Liking things

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by unknownanonymous, Jun 29, 2015.

1. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

so lately, @seebs, when i try to "like" things, it takes me to a thing that says, "are you sure you want to like this?"
    is that a new feature you added, or is it 'cause i'm at a different ip address right now (the cottage)?
    'cause yeah, it is really bugging me. especially 'cause cottage internet is slower than home internet.

2. unknownanonymous

the "are you sure you want to like this?" thing seems to be gone. i still have no idea how the heck it got there in the first place, but i'm glad it's gone now.

also, sorry for the accidental double post! i got impatient and clicked too many times.

3. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

That seems really odd, I am not aware of any feature like that.

4. unknownanonymous

well, it apparently exists and i encountered it about three times before it just... mysteriously vanished. and like, it disappeared a long while ago, hours ago, i think. i just took a long time to mention that, haha. so yeah, maybe you missed that thing somewhere in, like, i dunno, the code or the xenoforums operating manual.

and damn, i should've screenshotted it, shouldn't i have? *sigh*

edit: changed a little word

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  5. Key

Key never make a triangle

I have seen that message exactly once, on another XenForo site I go to sometimes. I was liking a message in a PM so I assumed that was it.

6. unknownanonymous

well, it wasn't a pm for me.

7. rorleuaisen

rorleuaisen Frozen Dreamer

I've encountered it before. It's not very consistant, but it happens sometimes when I'm on my phone and the connection is being a bit difficult.

8. Key

Key never make a triangle

Just had it happen again on that other XenForo site and I realized it's probably because I hadn't told NoScript to allow the site... once I fixed that I stopped having to confirm likes. Were you using NoScript at the time, @unknownanonymous?

9. unknownanonymous

nope
    i was on my ipad and i haven't even downloaded noscript anywhere anyway.

10. a tiny mushroom

a tiny mushroom the tiniest

That sometimes happens to me if the page hasn't finished loading yet when I go to like the post, but it is not very common for me.

• Like x 1
  11. unknownanonymous

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice