Logo vs color scheme

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by seebs, Jun 15, 2015.

1. sicknastyspades

sicknastyspades Most Rad.

Ooh, new thing!

I really like the gold accents.
    I second (third?) the other people who said that the background's too dark for text to be easily read, though.

2. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

Is there any way for people to mock up color schemes for seebs to implement?

• Like x 1
  3. rorleuaisen

rorleuaisen Frozen Dreamer

@Wiwaxia I was planning taking some screen shots and playing with my art programs to do just that. Seebs would have to play a bit to find the exact colors, but it would give some general ideas/samples.

• Like x 1
  4. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

I like the new colour scheme, but the green is a bit jarring. A light olive or khaki might work better

5. Hobo

Hobo HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

Is there a new colour scheme? I've still got the blurple... o3o Is there a way to change it that I'm missing?

6. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

I still have the purple. I like the purple. I don't see a problem with it.

7. sicknastyspades

At the bottom of the forum there's a line which should say "Default Style" on the left and "Contact Us/Help/etc" in the right. Click Default Style, there's a pop-up with options.

8. Hobo

Hobo HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

@sicknastyspades TY! I was wondering what I was missing, haha. The new layout looks nice, though it's going to take some getting used to (change, hiss). Def meshes better with the logo than blurple, at any rate. Works for me.

Edit: Though now that I look at it, I think the links (like sns's name) are sort of hard to read on the background. I think they would be better darker?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
    • Like x 1
  9. rorleuaisen

Played with colors for a bit and here's a variation on the alt. I had a hard time altering some of the text color and it's a bit of a rough job, but it's an idea for the color scheme. Critiques/comments are welcome.
    kinsugi_01.PNG

• Like x 10
  10. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

@rorleuaisen Oh that looks absolutely lovely :3 It also makes me think of the Life aspect colors.

• Like x 1
  11. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

What if we went with greens and teals insyead of those warm browns? Then the gold would pop and the logo wouldnt stick out so much. It only has vague hints of brown.

Failing that, if we're married to the browns, could we go for cooler, more olivy browns?

• Like x 1
  12. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

holy crap yes that's gorgeous

13. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

I like the idea of having several options @Lissiel.
    If we all contribute colors it would cut down on the work Seebs and Luka have to do. This way people can choose what best suits them.

• Like x 2
  14. rorleuaisen

@Lissiel The browns help the Logo not clash, so I am a bit limited by what goes with it, but I can try that. I don't know if Seebs minds creating several alts, but if we can get some Logo variations we could make several(we could make like six. That would be awesome xD)

• Like x 1
  15. rorleuaisen

kinsugi_02.PNG
    How's this?

• Like x 10
  16. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

I love it! Holy crap that looks so much better even than what i had in mind why can i not like this twice.

17. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

• Like x 1
  18. rorleuaisen

Where's a blushing emoticon when you need it? (;u; Thank you!)

eta: Also, if any one else has some color schemes they want to see, I can try to whip something up.

• Like x 1
  19. sicknastyspades

@rorleuaisen Holy shit both of those are gorgeous. Such pretty soft colours.

Question, did seebs lighten the brown background or am I just more used to it now? Stuff's much easier to read than it was at first and I don't know what the deal is with that. Probably the latter but I want to knowww.

20. rorleuaisen

@sicknastyspades Danke ^_^

Also, It's still just as dark. I've been keeping with the original theme so I haven't adjusted to it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice