[Let's Play Stardew Valley] The Tale of JojaBot-XYZ

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by Meagen Image, Jun 13, 2016.

?

Which animal should Xyzzy prefer?

Poll closed Jun 18, 2016.
  1. Felis Catus

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. Canis Lupus Familiaris

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. Meagen Image

Meagen Image Well-Known Member

I'm going to try out a SA-style Let's Play thread with screenshots of the game, written embellishments on the game's text, and occasional reader participation. I'll be playing Stardew Valley, which people might know from the Stardew Valley thread, but short version it's a Harvest Moon-alike for the PC.

[​IMG]

JojaCorp scientists have completed a field-ready prototype of the JojaBot, an autonomous resource collector and profit maximizer. Pelican Town has been chosen as the field test site, as it is already home to a JojaMart and we have recently obtained the deed to a large plot of land nearby. The JojaBot unit XYZ, codenamed "Xyzzy", will arrive on site in the guise of a new farmer. We have secured the local authorities' support in identifyng "Xyzzy" as the grandson of the previous owner of the property.

We are certain the unit will blend in seamlessly with the populace, and will be able to secure massive amounts of resources and ensure Joja dominion over the region.

I will be undertaking the following challenges:

* Take the "evil path" and buy the JojaCorp membership, instead of completing bundles of offerings for the forest spirits in the Community Center. This means I have to gather large sums of money to get the various unlocks, I don't get all the intermediate bundle rewards, and I don't get the Stardew Valley Hero Trophy. Oh, and I support a soulless corporation into taking over a charming little farm town, I guess.
    * Shop at JojaMart instead of Pierre's shop. This means I can't get money from my harvest on the same day by selling to Pierre, but have to put it in the selling bin and wait overnight. I can't get vinegar for cooking, all the fruit trees and Y2 seeds are unavailable, and I have to pay higher prices until I unlock the membership.
    * I will be buying the backpack upgrades from Pierre because I am not a masochist.
    * I may or may not buy the romance bouquet, will probably put it to a vote if it becomes relevant.
    * I will only socialize with "useful" people, which means Mayor Lewis, anyone who runs a business, and loyal Joja customers.

I will be taking reader suggestions from posts in the thread, and occasionally putting up polls to determine certain choices. With that in mind, I present to you our first...

Audience participation section!

1) Should we give our bot a fondness for dogs, or cats?

2) What should we name the secretly Joja-owned plot of land?

3) Any other ideas for self-imposed challenges that fit the theme?

Polls close on Friday, and I will update the thread at that point!

• Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice