Lemme Tell You About Ibby

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by seebs, Feb 16, 2017.

1. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

This is a good question, and a hard question. And I don't think it has definite or universal answers.

But if someone loses their shit every time you talk about them, one likely experiment would be to put them on ignore and stop talking about them and see whether that reduces the incidence of shit-losing. And if it does, hey, progress.

2. Birdy

Birdy so long

sorry mushroom I didn't mean to be unhelpful

3. ASPD Anon

ASPD Anon Vagitarian

I did put them on ignore. Alix put me on ignore too.

I didn't put Wild on ignore because I was actively trying to engage with them to draw them away from other uninvolved parties like Michi. It didn't work.

• Like x 7
  4. seebs

bear-baiting is a medieval entertainment where a chained bear is poked and prodded to make it mad because it's chained and can't do anything and really angry animals are hilarious. it's also a pretty good metaphor for how people sometimes treat Cluster B personality disorders.

5. Lissa Lysik'an

Lissa Lysik'an Dragon-loving Faerie

When he's acting that way all you have to do is mention his name or be seen in a thread he is mad at. You are not to blame AT ALL.

• Like x 7
  6. ASPD Anon

ASPD Anon Vagitarian

I don't like talking to Seebs in public because we both type a lot and it's infuriating to get ninja'd twenty times over while I'm trying to gather my thoughts. @seebs, I'll PM you. @Beldaran, I can loop you in on it, since you're good at explaining things in ways I can understand them. XOXO.

Anyone who likes seeing me talk to Seebs in public: Sorry, you're too fast for these old bones.

• Like x 5
  7. michinyo

michinyo On that Dumb Bitch Juice diet

Like Alix's actions towards me were unwarranted, not just this random anon...

• Like x 4
  8. Ana Nimus

Ana Nimus Well-Known Member

That certainly doesn't sound like something that could be exploited to silence people or anything

• Like x 2
  9. seebs

I guess I should point out: For the most part, in this, I have basically no significant complaints about any of your behavior that I'm aware of, and I think you've actually done a lot to help.

• Like x 3
  10. Ana Nimus

Go make a TCHGB thread for the people you do have complaints with instead of this vague nonsense then

• Like x 7
  11. michinyo

Being a moderator, in my personal experience, is more than just having powers to do things.
    Being a mod means you're also wanted to look out for the wellbeing of your members. I know in past I've been the one that was the one that did damage control to help those that were hurt, because that's a huge thing to need to do when people have a big fight in something you run or help run.

Also, I know you said you aren't one for sides, but with all you've shown, it makes me feel like you're already taking a side.

• Like x 11
  12. versi2

versi2 ???????

I think it's "person in position of authority reassures the community" as a moderator action.

• Like x 7
  13. seebs

Huh.

I think the problem is, I can't think of a reassuring thing to say that is remotely true. Except that, at this point, I'm about 99.5% sure that there is no actual threat, it was just fuckery and trolling.

14. michinyo

Also thanks seebs
    I've been doing well to hold myself together but you're the first one to make me fully cry.
    If this is guilting, I don't care.
    I just feel really let down.

• Like x 1
  15. ASPD Anon

ASPD Anon Vagitarian

Seebs, hey, look at me. I've said helpful things before. I'm about to do it again. :-)

The thing that was said, that was not an actual threat, was still intensely upsetting to Michi. Being told to suck dick, though I made some funny jokes about it, was still upsetting to me. A user saying Alix should be institutionalized, though it wouldn't magically transport Alix to an institution, was still likely upsetting to Alix. Catch my drift?

Can I PM you?

• Like x 5
  16. michinyo

Yeah, that's fine

17. seebs

Yeah, PM away, although I'm gonna go sleep. After double-checking the locks and the stove.

I'm not disputing that the stuff in question was upsetting, and way out of line, and so on. So the only reassurance per se I can offer is "at this point I think it's clear that the threat will not actually materialize". Doesn't make it less upsetting to get it, and I'm sorta pissed about the whole thing.

Like, anyone else thinking "maybe if I just do the same thing back it'll be an object lesson", stop, no, that does not work, that just makes everything so much worse.

• Like x 1
  18. michinyo

Honestly, just saying 'I'm sorry this happened to you, I'm sure everyone here in the forum is here to support you if you need it' is much more effective than saying nothing.

• Like x 9
  19. Ana Nimus

At this point we could write you form responses and it'd be better than nothing

• Like x 7
  20. michinyo

I also appreciate (please note this is sarcasm) the fact that it's ignored that after the last three of days of dealing with threats and other unpleasantries in this situation, that I'm finally broken down by someone lumping me in with provokers and that they apparently do not care.
    Thanks for making me feel like I'm not wanted here seebs

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice