Lifestream Boogaloo, a FF7 thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by TheMockingCrows, Mar 5, 2018.

?

Who's your fave?

1. Cloud Strife

58.3%
  2. Tifa Lockhart

16.7%
  3. Aerith Gainsborough

41.7%
  4. Barret Wallace

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Yuffie Kisaragi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Vincent Valentine

33.3%
  7. Red XIII

33.3%
  8. Cait Sith

16.7%
  9. Cid Highwind

25.0%
  10. Other (Please explain in thread, there's so many good characters beyond the playable ones)

16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

Do you love FF7 still or at least still fondly hold the world and story in your heart? You hopeful for a remake that's epic? Do you love the offshoot games and media at all? Do you ship anything in it? Do those little blobby chibis still manage to make you wibble between hours of leveling up and collecting items and chocobo breeding? DO YOU STILL MAKE A LITTLE "NO" FACE DURING THE PART? Have you spotted familiar faces in Kingdom Hearts and snickered a bit too much?

Or have you never played or watched but absorbed enough about the characters through references in popular media to be curious?

Well this is a thread for you then! Welcome!

Requests: If liveblogging a play through, please place it under a spoiler for space saving. If sharing fanart or cosplays or other things, please source them. This game is old enough everyone knows most of the spoilers now thanks to popular media, so please know going in that there will probably be some flavor of spoilers lurking around if you haven't played!

Wanna play? Steam has this game for you right here! It also occasionally goes on sale -[X]

• Like x 2
  2. TheMockingCrows

This thing got around so far when I was younger lmfao. (X)
    [​IMG]

• Winner x 1
  3. TheMockingCrows

Also my Other is an unabashed enjoyment of Sephiroth, "Zack Deserved Better" and my adoration of the Turks being doofuses.

I've not played the offshoot games, sadly, though I've badly wanted to. But I have seen/own and enjoy Advent Children and giggle at people appearing in Kingdom Hearts :3c
    I've also seen and read an ungodly amount of doujin in my time, fucking bless that artists still draw such cute stuff and such lovely smut.
    Being able to still find fresh fan content in a fandom so old is just.. fantastic tbh. FF9 is always my bby because it was my first FF game, but FF7 is def something special for me too, especially the humor in it and the broad world they made.

• Agree x 1
  4. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

FF7 was the first game I ever played to completion, mainly because when I was a kiddo I was not allowed a console. I had to get a proper computer instead and learn how to code (and just look how well that worked out, BASIC programmers in such demand /s.) So I think I was 20-ish when I obtained my first console and my own home and fell deep into the JRPG rabbit-hole.

I sank so many hours into breeding golden chocobos. So many.

• Like x 1
  5. TheMockingCrows

oh man i still havent beaten it lmfao. i was underleveled right there at the big final trudge and was trapped. another time my data got corrupted. now that ive got it on computer i dont have to worry about disc scratch or anything :'D im hopeful this time tho. i wanna beat all the weapons too, the overpowered fucks.

AND GOLDEN CHOCOBOS, GOD... ... oh, christ, theres no restart trick for computer is there. ffffffffffffuck this gonna take even longer, oh my god.

• Like x 1
  6. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

I used grinding as stress relief (Adamantoises were my favourite for a while) so my levels were okay. Beat a couple of Weapons, but I was missing some equipment or other (ribbons?) in the crater and the Tonberries kept fucking me over.

7. TheMockingCrows

[​IMG]
    terror incarnate but SO CUTE..

• Like x 2
  8. TheMockingCrows

my favorite thing was to go through the fights at the golden saucer... as a frog. 8) a full power one hit kill assassin frog bc specifically. it was so fucking fun.

• Winner x 2
  9. Hawkeguy

Hawkeguy struggling to complete this thought

FF7! i adore this game, there's something inexplainably home-y about it. played it back in thailand, and the town where i lived was almost just as trashed and run down as midgar or the area under the golden saucer, so it's a double whammy of nostalgia!
    the materia system was so much fun 8D

• Agree x 2
  10. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I am sorry I am so predictable but I love Cait Sith. Cat riding on a giant moogle-thing, how could I not love that aesthetic. i̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶d̶e̶v̶a̶s̶t̶a̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶r̶a̶y̶e̶d̶

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  11. TheMockingCrows

yessss.
    god. my first playthroughs i was so baffled about cait sith and i was terrible at understanding how to get the special items, but then i learned how to look up a walkthrough and hunt down what i needed info-wise. and then he suddenly went from "why are you in my party you only die" to "HOLY JESUS LOOK AT THAT WHAMMY". Cait Sith and Reeve are interesting 8D

goes up there with tifa when you roll all her slots Just Right. :swoon: im biased a lil with tifa, i also share a birthday with her lmfao

• Like x 1
  12. TheMockingCrows

oh man, agreed. and that's rlly interesting on the double nostalgia hit :O

ALSO HARD AGREE, THE MATERIA SYSTEM, AHH.

any of ya'll love the gag weapons too? x3c

13. Hawkeguy

MOP BEST WEAPON 4EVURZ.

• Winner x 1
  14. TheMockingCrows

BLESS THE COSPLAYERS WHO HAVE HIM WITH A MOP

• Agree x 2
  15. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

i tried for a while to beat Emerald Weapon, but I didn't have the patience to grind out a second Final Strike and Phoenix to have a backup, and he always, always, always double MP Bustered the character who had them immediately before doing his party smash without giving me enough time to use an ether.

• Witnessed x 1
  16. TheMockingCrows

anyone have a minigame that you just. can barely do to save your fucking life aside from once in a blue moon?

joining in the parade. ive never managed to nail it just right :C it is an act of suffering for me.

• Witnessed x 1
  17. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

It's been so long since I played the game that I wouldn't swear to my memory of events. I remember running around at the beginning with Cloud and knowing that he was very popular with people who wouldn't lose their shit for just any old jerk. Because I remember him being a jerk at the very beginning.

Then things got weird.... Uh, is Cloud okay? Um! Did Cloud just fucking collapse? I don't remember for sure but I think he did because his amount of Not Okay left a huge impression on me.

That's when I decided I loved the game and I loved Cloud specifically. Because he wasn't okay. His head wasn't together right. And you know what, me too, guy.

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  18. TheMockingCrows

oh god huge fucking mood.
    bby's first ever attempt at a fanfic was brought about bc of his level of not ok. there are so many times he's not ok and the roots of why he's not ok are so deep but super parallel to a lot of real life things that it makes my heart squeeze ;c;

• Witnessed x 1
  19. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Dug up Tez's post from the Media Analysis thread about the first Nibelheim flashback because

goddamn

even with the frequently shitty translation the storytelling in this game was so good.

It had such an impact on baby Laz. I was like, 7 or 8 when we got it? Maybe younger? Wait, just looked it up, I was 5 when it came out no wonder it was a keystone for me growing up.

I really loved Aerith and Vincent ("kicked around by life and doomed but seems happy and sweet" and "this is all my fault, I fucked up, I have to fix Everything sadboy" hmm wonder why my traumatized kidbrain latched onto those two) but I definitely identify with Cloud even if he is a huge jerk at times.

I identify with him even more now that I've got identity issues. He's still a huge jerk though.

• Agree x 2
  20. Hawkeguy

i liked the part where cloud and tifa traipsed around in his memories trying to piece things together, digging in your brain with some outside review has since become a frequent Good Tactic (tm) for realsies-checking. video games! they ARE educational!!

• Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice