Logo vs color scheme

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by seebs, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Carcosa

Carcosa Member

I made a Stylish theme based off of/requiring the Alt Color Scheme (brown/gold). I just uploaded it up to User Styles.org, so if you want to take a look at it, go here.

Probably not completely finished with it, but I'm at a point where I need to take a break from working on it, and it'd be nice to get some input. And... also show off a little while I'm still pleased with it and am able to not be irritated by the little details I ended up missing.

• Like x 3
  2. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

I love that one @Carcosa !

I like the logo colors there - the gold stands out more and the background looks less busy and more earthy, which is fitting.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
    • Like x 1
  3. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

@Carcosa It's super pretty! The only issue for me is that the background in the reply box makes what you're typing really hard to read.

4. Carcosa

Carcosa Member

Any chance you could elaborate on that? I think I need more context as to where the reply box is located on the page to better understand what I might need to fix to make things easier to use.

Edit: Okay, nevermind, just had a chance to try it out in Chrome, and I see exactly what you're talking about. Bleck.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
    • Like x 1
  5. rorleuaisen

rorleuaisen Frozen Dreamer

Aesthetician is officially in the house, and I present a new color scheme option: Teals and Green
    image.png
    Any probs or crits, plz screenshot and ping me. I will work on at least one more and am open to suggestions for your aesthetic needs.

• Like x 22
  6. rorleuaisen

@Carcosa would you like me make your color theme one of the official alt themes?

• Like x 1
  7. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

finally, a color scheme other than default that is color coordinated

thank you @rorleuaisen

my aesthetic on any site or platform that allows it is dark with light text [example tumblr:

[​IMG]

and i think that also helps with computer performance? i forget the logistics behind it, i just woke up and am doing my daily puttering around on the internet, but a neutral grey/black theme with gold/silver accents might be a good idea? i'm probably gonna stick with teal and gold, but this would be a nice alternative

• Like x 8
  8. liminal

liminal I'm gonna make it through this year if it kills me

I love the teal and green theme so I'm using that now, but I read stuff better on light text/dark background so if that was an alternate theme that would be great too

• Like x 7
  9. An Actual Bird

An Actual Bird neverthelass, Brid persisted, ate third baggel

I'll third that request.

• Like x 5
  10. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

i really like this scheme!!! but it's hard for me to see the text box, @rorleuaisen

colro scheme.png
    colro scheme 2.png

• Like x 5
  11. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

trivia point: xenforo's default is to have the textbox background and the main page background be IDENTICAL, like, they are literally the same color, not just similar.

• Like x 1
  12. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

@rorleuaisen, I adore the teals and greens. The gold outlines around things are interacting weirdly with the pale green background for me, though. Maybe because the colors are both pretty light and fairly close in value? The gold looks a little like it's trying to glow but it's also hard to see, and it's freaking my eyes out a bit. This may be a me problem, though.

• Like x 2
  13. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

-sniffs new colourscheme, gives it a good whack to see if it will bite- I like the colours a lot, Would purrfur if the textboxes and stuff that is lighter in main theme was lighter here too to make it more visible.

• Like x 3
  14. keltka

keltka the green and brown one

I LOVE the color scheme but seconding @Codeless on the lighter color bits @_@ I also had some trouble reading the profile post sections as distinct sections ngl

ETA: shIT PEOPLE HAVE SAID THIS
    hrmmm honestly it's really kinda soothing which I appreciate, the blue gets a little glare-y when I Night Kintsugi?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    • Like x 2
  15. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

i like the color choices on this new one a lot, although yeah as people pointed out. need some Contrast to the text boxes

• Like x 4
  16. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

FWIW, I don't think relative brightness should have any impact on computer performance. And usually won't even on power consumption, because with rare exceptions, backlight intensity doesn't actually get varied for color changes.

• Like x 3
  17. a small fis)(

a small fis)( 26 people in a trench coat

• Like x 2
  18. rorleuaisen

@Verily Imma have to play with colors on that cause some objects have connecting pallete and I may need to fiddle with it so that I can get the lines a better color without altering the other things that I want to stay gold toned.

Also adjusted text box color. You guys want even more contrast?

• Like x 5
  19. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

oh man that's perfect i can see stuff way better now!

• Like x 1
  20. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

oh, this is great

i think i'll be sticking with this theme now :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice