Lemme Tell You About Ibby

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by seebs, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

Fair enough. But I already have a therapist and I don't want you, at this present moment, trying to act as another one, please? You've hurt me and I don't want you in my vicinity trying to help me right now, if that's what you're trying to offer right now. If it's not, my bad, just clarifying in case, cause idk how your brain works.

I'll concede that what I said was objectively harmful. I cannot say at present whether or not I really mean it and just shouldn't have said it aloud, or if it was purely a trauma response. I don't know that answer myself.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm in mandatory therapy and I am working on it.

Thank you for the apology. I'm out now.

• Like x 3
  2. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

I don't think it's entirely obvious that it's necessary.

I was just being picky about the term "sniping", because "coming to someone's thread to attack them" can't be sniping, it's not attacking from a position of safety.

I think that's a good default protocol, I'm not willing to make a mandate that people have to do that or Be Wrong.

3. ASPD Anon

ASPD Anon Vagitarian

Did you spring from the earth fully-formed? Have you forgotten what it's like to be a teenager? :-P

• Like x 7
  4. leo

leo Well-Known Member

so you're really pissed that i told you to run your forum and that's the reason for this?

you really, really aren't doing yourself any favors.

if people are complaining about you to me, i find it very confusing that i haven't heard a peep about it. shouldn't i be told, so i could possibly take the Lying Posts down and make an apology? and also, perhaps you should backread, for context, to see my attempts and then me get frustrated.

• Like x 1
  5. seebs

I'm not trying to offer "therapy" help, I'm saying that in my capacity as admin, I want to protect other users from your trauma responses for the same reasons I want to protect you from theirs. Not that I have much for tools for that.

Anyway, again, sorry for jumping on you.

6. ASPD Anon

ASPD Anon Vagitarian

Okay. I was using "sniping" as the gerund form of "snippy." Whoops.

It's an optional action plan. If I make a meta thread about suggested optional action plans, will you pin it?

INB4 Khan as conflict resolution officer.

• Like x 4
  7. seebs

Oh, I'm not saying he's morally-bad for being a teenager. I'm just saying I'm not likely to get any value from listening to a teenager lecture me on how to run a forum.

8. seebs

No, I won't, but that's because it's already on my todo list to rework and shuffle stuff from the forum guidelines and protocol stuff.

9. leo

leo Well-Known Member

a lecture, because "do your job" is clearly an essay you're meant to read.

• Like x 3
  10. leo

leo Well-Known Member

Also allowed to point out the flaws by the guy who's saying I've been nothing but mean and rude to everyone and possibly a liar.

• Like x 5
  11. seebs

yeah, good point

i'm out for a few hours to work and stuff

• Like x 1
  12. ASPD Anon

ASPD Anon Vagitarian

Took down the post where I quoted myself because it felt mean. I'm out for a little while, need food and then I have work.

• Like x 3
  13. thegrimsqueaker

thegrimsqueaker 28 Moribunding Mouse Aggravates the Angry Assholes

seebs, I have not said a word against Alix in all of this bs beyond saying "gdi Alix" and "they need to take a break/get help." I've actually worked v hard to not say anything against Alix beyond that, bc I consider them a friend. so pls stop attributing things other ppl have done to me. I've worked v hard to try and calm ppl down about Alix, and I've also worked v hard to stay out of taking any sides in this beyond saying that Alix needs to take a break and that everyone has behaved badly at various points in the last few weeks. I get that you have no way of knowing this bc it's mostly in the skype chats, but I would like to point out that you can go through my post history and see that I've kept tf out of the Alix stuff, and that most of my involvement in drama has been trying to understand the guidelines mods work by and get them written out somewhere.

@leo is a subaccount for dealing w drama and abuse stuff. so yeah, the only time you've probably seen that account is when drama is involved, or in his vent thread, bc he doesn't use his main account for his vent thread. you're making assumptions about this person based on their drama subaccount as if that were their whole involvement in this forum. that isn't just uncharitable, it's unhelpful

also, leo was only one of at least a dozen ppl across various threads telling you to do your job. but fine, whatever

third, the fact that the person you're singling out as the prime example of everything that ppl do to provoke Alix and then ignoring is a kid who cannot fight back in any meaningful way. that's a p sleazy way to make an argument for someone who isn't a lawyer

• Like x 14
  14. thegrimsqueaker

(the language nerd in me loves you rn)

• Like x 5
  15. seebs

That's a fair point. This is, I think, a fundamental problem with the "drama subaccount" concept, but that's not a moral failing on his part.

Lots of people were saying they thought stuff should be done. It was the specific "do your job" wording that convinced me that I was done with this.

Okay, I think we have a problem here, which is that I've now been told that two different people are "the prime example". And I don't think I was singling either of them out as "prime example".

I also think that this is unfair to lawyers.

But I think you're right, I've been being unfair to Leo. I was extrapolating based on observed behavior, without knowing this was a drama sub. So a while back I figured out how to change a template so that I wouldn't automatically be told when an account is a subaccount. And I did that. And now I generally don't know whether an account is a subaccount or not. And now I'm having problems because people expect me to know who an account is or isn't... Ugh.

Sorry, Leo. It hadn't ocurred to me to think of "drama subaccount", so I just assumed you were All Fite All Time.

• Like x 6
  16. seebs

"snipping" is the gerund for "snip". "sniping" is the gerund for "snipe". and English is a robust and functional language.

• Like x 6
  17. Beldaran

Beldaran 70% abuse and 30% ramen

I thought I was allowed to use turns of phrase but I guess it's no fun allowed ever. I'm pretty sure that referring to the harm done during a blowup as burns and shock convey the seriousness. I don't appreciate this "no joking tone at all, you must be 100% serious at all times" policing. If you want someone who doesn't bring levity to situations through humor you'll need a different person.
    That was done by me, thanks for recognizing all the hard work I did.
    My initial response, done moments after the thing started, helped quite a few people. If you're talking about stuff from before I was even a mod, major changes have been made to help the response be better, like getting new mods. Sorry if you're not seeing a difference yet, but you could try suggesting things that I didn't just spend my entire day yesterday already doing.

Edited for weird quote formatting happening.

MANY EDITS LATER ...why, why is the weird quote formatting happening. I'm literally about to cry, why is it happen.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    • Like x 1
  18. ASPD Anon

ASPD Anon Vagitarian

Если вы меня будете пилить, я вполне могу выяснять отношения по-русский. :-)

• Like x 2
  19. thegrimsqueaker

before I respond to anything else I'mma point out that I was raised by lawyers. I can tell you from 25 years experience that it may not be nice, but it's damn accurate, which is a bit more important than "fair" when it comes to dealing w the legal profession

• Like x 8
  20. Mercury

Mercury 17 Quicksilver Scribe Tramples The Unrepentant

My apologies for being a literal-minded autistic who doesn't always understand jokes. :P Even knowing that it's humor, I don't understand how that was supposed to be humor that wasn't at the expense of people who are upset.

If I had seen where you'd done that, I would have mentioned it. I have been keeping up with the situation but I've clearly missed some stuff when I backread the barrage of things that happened while I was asleep.

That you did so - fantastic! Great minds think alike and all that.

No, I'm not blaming you for stuff you weren't a mod for, that'd be dumb.

I figure you're under a lot of stress from this situation, which is understandable, but even so this is more uncharitable than I think is warranted. I didn't see where you did the things I suggested. If I had I would have acknowledged it and said, "More of this kind of thing, Seebs pls take note." What kind of asshole do you think I am?

• Like x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice