women because of hormone shit. Beta and alpha women tend to only have single birth pregnancies, with twins being very rare and very frail. The same is basicaly true for all amab people- they can all ejaculate, but beta and especially omega men have a far lower chance of impregnation. Two betas have beta children 98% of the time. It is hypothosized that something caused fertility rates to rapidly decline and the abo shit cropped up as an alternitive mode of childbirth, either thru bullshit evalution or straight up magic (or in the case of weres “making a pact with animal spirits.”) Omegas tend to have litters of 3-5, but anywhere in the range of 1-8 isn’t super unusual. Child mortality is fairly high bc the secondary reproductive system (or, with weres, the animal side) causes a strain on the body. Betas are about 70% of the population, alphas are 15%, omegas are 10%, and about 5% has absolutely no abo hormones whatsoever. Omegas have an especially lower survival rate because developing the organs to support a litter is really hard. Each combination of gender/secondary gender has different traditional roles- in general alphas are supposed to protect and provide, betas are supposed to manage, and omegas are supposed to keep the home, while men do more “physically demanding jobs.” This is purely cultural shit tho, and varies. Alpha men are warriors and guards, while alpha women are hunters, builders, ect. Both can take on jobs such as mining or logging. Beta men are accountants and beurocrats, while beta women are scribes/secretaries and teachers. Omega men take care of farming and house matinence, omega women sew and cook and take care of that sort of domestic task that is very traditionally feminine in our culture, and both take care of childrenand are early childhood teachers. The leaders are either a warrior caste of alphas or an intellectual caste of betas, but either way the mid to lower levels of government are almost all beta. Again this is all just cultural gender roles. It’s a bit more common for an alpha, beta, or omega to just have no connection to secondary presentation at all then to be a transalpha or beta or omega, but there’s still a decent amount of people who are, just as there are still transmen, transwomen, and nb people.

• Like x 1
  4. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

@KingStarscream ok so the spaxe station didn’t have much in the way of a hierarchy- sure, there were some people who are more leadery then others, but its such a small group that its rlly more of a large, extended family. So please imagine when Miku goes back she is really bad at gauging linguistic formality/context, not just in a refers to the literal princess by first name no honorific way but also in a way where she parses internet memes the same way she proccesses all idioms and turns of phrase, and it took a long while for her to get that certain words and phrases arent seen as appropriate for certain contexts

Teacher: says something about physics she knows to be wrong
    Miku, loudly: I’m shoving my breadsticks in my purse!!!

• Like x 2
  5. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

SHE WOULD OH MY GOD SHE WOULD

6. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

Ok so
    My gf and I decide to go to the store to get chips
    I notice theres a minivan idling outside her house but figured it was a neighbor. A couple blocks away the car drives up and slows down next to us and the most nasal voice i ever did hear yells “Happy Halloween, sluts!” And throws a pumpkin at us. It only flew for like half a foot and then rolled peacefully to our feet. He then sped off.
    Like. I know I should be scared or something but its so fucking ridiculous????

• Agree x 2
    • Winner x 1
  7. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

???

what the hell

• Agree x 3
  8. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

E0D025BB-886B-46A6-85EA-D1E992BBA1AC.jpeg

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 2
  9. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

that is true. but i am just so. it feels like some sort of fucking 4koma or something.

• Agree x 1
  10. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

A42E6755-FEB1-42F7-8FC3-4F1EF0E271AF.jpeg
    The pumpkin got a couple scrapes but is expected to make a full recovery!

• Winner x 5
  11. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

theres just something unfathomably funny abt "happy halloween, sluts"
    i want to like
    embroider it on a pillow or s/t

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
  12. Kathy

Kathy Well-Known Member

God it's awful that you got catcalled but congrats on the pumpkin

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
  13. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

God I know right???
    Its ok it was literally too dumb to take seriously. My mom made me call the non emergency police number to report it so in case there’s any more cases of the late november pumpkin slinger its on the books

• Like x 1
  14. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

Ok so if I were to make a pokemon ttrpg here’s how I think i would approach it

-Try to simplify the stats as much as possible. Make the numbers way smaller, and make different tiers of pokemon that have the same number of stat points, distributed differently. Maybe every 10 levels pokemon get 1 additional stat point, which u can determine if ur its trainer but will otherwise go in a preordained stat. Other ways to stat up will be way rarer
    - Trainers level up, gaining more abilities as thy do- the ability to control higher level pokemon, the ability to carry up to 6 pokemon (you would start with 2 slots), the ability to get more exp for ur active poke or such and so.
    - A better training/bond system. No more beating them up until they love you i’m sorry no. Probably start with a base bond, like in game, but it takes until bond like. 25 before they are rlly “yours”. Bonding takes active effort
    - a system more like sun and moons islands then the computer boxes for the pokemon ur not using
    - heres the biggest and hardest one- general public doesn’t know about typing. But I dont think i could pull this off bc it would be basically impossible for ppl not to metagame unless we made all new pokemon which. I aint that gr8 a designer and ppl would want the pokes theyre familiar with.
    - different trainer classes which confer a diff starting ability, like a breeder stars with an extra 5 bond and an ace trainer gets an extra stat point to put into pokes. Something like that

• Like x 1
  15. Lebesgue Integreat

Lebesgue Integreat Lesbian Intrigue

For the typing, you could simply change the type effectiveness to make it less intuitive. Example: grass loses its usual effectiveness chart and gains the resistances of ghost, plus the effectiveness of water. i.e. Grass is now immune to fighting and normal, weak to ghost and dark, resists poison and bug, and neutral to anything else and then is super effective on fire, ground, and rock, resisted by water, dragon, and grass, and neutral to all else.

• Like x 2
  16. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

C H A O S R E I G N S

17. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

Terra/Aqua is literally the only straight ship I am invested in in this cold dark world

18. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

Please ask me about my son, Terra “Dumbass” Kingdomhearts

19. boop

boop beepbeep

hello yes i would like to know more about the person who bears that fantastic name

• Agree x 1
  20. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

Yes thank you. Sorry for the late reply. But thank u
    Just. Everyone gets on Terra for trusting obviously evil people but!!! A) hes sheltered as fuck b) you can’t just assume people are evil because they look evil!!! Like yeah maybe the bitch with horns you can assume but like. Yes this guy is squinty and has pointy ears and wierd wiggly fingers but hes also his dad’s brother? And his teacher’s collaborater? Of corse Terra is gonna trust this guy he is an authority and Terra has been taught his whole lfe to obey authority!!! And finally it was an authority figure who was telling him he’s not completely failed, that darkness does not automatically mean evil! And he doesn’t trust most of the villians! Hes just a polite boy but he doesn’t trust the evil queen, Maleficent literally brainwashes him, he goes along w Jumba bc he sympathizes w Stitch- hes never just blindly doing whatever hes told, he’s trying to do whats right!!! And just. The more he tries to do right, the more he tries to be right, the more he tries to find a way that he can reconcile who he is supposed to be with who he actually is, the more he just fucks everything up.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice