Leave Me Alone! The thread for when people won't do that.

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by ASPD Anon, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Petra

Petra space case

Fair nuff. I believe Ipuntya respects seebs although I might be wrong in that. John is a wild spirit who goes where he may.

• Like x 6
  2. Beldaran

Beldaran 70% abuse and 30% ramen

This is not a "punish user x" thread, so if you have beef with a person please air that out in the beef forum.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  3. ASPD Anon

ASPD Anon Vagitarian

I think that would be a bad idea, as it would add fuel to the idea that I'm manipulating everyone here.

4. Petra

Petra space case

Uuuuh, I didn't mean it as a punishment suggestion?

^^ Fair enough, Khan.

• Like x 3
  5. Beldaran

Fine. This is not a "user x is problematic and needs a talking to" thread either. That's also a thing for the fite forum.

6. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

temporarily hiding threads from everyone or temp deleting threads is something that has happened in the past, but iirc only once, to hide stuff from abusers.

people can ask that they themself be banned from a subforum, but i think that's only possible at the subforum level, and not individual threads.

• Like x 2
  7. Ipuntya

Ipuntya your purple friend

that doesn't make sense, it was petra's idea

8. Beldaran

Yeah, and doing those hiding/temp deleting things sometimes breaks the forum. It's sadly not super practical.

9. ASPD Anon

ASPD Anon Vagitarian

You thought Ray asking whether there was anything he could do, and me asking that he suggest you disengage for everyone's benefit, was me manipulating him. I'm not super into being seen as some evil manipulator, but I know there's nothing I can do to change your mind. I didn't want to give you more ammunition to stress yourself out with, because that's where I see this going.

I'm not meaning to be condescending. I was briefly upset, but you seemed like you were far more upset, and for a longer period of time. I don't think that's healthy or productive for you, and I don't wish stress on you. I just want to be left alone.

10. Beldaran

@ASPD Anon, I'm really sorry that a thread of you asking for site help/info became about not that.

Would you guys please. Just. Please.

• Like x 7
  11. Ipuntya

yeah, but the way he worded it, it sounded like you put him up to it. petra is actually stating that she is expressing her own beliefs, and i don't think petra would lie.
    this isn't a vent thread, and i'm the subject of conversation. i'm also removing the html that gives aspd anon notifications from my posts since aqua vitae told me that aspd anon was actually requesting that she not be pinged, which strikes me as a more more reasonable boundary than what i initially read aspd anon's initial response as requesting. i don't see what the problem is.

12. Aqua Vitae

Aqua Vitae put some honey and sea water by your bed.

I... I didn't say that?

ETA: My exact words were "request to leave her alone", because that's how Khan put it. I got more information later that expanded my understanding but I didn't share it with you because I felt like the time had passed for that and you should get a chance to cool off.

13. Ipuntya

then what were you saying in the skype chat?

14. Aqua Vitae

Aqua Vitae put some honey and sea water by your bed.

Even if that was the case, you're trampling on that "more reasonable boundary" right now. Sorry, I'm done with the derail.

15. Beldaran

The problem is that this is a goddamn meta thread where we tell aspd anon that the site doesn't work that way and reference codes of behavior set in the past before letting the thread die quietly.

For Christ's sake, take it outside. The fight forum has specific modifications to it that this one doesn't and this is not an appropriate venue.

• Like x 2
  16. Ipuntya

no i'm not, i am specifically removing the html that gives her notifications from me
    i'm not fighting at the moment, i'm genuinely confused

17. ASPD Anon

ASPD Anon Vagitarian

18. Ducks

Ducks 79 Plural Fowl Illuminates The Legendary

@ASPD Anon if you weren't aware, the most effective way to get posts out of your vent thread is to report the posts in question. That's the only recourse apart from ignoring someone afaik.

• Like x 2
  19. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Threads you've created *in general*, no, but a vent thread, if someone's still posting in it after you've asked them not to, that is something I would be inclined to do something about.

• Like x 7
  20. ASPD Anon

ASPD Anon Vagitarian

Thanks. A simple threadkick/ban doesn't seem unreasonable to me. Can you let me know if this gets implemented somewhere down the road?

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice