Logo vs color scheme

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by seebs, Jun 15, 2015.

1. rorleuaisen

rorleuaisen Frozen Dreamer

Okay updated dark. Tell me if the brights need to be turned down a bit more, but in the mean time imma start mono dark

2. rorleuaisen

Shit accidently broke original pink. But also monochrome is up for use xD

Edit: Thankfully not a permanent break xD og pink should be good!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    • Like x 3
  3. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Thank you for all your work! Super appreciated.

4. Aqua Vitae

Aqua Vitae put some honey and sea water by your bed.

The Pink!!! theme makes me want to be chewing bubblegum right now this second.

• Like x 5
  5. Acey

Acey i am a ring that turns your finger green

Oh man, I LOVE the pink!

If you ever get the chance/have the desire too, a more concretely purble one would be My Dream, but I also really like the pink and I think I'll keep it at least for now. :D

• Like x 3
  6. devian

devian Well-Known Member

ooh monochrome, thanks!!

My main thought so far is that some of the gradient colors are a little bright and it's slightly jarring:

forum2.PNG forum3.PNG

it is very nice overall, though! *A*

• Like x 3
  7. Bunny

Bunny aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Aaaaaa nice. Notes on the gratients being harsh seconded but it is very pleasing to me overall. I tip my hat to you

• Like x 2
  8. Mendacity

Mendacity I’m meaner than my demons

links in the monochrome are a bit too dark imo. The select box for 'post as user' is eye searing / hard to read. On the pages of threads the button for the page your on the link is way too dark (plays into the links problem I think). Lift it up a few shades and it should be fine, the issue is that the text is small enough that it makes it near invisible.

the post as user dropdown just... anything but this:

ow.png

Just wanted to give my input. I'm excited for a good monochrom theme since it's good for night time stuff. As a note: Avoid as much blue as you can on any theme you think a person might use at night time if only because blue actively fucks up your sleep / is hard on your eyes during the night. Light on light (light grey that is on bright blue) makes it even worse.

I'm aware that people like monochrome themes just for monochrome themes but :C I use them on my phone a lot / when it goes to night time because of trying to keep my eyes from falling out me skull (and to keep my brain from staying awake).

I'd offer to help other than stuff like this but I honestly have no idea how to go about coding themes for this (I could probably figure it out but I also don't want to step on toes). Now, idk if the issues I brought up with the color balancing are issues for most people but I'm slightly colorblind so I have shade issues with things + sensitivities of certain color uses. Blue's not one of them, I just don't like bright blue on dark b/c of mentioned sleep thing / eye thing. It can look good but not that. It's so sudden like "HELLO BLUE LIVES HERE NOW" and I'm scared.

dlsfjksd;fsd I hope I'm not coming off as demanding or mean

• Like x 2
  9. rorleuaisen

@Mendacity no problem ^_^ part of the reason I have peeps post pics of problems and stuff is because I am not actually an active forum user so sometimes when I think everything is the correct color, there ends up being a thing I totally missed(like that blue. That is not supposed to be blue!). Also, this is not so much programming as much as I finally got the admin to give me suitable permissions to mess with alt color themes :p

Anyways, gonna go attempt to fix things.

• Like x 5
  10. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

ever since I switched to the minty color scheme my quality of life has increased, my reflexes are quicker, I was cured of a painful rash, I found Jesus again and have seduced and pleased many partners of all genders! Alright, none of these things are actually true but still, thanks for the minty theme!

• Like x 16
  11. rorleuaisen

12. Mendacity

Oh MUCH better thank you so much

• Like x 1
  13. Mendacity

On phone so screenshot will be large and under cut but I noticed something with the monochrome theme. I'm not sure how you would fix it but this is how the new thread button looks on my end

IMG_0276.PNG

14. rorleuaisen

Hrmm. I do not have the thing on mine(also on mobile), but I changed a thing that may be right. So check it again @Mendacity ?

15. Mendacity

That fixed it! Thanks!

• Like x 1
  16. Salted Earth

Salted Earth DISOWNING DOESN'T STACK, ASSHOLE

Monochrome theme is VERY GOOD, I'm terrible at change so I don't know if I'll use it permanently but I really appreciate a dark grey theme existing because it's so much easier on my eyes.

• Like x 3
  17. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

It really makes icons and artwork standout.

The banner looks sweet with the black too

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    • Like x 1
  18. anon person

anon person actually a cat

@rorleuaisen i am using the teals and green theme right now and it is so! pretty! thank you.

• Like x 2
  19. VJ Wocky

VJ Wocky 34 Somnolent Void Seeks Perfection in Dissonance

whoa just tried the teals and green one too
    VERY nice

any chance of a minty green on blurple one? ;]
    (obligatory acknowledgment of selfish request)

• Like x 4
  20. VJ Wocky

VJ Wocky 34 Somnolent Void Seeks Perfection in Dissonance

also noticed a slight issue with the dark background and dark monochrome ones (same issue in both):
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    the numbers in the following and followers sidebar aren't showing up against the background
    so minor issues but i figured worth bringing up in either case

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    • Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice