Logo vs color scheme

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by seebs, Jun 15, 2015.

1. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

HOLY SHIT IT'S PINK NOW

• Like x 3
  2. Lazarae

Lazarae You won't be the death of me

Down at the bottom before the forum software and copyright stuff? Far left. Should say "original blurple" if you're on that scheme. Click it and it'll pop up a bunch of options. Alternatively from your preferences where you can set time zone? Above that should be 'style' with a drop-down menu full of options.

HAHA NINJA'D

• Like x 1
  3. rorleuaisen

rorleuaisen Frozen Dreamer

Better?

Edit: not sold on this precise color, debating on whether to go lighter or more muted/brown. Opinions welcome.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    • Like x 1
  4. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

I did not know about these new colour schemes. But I like them! The pink is great, and I think I'm gonna switch to using it for a while.

• Like x 2
  5. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

seebs did make Miracle Modus...
    (Thank the gods for the pastel palette.)

• Like x 4
  6. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Also, after a few days of using other color schemes, I checked the original one, and I can finally confirm: It's blue.

• Like x 3
  7. Deresto

Deresto Just a critter

Da ba dee da ba die

• Like x 5
  8. rorleuaisen

xD I will see what ai can do about an obnoxious rainbow theme, but it is gonna be so hard for it to not hella clash with the logo(my poor eyes).

• Like x 2
  9. Bunny

Bunny aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Really digging the teals n green over the blurple, it's currently the most comfortable for me.

Though would it be possible to get a dark theme that's more monocromatic like the tumblr screenshot carnivore posted. The yellow of current dark background is very eyescreamy for me

• Like x 6
  10. devian

devian Well-Known Member

Seconding this. Dark color themes are less eyehurty for me in general, but the current one has so much color contrast happening that I actually can't look at it for more than thirty seconds without starting to develop a headache.

• Like x 5
  11. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

just tried the dark theme, why is it yellow?

12. rorleuaisen

Huh. The text wasn't tellow before. Hold on imma go fix it

13. rorleuaisen

14. rorleuaisen

Okay so something broke the text to make it yellow?? Anywas fixed, but I cannot remember what the text color was before. I have it on the a more muted color but I can also do a brighter teal if peeps want that?
    Brighter sample:
    IMG_2132.PNG
    Muted sample(current):
    IMG_2134.PNG

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    • Like x 2
  15. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

16. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

can you make the bright lines match the muted text color?

17. devian

devian Well-Known Member

The muted one is better, I think.

In my case at least, the contrast problem stemmed not just from the yellow text, but also from the highlight areas like the teal boxes around the member names. I tried the theme out even before the yellow text problem happened and had the same issue. (Though the yellow text certainly made it significantly worse, so thank you for fixing that!)

If the goal is an anti-headache dark theme, my experience has generally been that they work best when they're fairly monochromatic -- dark grey background with lighter grey text, and fairly minimal use of other colors. The example Carnivore posted earlier here is a good example of what I mean.

I am not sure if the current dark theme was actually intended to be anti-headache or just because people like the darker aesthetic, but I personally would certainly appreciate having some kind of anti-headache option available, if possible?

• Like x 3
  18. paintcat

paintcat Let the voice of love take you higher

Oh hey, quiet version of the dark theme is nice. Easy on the eyes, and I still find it quite legible. Thanks, @rorleuaisen !
    I will point out though, the copyright information at the very bottom of the page is still bright yellow in the dark theme.

• Like x 2
  19. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

I'M....SO HAPPY................ALL THESE THEMES ARE SO GOOD @rorleuaisen u r doing the work of angels

• Like x 6
  20. rorleuaisen

I can make an alt mono dark theme. Made the original cuz peeps liked dark themes. It shouldn't be too hard to whip up a mono dark based off the dark one. I shall see about setting it up!

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice