Lagomorph’s Shoutin’ Wharf (tbh mostly wierd story ideas)

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by LumiLapin, Aug 21, 2018.

1. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

title subject to change lol
    Thread for dumb jokes, dm postin, oc bullshit, art, maybe the occasional actual point, and crying about jrpgs at 2 am. Serious business shall be relegated to my holler closet. Any nsfw stuff will be under a cut but might occur

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    • Winner x 1
  2. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

A frand is starting a persona tabletop and! I get to play in a tabletop again! As a pc! I'm so excited!
    enkoartwip.png Her name is Enko Michinimayo, she is a disaster who has never cut her hair. She was an orphan that recently got "phased out" of the state home program, and so has a night job as a bartender in order to keep going to school. She's really determined to get through school even though she's kind of a dumb piece of shit.

• Like x 2
  3. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

enkoartwip2.png

• Winner x 1
  4. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

I wanna be the fucking Rita Repulsa to the race of sexy octopus people that replace us

• Winner x 1
  5. Paradigm Shift

Paradigm Shift Sleepy Girl Wants Love

A F T E R
    T E N
    T H O U S A N D
    Y E A R S

• Winner x 1
  6. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

That being said, here is my dream video game.
    You start as an exile in a fantasy world. You get to make your own character that can be human, elf, dwarf, orc, maybe more, and tou can chose certain traits from a list such as why you wrre exiled. You come across a clearing in a dense forest and decide to try and spend the night there. When you wake up you see a fairy, who reveals that this is their glade and you’ve infringed on their hospitality. Thankfully, they’ll let you pay it back- by sticking around. See, they’re also kind of an outcast, and super lonely. If you keep them company and grow idk gemapples for them they’ll let you stay here and help you out. So you start making a little farm, exploring the near forest for materials and seeds, design a little house- you can probably choose between like. Layout, roof type, materials? That kinda thing. More choices unlocked the further you go. And soon someone else comes- a former nobles kid, who was also kicked outta their home. They agree to stay and help you bookkeep and such if you help them survive. Soon more people start showing up. Some of them are like. Defined, more written out characters, others are randomly generated from a combo of a few personality traits. There can be conversations fepending on their traits, like in animal crossing, that kinda thing. You can zone the area and design the houses- or leave it up to others. Each person has a certain job they love, a certain job they’d be ok with, and a job they hate. If you try to make them do stuff they hate, of treat them poorly, or don’t have enough resources, they’ll leave. But you can either micromanage stuff (act as architect and design houses, act as builder and place them, act as seamstress and make clothes, act as farmer and get food, act as guard and defeat monsters, ect) or leave them up to your people, signing off on decisions but not having to make them all yourself. Over time, as you start producing food and materials and clothe and art, you start establishing trade with other towns (you never go there urself I think, or if u do its pretfy basic- the gameworld is mostly limited to an area of this forest), and eventually you can even start influencing politics, if u want, forcing the Corrupt Evil Empire to reform. Or you can run around and make pretty clothes for everyone. Or both.

• Winner x 2
  7. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

So like. Animal Crossing but more but also not realtime bc thats so stressful

8. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

This might be my fave fucking cat video of all time

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  9. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

I did some. Concepty Arty Stuff for game idea up there
    aconceptgrove1.png aconceptgrove2.png aconceptorckid1.png aconceptorckid2.png aconceptorckid3.png

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  10. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

Clothing design would work like some dollmakers- you could decide the collar, sleeves, torso, bottom, cuffs, length, ect, any embellishments, and then decide the colors for all. Maybe an advanced version would be available where u could fix any wierdness caused by differing sets, ect

11. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

(I wanna say u could also make ur own fabric that works like animal crossing clothing design- u just get to Draw A Thing, and then if u use it for clothes u can decide how its positioned)

12. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

Tbh I fucking love the idea of luna being as much kf a disaster as Noct. She needs someone or someones to dress her bc they are just stuffing her at most 1/4 awake body into a dress and high heels. At age 24 she still tries to puppy eye Ravus into carrying her places. Half of her and Noct’s notebook is her drawing rude pictures of various Niff officials and relaying all the gossip (the other half is the two of them drawing pictures of cute animals they saw). “The General in charge of this base is Caligo Ulldor,” says Ignis. “Oh yeah, hes the one who tried to hit on Commadore Primus, but he did it while Primus’s wife was right next to him, and then like a week later he caught Primus fucking his mistress on a mantinence walk in the keep, but when he tried to tell people nobody believed him because Primus said he was just angry that Primus didn’t wanna fuck him.” Ignis just blinks and nods. He is chemically unable to feel surprise anymore.

13. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

....If I could run a tabletop that was basically Animal Crossing then I would. I wanna.

• Like x 2
  14. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

Maybe a little more realistic but just. Fun surviva and town building.

• Like x 1
  15. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

My girlfriend is showing me cut songs from Frozen and....I rlly like them....god I wish they had played up Anna's character as more than just...quirky. Like I love Elsa's character arc that they...intended. But in the movie Anna doesn't rlly....get much of a character arc. Anyways remove/reduce Olaf and Hans and or Kristoff and rlly get into Anna and Elsa. Thanks for coming to my TED talk

• Like x 2
  16. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

Twilight au where bc edward is being a bitch about the pregnancy bella and rosalie get closer and fall in love and edward throws a fit and tries to get jacob to help him break them up on on the one hand jake doesnt especially want bella dating any vampire but on the other hand he’s driven at least 50% by spite at any given time and so is purposefully sabotaging edwards “brilliant plans” until one day he realizes that hes not sabotaging them outta spite but outta jealously. Meanwhile alice and jasper are eating popcorn

• Like x 3
  17. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

ok so. modern 5e setting is called Finale City. Setting is only the city, with some surrounding lands enclosed by a wall. Travel outside of it rare if not impossible. Yeah its a little attack on titany but like. Cyberpunkier. It's a city that has built upon itself for thousands of years, expanding and retracting, falling and rising. Its a mess of thin, winding streets and impromptu skyways and canals where the water has turned black. Do Not Swim In The Canals. In some areas the lower levels are almost swamps, with buildings barely holding up against the constant push of the water. They never see the sun down there. It's built on a hill, kind of, and the really bad places are at the lowest level of the valley- old floodplains where the waters stopped receding after the rains. The highest points are also the newest and most technologically advanced, but they are built on the ruins of the original city from long, long ago, which some say was destroyed when a god died there. Most don't, because most don't believe in gods. There are still fantasy races and such, and any magical abilities they have are just considered things they can do, but magic itself is no longer considered real- or is being suppressed somehow. I am considering adding some kinda counter where the more magic is done in public Shit Starts To Go Wrong. Why do I do these things to myself this shit is off the top of my head. There are only six gods- well, only six gods left. There's Mr.Sky, the former king of the gods, who lives at the top of the tallest tower in the city, which sits atop the tallest point of the hill. He runs Skycorp, a technology firm that controls half the city. There's the Lady of the Sewer, former queen of the gods who is kinda but not really undead and runs a sword cult out of the sewers. Idk the other's names but there's the goddess of death, who deprived of her many reapers has to take the job of killing those who did not die when their time is up onto herself, and works as a nurse at many hospitals and is a serial killer in her spare time; the god and/or goddess of love, maybe, who doesn't run a brothel bc thats boring but does run dating sites and reality tv shows and probably just owns all the major media conglomerates which is only slightly less boring probably; the god of nature, who wanders around the wilds pulling pranks and helping people in a jam and is probably a cryptid; annddddd idk one more. Anyways this has been my ted talk

• Like x 2
  18. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

story idea (prolly comic or cartoon or video game): a whole bunch of people (probably like 100) wake up in some weird ass landscape with no memories. Some fuck with horns shows up and tells them that they all killed in their life, whether it was by accident or on purpose, whether it was one person or thousands of people or just yourself. Killing is defined as "you took a deliberate action that caused someone to die when they would not have naturally" (everyone has a "natural lifespan" and a way they are fated to die but it doesn't take into account human actions so its next to useless.) They are to fight each other to the "death" (they're in hell so), and all those that die will becomes lowly demons, tortured for eternity, while the winner will become the new ruler of hell. Also they may have special powers depending on What Kinda Murder they did. A lot of the like. Intrigue would be around whether to believe this all or not, and what kind of killing they might have done- they have no real idea.

• Like x 1
  19. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

Also they are fixed at the age they were the first time they killed.

20. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

Ok so. If I was writing FFXV I think I would have Ardyn’s motive be, essentially, bringing Noct down to his level. Prove that the fault was in his stars, not in himself- that being the King of Light is an impossible task. He’d have a less overtly villianous introduction- or at least overtly main villianous. Build up the emperor or Besithia more, maybe have more time where Noct is roaming around the citadel the day before he leaves, doing tutorials instead of that wierd Carbuncle dream sequence and he meets the emperor or Besthia who does the fake reasonable obviously secretly sinister thing. Give Ardyn, like, a quirky miniboss squad, make them obviously the reason that the ferries at Galdin aren’t running. If we wanna keep them canon characters it could be like, Loqi and Ravus and Aranea, but I think I’d rather it be Ravus and two new characters, and Ravus and Noctis have some hilariously petty sniping at each other, like, Ravus is blaming Noctis for the fall of Tenebrae but also for being so unclassy that he gives princes everywhere a bad name. The first half is basically trying to get the ferries running turns into chasing Ardyn and his miniboss squad across Lucis, finding royal tombs as a sidequest. The Imperial soldiers are all nice, and say that they are deserters, but Ardyn occasionally drops some cryptic advice on them, and does stuff to actually help others at times, and his intentions are rlly hard to discern. The magitek go haywire, and Besithia go missing, and you learn more and more about his expiriments, and the Emperor explicitly denies knowing that the Magitek were clone soldiers and you get the impression that he’s not lying. Away from Ardyn the Emperor is kinda returning to his reasonable, pre total war self, but hes confused af. Iris likes. Runs away to bring some info to Noct and the boys, and stays as another party member- you can swap her out w one of the boys, primary weapon fists and secondary staves- as both a white mage and a monk thing. Ignis switches secondary weapon from polearm to katana, I think? Goes full weeb lol. I’m not sure. All party members still gain exp, maybe members who aren’t active a little less, but not enough that they’d seriously fall behind on exp unless you never use them.
    Its at about a midpoint when Insomnia falls- before that you get the occasional call from your dad, or from Clarus, hear from crown city, that kinda thing. The Emperor dramatically sacrifices himself or something. That marks an actual tone shift. You hear Luna dies still, but she comes to you instead, telling Noct that he needs to go find the astrals. She’s also a party member- idk what weapons to give her if we want Aranea to stay dragoon. Maybe something hilariously unprincesslike, like she has her ceremonial trident but also brass knuckles or a club or something. Or just magic. So you go around to meet the astrals, and now the Imperials have turned against u. When Ardyn and his crew show up, they actually help you, and Ravus and Luna get a cute reunion b4 they gotta split again. Loqi and Calligo are there as a those two bad guys- they are the main imperial presence, but its kinda a joke how hilariously without guile they are. There are more party member specific sidequests. Like u got Prompto’s photo ops, but Iggy also requests rare ingredients that u gotta find, and Gladio is a nerd who is making the Beastiary as you go and asks you to like. Stalk animals as he studies their habits n shit. Iris is a kid, and her sidequests are all over the place- like, she’s trying shit out, but shes also handsy and crafty and adventerous, so her quests are like- Noct, I heard that this berry makes a really cool dye, we gotta find it! or Noct, the wool from this animal is super soft, lets kill it! Maybe with associated lil crafting minigames. Luna wants to get a touristy little something from everywhere you go. There’s also more character development sidequests, like a bit more meaty then the ones at the havens in the game now. More like that one night w Prompto at the motel. Aranea joins for good around the time she’s a party member in canon. As a mercenary, her sidequests are targets u gotta track down and eliminate, but since shes a gruff but good mercenary they’re all totally bad guys don’t worry.
    I’m not actually sure we need to see more of Altissa? Like I don’t think there’s much more we can stuff into there without it being really wierdly paced. But the Tenebrae/Niflhiem continent is open world like Lucis was, and you can travel between the two without time travel, like you use either the Regalia Type-F or Aranea’s ship. You have to like, slowly try and push the Imperial forces back, with their command structure rapidly dissolving, and eventually u actually have to save Loqi and Calligo from the daemons pouring outta Gralea. Besthia os the mastermind here, and u actually fight the giant robot worm in canon. He’s like. Trying to creatw a world of only daemons cuz hes crazy. So he does- maybe Ardyn even helps u out- but instead of the daemons dying back, they increase, as Ardyn takes control, and going thru Besithia’s labs and such you find out he was the mastermind- and after maybe one last fight with his miniboss squad the two new ones protest against Ardyn, saying that thy won’t go along woth this, and he just straight up kills them- he never actually cares, or if he did he still considers them disposable. Noct is still seperates, and this time Ardyn like. Rlly pounds in that Noct’s friends think hes useless, that he’ll never be king, that they shpuldn’t trust him and they don’t. Maybe even like- give him impossible tasks, try to infect him with the scourge, do anything to try and corrupt Noctis- and he reveals the truth ot Noct, what he must do, that he’d have to die for people who don’t care and don’t trust him. Since most people think he died in Insomnia or something he would barely even be remembered. Probably some more compelling reasons. And Noct still chooses to fight past him and go into the crystal for reflection.
    Character wise I’d do a few changes? Biggest would be Gladio, who does the gregarious flirt thing but it is actually more of a cover and he’s kinda shy, tho he still takes his duty very seriously. He’s also a huge naturalist nerd who fucking loved nature and plants and animals, and will cut himself off from excitedly spewing fun facts to seem cooler. Noct’s life of priviledge gets more emphasized- he’s not a prick but he can be kinda naive, and he really wants to seem cool and regal. Make a contrast to the sacrifice he makes at the end. Iris is a bit more excitable, but eager to seem older then she is. Luna has a personality (specifically, while she’s more diplomatic she’s as much of a slob as Noct is. She tried to keep up appearences 24/7 bc she never knows who she can trust, so she gets exhausted a lot, but sometimes her facade falls and she’s just as silly and dorky as the others.) It’s emphasized that Cindy is just. Very oblivious to flirting and relationships. She Likes Cars, thats it, thats all. Part of Prompto’s sidequest line is the girls in the party going “sweetheart, it aint happening.” anyways, thanks for coming to my ted talk

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice