Living Bacon Monsters: Terraria

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Technicality, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

My most played game on Steam as of now. I've heard a lot of people call it 2d Minecraft, but it's a lot more than that. It does have a building component to it, but it's a bit more like an RPG or adventure game than anything.
    If people are interested, I could very easily set up a Terraria server. Great game, it's 50% off in the Summer Sale, making it just $5 and very worth it.
    If I did make a server I might not be able to run it 24/7 but it would be up pretty constantly. My computer can handle it but if my Internet starts visibly slowing down I might have to turn it off until people aren't using so much of it. But anyways! Terraria! Huge timesink and awesomely fun. If you own it and want to play with other people from Kintsugi, let me know so I can gauge interest in a server!

• Like x 1
  2. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I'd be into that except I have very little time at the moment. Sad. I've played so much Terraria, it's really fun! Definitely recommended for people who like building and crafting but also for those who like exploration and monster-fighting.

3. Meagen Image

Meagen Image Well-Known Member

I like building castles!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am not super good at the combat, but since I can build arenas and assemble buffs and have the fights be on my terms, I can get pretty far. I have defeated the Golem in my 1.2 world, and I started a new Expert Mode world and I am making some progress even if I die a lot.

• Like x 3
  4. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

I just like mining and collecting rocks. My girlfriend was the one who built our homes and towns. I meanwhile just spent my life collecting shit and occasionally forgetting about her and leaving her to die at the hands of shit in hell.

5. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

I have 390 hours on record for Terraria, so it's safe to say I love this game. <3 I really like the building and exploring aspects - my main's current base is a World Tree. Combat is not always very fun for me, unless I team up with my husband. We're currently preparing for lategame; our next thing to tackle is the cultists, and after that the pillars and then the big guy himself.

6. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

There was a bit of chat about a kintsugi terraria server over in the summer fun camp if enough people were interested. I'd set one up myself, but I don't feel like messing with my old computer anymore, and I probably couldn't keep it on 24/7 anyways. @emythos, you were interested, right?

• Like x 1
  7. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

yep, definitely interested

• Like x 1
  8. Technicality

@emythos try connecting to 73.47.236.83:7777.

9. emythos

will do, one sec.

10. emythos

what do when it says enter server port

11. Technicality

12. emythos

I wouldn't let me hit accept

13. Technicality

@emythos Hmm. Try typing in the IP again but without the :7777 at the end. So just 73.47.236.83 and then enter the port when it asks

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
    • Like x 1
  14. emythos

15. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

is the server up?

16. emythos

yep!

17. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

hm, Its getting stuck on connecting.

18. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

was I banned from the server or something?

19. emythos

wait, do people need to be on at the same time for the server to work?
    cause I don't know how to terraria server, I just know I managed to get on once

20. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

shouldn't be, it might need to be restarted. A dedicated server, which is what this seems to be, shouldn't need someone to be on all the time.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice