Logo vs color scheme

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by seebs, Jun 15, 2015.

1. rorleuaisen

rorleuaisen Frozen Dreamer

I am not entirely sure what you mean? Like a blurple and minty green theme??

Also I will poke at the dark styles in a bit and try to fix.

Speaking of which: @seebs I seriously forgot what thing you wanted fixing so seriously, pics plz??(the problem with fleshland privilege is you get to deal with fleshland memory loss. Also I am a very visual person, so like... speaking at me is the best way for me to totally not remember any details cause I can only conceptualize auditory info)

Edit: warning: obnoxious color changes may happen

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    • Like x 3
  2. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Screenshot from 2017-03-10 11-48-13.png

so barb was standing next to me saying "no you have to have a screenshot" and since she was on the clock i said "hey barb you have to look this monitor is dusty see there is dust right here by the title which is the wrong color" and she made me screenshot it anyway and HELP I AM BEING ABUSED SOMEONE SEND FOR HELP MY HELPY PERSON IS MOCKING ME

• Like x 6
  3. VJ Wocky

VJ Wocky 34 Somnolent Void Seeks Perfection in Dissonance

i meant i like the dark blurple from original blurple and i like the minty green from the teals and green theme and i was wondering if there was any plan to mix those (or something similar) since dark purples and light greens is one of my fave color combos

i understand if its not, just figured it couldn't hurt to ask

my bad for not clarifying in the original request

• Like x 2
  4. blue

blue hightown funk you up

no pressure, but would you be willing to make a dark theme with a dark gray background instead of black? the white-on-black contrast is too much for me :P

5. rorleuaisen

Monochrome with not black background?

Edit: to clarify neither dark background has a black background, but I could potentially lighten them a bit?

6. blue

Oh, I see now that it's not really black! Hm. I'm not sure I'm actually sure what about it is bugging me, so I'm gonna bounce until I can actually communicate :P

7. VJ Wocky

sometimes, even if the darker part isn't black, if the lighter part is too bright a white it can still be upsetting for some people

not sure if that is the issue but it might be part of it

8. blue

Really it's that I will be seeking a replica of my favorite dark theme from the forum I was on as a kid for the rest of my life, haha.

• Like x 4
  9. rorleuaisen

@blue I am totes not against making more themes if you'd like. I mean, this is sorta my hobby :p but I would need to know what you are looking for. Lower contrast monochrome? A particular color scheme?

Some of my tools are limited(like I can't change the logo atm so clashing makes me sad), but this is my hobby. I make the pretty colors. I fix things if there is a problem. And I will probably keep doing it until I am bored. So if you have a thing, I can try for it. Can't promise when things will get done, but I will attempt.

• Like x 5
  10. rorleuaisen

11. rorleuaisen

12. VJ Wocky

[​IMG] [​IMG]

yep they're fixed on my end!

• Like x 2
  13. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

I wouldn't mind if that (and also signatures and the stuff under posts like post #s) were slightly darker by default, but it works.

14. blue

Okay, so I think the thing that's bugging me about the current dark monochrome theme, which I otherwise like, is that the section headers and some other boxes are still dark-text-lighter background, whereas I would prefer everything* to be consistently light-text dark-background.

*posting this i've realized the spoiler buttons are light but they're small enough that it doesn't bug me

IMG_2971.PNG

Also the lighter background on the post composition screen makes it low-contrast enough to hurt my eyes.

IMG_2969.PNG

... And the post formatting option buttons are pretty hard to read?

IMG_2970.PNG

15. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

-alarmed cat meeps at the alert colour changing-

16. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

please turn the alert colour back to red

17. rorleuaisen

I admit that that is mostly a pet peeve for me, so I can totes change it back to the red if desired?

• Like x 1
  18. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Would the darker teal maybe be an option? The mint is a little too hard to notice.

19. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

...and now the alert number is nearly invisible.
    maybe make a theme that's like...Teal With Green Alerts?

ETA: It's a kind of blurry pink colour instead of its previous clear-lined white.

20. rorleuaisen

hrmm. lemme see If I can fix it :/

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice