just creachin the best we can

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by Anomal(eee), Jun 14, 2019.

1. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

what the actual fuck is up with the bmi, that's?? not heavy in the slightest???

2. Anomal(eee)

Anomal(eee) Grumblepunk Gremlin

ikr? Like, I wasn't ripped (TM) when I was in high school, but if I had been I would have been even more overweight because muscle is denser than fat!

tl;dr the BMI scale assumes that afab folks especially all naturally have extremely delicate bone structures that would be unable to support greater mass, and there are definitely people that fit that body type & healthy weight range!

but we're in the Midwest, I am the corn-fed daughter of purebred American mongrels, and we are not a small people, so the BMI scale would probably weigh my skeleton and say I'm overweight for my height

and I'm pretty sure like 20 of those 220 lbs right now are tits, so there's that

p sure a breast reduction doesn't count as a weight loss strategy, but the idea amuses me

• Agree x 1
  3. Anomal(eee)

So the plant that I got for my birthday in an adorable little Bulbasaur planter has finally gotten big enough to graduate to a larger pot, but the dropped lobes that I saved have large enough pups budding off of them to go into the Bulbasaur planter now!

Pics here if u wanna see the babs, bc they're apparently too big to upload and I'm not fucking with file sizes right now

It's the ciiiiiiiircle of liiiiife

• Winner x 1
  4. Anomal(eee)

So I just remembered that I had the WEIRDEST FUCKING DREAM last night

I went to the doctor for some godforsaken reason, and they (via some mysterious scanning machine thingy) determined that the reason I was sick (I had a vague impression in dream that I was trying to follow up on a weird physical or something?) was because of my ring

Specifically, my wedding ring that I'm always wearing, and even more specifically, because the gold in it was apparently gold derived from decayed uranium and was still radioactive

It's been a long time since I took chemistry but I'm p sure that isn't how that works

But still, dream logic! Anyway, we found that out and were immediately horrified bc Kit's ring has even more gold in it than mine does!

And then there were muddled shenanigans and it turned out that the Black Hills gold company that we bought our rings from was knowing putting jewelry up for sale made with their poison, radioactive gold because profit, and tl;dr I think my brain did a mashup of the knowledge that the Black Hills are a site sacred to the local Lakota people (so naturally, we're mining it for precious minerals) and the Aboriginal dindsenchas thingy about a trickster god poisoning the ground and killing anyone who dug there (sure enough, it turned out there was uranium in that site & a bunch of settlers died of radiation poisoning bc they didn't listen to the locals) and decided that that meant our rings are going to kill us

Cozy.

• Like x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  5. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

:/

• Agree x 1
  6. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

I mean, it's bothered me some since I have been better educated about the Black Hills, but I was trying to just be forgiving of our younger selves. If it's eating at your subconscious we can plan (long term) ring replacement, though?

7. Anomal(eee)

Not that I'll say no to us getting more shiny things for each other, but I don't think that was it so much as my subconscious mulling over how far the ripples of fuckery travel through space and time when hospitality isn't observed

I like our rings, and there's the whole no such thing as ethical consumption under capitalism, so i don't want to replace them with another set of rings from another company just because they have a new! different!array of skeletons in their corporate storage facilities, you know?

• Informative x 1
  8. Anomal(eee)

whooooooooooo has poor sleep habits and a finished drone season story?

it meeeeeeeeeeeeeee

and in time to reread and edit, even, holy fuck

• Winner x 1
  9. Anomal(eee)

GodDAMMIT I just realized that I broke my PokéGo streak. I was on day 7! T_T:argh:

• Witnessed x 1
  10. Anomal(eee)

Hahaha so I make it home through horrifying traffic (thunderstorm + highway construction + of course people got into wrecks) and arrive to the heartwarming sight of a gloriously vivid triple rainbow

and then the neighbor lady downstairs and across the way calls up as I'm headed to my door that the power's out in the whole complex

-_-

• Witnessed x 2
  11. Anomal(eee)

There be light!

• Winner x 1
  12. Anomal(eee)

* in case anyone's wondering, the joke is that homeopathic usefulness is no usefulness at all

• Like x 1
  13. Anomal(eee)

Help, my wife:
    Pre-dinner: "I am a lesbean, and need my cheeses girled."
    During dinner: "I appreciate my feminine comestible."

Im lov

• Winner x 3
  14. Anomal(eee)

Me, bustling around the kitchen after arguing my dad to a standstill over shitty old conservative outrage mill stories: gonna makem paaaanpakes, gonna makem good ones <3

It's so nice to not live with that part of my family

Especially considering he's the Better Parent (TM)

I'mma have my cozy domestic slice of life anime morning and you can't stop me, motherfucker

• Winner x 2
  15. Anomal(eee)

In other news, I love my little brother

Screenshot_20190817-084236.png

S I B L I N G S :D

• Winner x 1
  16. Anomal(eee)

In "not news at all", I'm hilarious :D

Screenshot_20190817-084138.png

You're all welcome <3

• Winner x 1
  17. Anomal(eee)

Me, trying to write "person who speaks Irish" in Irish

-squints- is that enough vowels yet? I feel like I'm missing a letter (spoiler: totally was)

Gaeilgeoir, not gaelgóir damit

*Dammit
    Damit is German

i may have too many keyboards active on my phone

• Witnessed x 1
  18. Anomal(eee)

Spoiler, things that did not happen yesterday: that

• Witnessed x 1
  19. Anomal(eee)

Client just told me a poop joke while doing payroll

The more time I spend in Srs Bznis jobs the more convinced I am that no one grows up, they just grow old

• Agree x 2
  20. bushwah

bushwah a known rule consequentialist

The way I think of it is, people grow new layers but they don't shed the old ones. A tree, not a snake: it's all still in there.

• Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice