Lagomorph’s Shoutin’ Wharf (tbh mostly wierd story ideas)

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by LumiLapin, Aug 21, 2018.

1. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

SET ISNT GHE GOD OF FUCKING DEATH!!!

2. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

Hello I have decided to shift my focus into being a full time Joshua Kiryu stan I hope you will all stand by me during this new and exciting phase of my life

3. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

In my heart of hearts, all I wanna do...is make a jrpg.....

4. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

My current idea is like. The setting stuff I rambled about a few pages ago. With the sun goddess turned underground drow goddess n stuff. Player character is Seren, a mercenary in the borderlands-also called the Long Way- between the monster covered ravages where the gods war was fought and "civilization". When the gods killed the Moon her corpse turned into a seething vortex that monsters spew outta, and mercenaries are people- usually young people with little choice bc at least this gives them free food and shelter- who are tasked with keeping the monsters from invading civilization. However, the more time you spend around monsters, the more monsterous you become yourself, and if u don't die then you are usually put down by other mercs the second u start showing monsterous features. Seren has been. Avoiding that. And just trying her best to stem the tide of monsters before she joins it- except that one day she finds a higher purpose. She sees a kid alone in the wilderness and saves thrm from monsters, only to find that thry're not a kid at all but a baby god- the child of the Sun and Moon, the god of the Stars, turns out that it takes like, a long fucking time for a good to be born, and since none of the other gods knew about them and the Sun figured they had died with the Moon nobody ever did anything about them, and so they were born from their mother's corpse- aka the swirling monster vortex- and, because they are a god and born with knowledge of their purpose, started trying to find someone to help them. They have a Plan I will figure out later to restore the Moon, but since they are a baby their powers are still very weak, so they need help. Like. A lot. Buuuut mortals cannot understand them bc they only knows the language of the gods- which is now the language on monsters. Seren is now monsterous enough to understand them tho, and they cut a deal with hr- she helps them w their plan, they help her with the whole retaining her humanity thing.

5. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

Also I think instead of being ripped up the other gods were put to sleep instead of killed. The three centers of their godly essence- their Body, their Heart, and their Name- were all separated, and much of the game would be a kinda open world travelling about find their tombs and like. Restoring them? Figuring out their names and finding their hearts and reuniting them with their bodies. I think. Unsure how many gods there are. It would be faaiirly open world for a jrpg alike

6. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

Other party members include-
    The kid whose supposed to be the new Sun and their paladin, who start out as recurring enemies but eventually get recruited
    A cheerful orc boy who has never done anything wrong in his life, ever
    (Orcs are like. The people created by the goddess of the moon so when she died they were a bit monsterous and were driven into the monster lands by humans. Elves were created by the Sun but when she betrayed the rest of the 8 some of them followed her underground, some renounced her completely, and some decided they don't rlly give a fuck about gods at all)
    A sorceress from 1000 years ago who may have had something to do with starting the war between the gods? She had a complicated 32 point plan to become a god herself and point 18 was "be sealed away for 1000 years" except she woke up without any of her memories and most of her power?she's being kept at the magic academy while ppl try to figure out what to do with her
    Runaway clone boy who hides his anxiety behind a wise cracking facade!
    A cleric of the sun and or moon who somehow time travelled from over 1000 years ago. His confusion is matched only by his superior instincts as a Mom Friend

7. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

Seren is kinda a blue mage/beserker type. Bc shes a monster she can learn their abilities, and her covenant w the god of stars means she can shift between an only barely monsterous form and her monster form which is prolly a bigass white wolf or something like that, so that plays into her battle style. Cleric is a white mage, clone boy is a thief, sorceress is a black mage, paladin is a tank and orc boy is I think a summoner. Unsure what the Sun protoge would be but I think they are like the default jrpg kid with a sword

8. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

Also gonna have Serens childhood friend who is a Punch Gal bc y'all Seren is just Lady Cloud lbr

9. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

Each god got to make their own species but some of them are v rare, some are extinct, and some are just barely changed lol. Humans were made by the god of wheat, who is one of the major gods. Unsure if he's part of team bad gods I'm not sure if I wanna send the message that agriculture is evil. Elves are the sun, but High Elves have been adopted by the leader of the new gods, the god of Law, bc his peeps, the Ancients, kinda wiped themselves out via civil war, tho they used to be the dominant ppl. The god of the Wild has these huge bunny dogs called Babuns, who mostly guard the Fae Forests now. Ect ect

10. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

Look I'm just gonna say it Noct is the last fucking King. I am certain that after 10 years without him the people of Lucis can figure out self governance without a divinely appointed leader and they dont't need any for the crystal anymore. Ignis is a smart dude he can figure out how to set up a system of self governance without relying on strange astrals laying in ponds distributing rocks

11. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

ARANEA HIGHWIND FOR PRESIDENT

12. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

.....Ok so trying to figure out how u could adapt Pokemon damage calc to a tabletop format. I am thinking that critical would obviously be on a nature 20, with an expanded cfit range depending on the move. I think I would apply typing to hit rather then to damage to keep things as simple as possible. Defence and attack would..... Hm ok. Making this a d100 based system is probably too much. Ensmallify the numbers for the stats, with pokemons attack as the to hit and defense as an ac u roll. Accuracy is either added or subtracted depending on what it is, as are weather effects. Damage is based on the moves power, with effectiveness either adding a +1/2 possible damage or just the entire damage again, and a crit doubles just the die? STAB provides a +1.
    Honestly my first instinct? Is to go for a new, simplified type system, but that is probably a bad instinct. But like a thing that separates out the elemental types, like fire, water, grass, rock, steel, electric, ice (and maybe shadow and light?) and then lets say. General characteristic types? like psychic, dragon, bug, fighting, ect ect. The first ones'll be about those effectiveness, while the others would provide different traits and abilities and such.

• Like x 1
  13. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

Actually nvm about redoing typing thats the kinda thing that sounds simplifying but ends up more obnoxious
    Ok figuring out what the pokemon tiers would be....
    Tiers would determine how much stat points a pokemon has to mess around with. Evolutions would provide a set amount of bonus points based on tier as well. There would be a special starter tier; one for common early game types (birds and rodents and such), which would start weak but gain a decent amount in evolution; the pitiful tier, which is purely for magikarp type start weak and take a lot to train up; the uncommon tier (prolly need a better name), which is for midgame single evolution type stuff; the...heavy hitter tier? for higher end stuff like idk a steelix, gardevoir, most eeveelutions?; the....next tier above that one; the tier for legendaries but the kinda shitty ones; the tier for most legendaries and psudeolegendaries; and then the great legendary tier.
    something....like that. idkkkk

14. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

where would we be as a society without slightly manic white guys who let animals bite and sting them for our amusement

• Agree x 1
  15. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

Lookit this guy. He's so overdramatic its adorable. Not like, his reaction to the pain, I don't wanna accuse him of faking, but his narration n stuff

• Agree x 1
  16. Lebesgue Integreat

Lebesgue Integreat Lesbian Intrigue

Coyote Peterson is wonderful and I respect him so much for going so far to teach people about animal safety and also first aid.

• Agree x 1
  17. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

Some Pokemon ideas:
    -a flying/fighting hummingbird Pokemon
    - changling Pokemon that only evolves when a fairy type is in your party
    -a Firefly but instead of bug/fire its bug/dark and like. Eats light
    -possum!!!
    -mothman! He's a moth that's a man
    -pokemon cryptids in general, not just ones based on cryptids but in universe cryptids

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  18. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

More pokemon ideas:
    - Version rivals ladybug and aphid pokemons, but, like, the aphid is adorable and the ladybug is scary
    -a lemur pokemon with them BIG OL EYES. Psychic type of course
    -a pokemon that starts as a flamingo and evolves into a phoenix or a bennu bird kinda dealio
    -it would be a fire/water type

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  19. Lebesgue Integreat

Lebesgue Integreat Lesbian Intrigue

Please can something be grass/fire and something else be fairy/dark?

20. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

I was toying with the idea of starters that were fire/water, grass/fire, and water/grass type
    Obvious idea for a grass/fire would be peppers but...hmm...maybe something more like a forest guardian who uses fire to control undergrowth and stop out of control fires?
    ....Making it a bear is. tempting. but I don't think so. Maybe.......a fox would just be self-indulgent. Hm
    My changeling idea could make for a good fairy/dark. There are other will o' the wisp pokes already, but maybe another kinda....Oh! A cait sidhe pokemon!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice