Logo vs color scheme

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by seebs, Jun 15, 2015.

1. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

I got an ask pointing out that the shiny new logo does not match the color scheme very well. Should I change the logo or the color scheme?

2. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

How about change the logos colourscheme? Personally, I love the design, hate the colours. I´d prefer something tha goes with the blue of the forum.

However, it also came up in the chat that some people don´t like the colourscheme very much, and I know on some forums one can choose from different forum themes. Maybe see if that´s possible here?

3. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

I love the logo and it's colors but I'm not sure if there's a good color scheme to go with it that would still be easy on the eyes

4. seebs

I think there are indeed ways to provide multiple color schemes, I don't entirely know how.

5. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

Ooh if you could figure that out, it'd be great since we have so many people with different sensory things.

• Like x 1
  6. sicknastyspades

sicknastyspades Most Rad.

I'm so glad that someone else mentioned the logo not matching the colour scheme. I was wondering whether it would be a dick move to mention it and whether I cared about dickery enough to not mention it, but someone else did so now I am pleased.

I like the forum colour scheme as it is and would prefer a change to the logo, but I think that's mostly just because I'm used to the colour scheme and change is the enemy. I like the design of the logo a lot and I know I hated the blurple at first.
    If we do get other colour schemes as an option, can I put in a request now for a very desaturated one? Grey-toned brown/green/blue, something like that. Brights and pastels are nice in small amounts but in forum-sized doses they are Not My Friends.

• Like x 3
  7. Fish butt

Fish butt Everything is coming together, slowly but surely.

Butting in to agree. I do not much like how the logo's colours interact with the colours of the forum: forum colours is warm blue/lavenderish, logo is comprised mainly out of dark, cold colours that do not offer enough contrast with the forum's dark background (dark on dark), and because they are mainly cold colours - they are 'off'. I am personally tempted to change the logo's colours: to either lighten them up, and play around with more warm colours - like say ochre yellow (which is more orange-ish) instead of the lemon yellow of the letters on a much lighter porcelain-bluish background (ultramarine mixed with a lot of white) to make it look more like a broken tile - or to add a white background element in the css behind the logo (which might look a little hokey, but could work if said element spanned the entire width of the page), but if people are okay with changing forum colours, that could work very well too. I don't mind which part changes either way - as long as the colour interaction between background/logo do the logo justice, which at this moment I believe they don't.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  8. liminal

liminal I'm gonna make it through this year if it kills me

It took me awhile to get used to the logo but I like it.

If the forum is changing color scheme than I would appreciate it if there was an option to pick between color schemes because I really like the one we have right now and can deal with the logo and color scheme not being matchy matchy

• Like x 3
  9. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

Personally, I really like the current colour palette of light blues and purply-blues. I also love the style of the logo. I think my preferred route would be to bring the logo's colours more in line with the current colour scheme - less green/brown, more blue/black/purple?

• Like x 3
  10. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

Will be voice of dissenting opinon, I dislike the forums colors, but love the logo's. The logo is gorgeous and would be sad to see it changed.

• Like x 2
  11. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

The logo is really beautiful. I want neither the logo nor the forum colors to change, and for them to magically not clash.

Problem solving: nailed it!

• Like x 7
  12. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I like both the logo and the colour scheme, and I don't really think they clash. However, I hate the small icon thing that is in the firefox tab bar now, if you know what I mean. If that could be changed to match the forums colour scheme it would be perfect for me :)

13. seebs

There is now an alternative color scheme available, although it's sorta Problematic and I am not good at color schemes. But it's brown-and-green mostly and looks more aligned with the logo to me, I think.

14. hoarmurath

hoarmurath Thor's Hammer

Multiple color schemes would be best if possible (and apparently they are?). I do like the current scheme and don't want it to change, but I don't want others to have to deal with a scheme they don't like either.

I did prefer the old logo because it was simple, but I predict I will get used to whatever you decide to put up there, eventually.

• Like x 1
  15. seebs

I might be able to change the logo per theme, too. This software is full of mysteries.

16. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

Oh man I like the alternative colors

17. Fish butt

Fish butt Everything is coming together, slowly but surely.

I like the alternative colour scheme a LOT now. It fits so much better with the logo now, and does it so much more justice. I can now actually appreciate the logo for what it is. (And I think in this different colour scheme it is actually lovely - I can now see the different and subtle colour changes in it better)

18. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

Petition for Kintsugi in SPAAAAACE theme.

• Like x 4
  19. Vast Derp

Vast Derp Professional Griefer

as the artit i have no problem with the logo colors changing, but i do not have a sense of color clashing that is sufficient for design purposes, so take that under advisement!

also dobby wants paying more for a revision >:) about... $3.50

• Like x 1
  20. Vast Derp

Vast Derp Professional Griefer

that's called a favicon. i sent seebs an alt version that is forum-blue, but it doesn't quite pop as much. i'd be ok changing it as needed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice