luna Does (Probably Too Many) Tabletops!

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by luna, Sep 13, 2017.

1. luna

luna Active Member

I have a problem
    I have a lot of tabletop eggs in the tabletop fire. I'm making this thread as a kind of progress report/accountability thread/hopefully sounding board, and also a way to try (and fail) to organize my thoughts. Info on all the games and such in upcoming posts!

2. luna

luna Active Member

Fyra is my attempt to make an island survival game with a de-emphasis on combat and a lot of hidden secrets. There are four attributes (Physical, Mental, Social, and Mystical), and four base classes (Fighter, Scholar, Bard, and Magician), which then branch off into a bunch of different classes associated with dif attributes. Combat will be simple, with both parties having a defense value and an attack value (influenced by the armor, clothes, weapons they have, ect). I am thinking there will be no roll, just a static attack against defense? Or they both roll idk. The severity of the attack is determined by how many points over the defense it was. Like a point will be a superficial wound (scratches, bruises, ect), which can add up into a minor wound (2-4?, a cut, a sprain, ect), which add up into moderate (gash, stab, material trapped inside) to major (broken limbs, concussion, loss of hands and feet), to mortal (ect ect). That way the biggest effect combat will have is how it continues to effect you, needing resources to get better, ect. The biggest things I am stalling on are the class system (ideally it would be something like FFX's Sphere Grid but Holy Moley That Is a Lot Of Work) and the subsystems- crafting, mining, brewing, ect. I want them to have to gather resources and eventually allies and create things themselves, but I don't know how to make that work since I've never seen, say, a crafting system that I particularly like. I've figured out one, kinda, for plants and animal breeding, but there's a lot more and I don't have a whole lot of knowledge. Also I kinda wanna develop a Pokemon like system for befriending and taming small magic creatures that are rare but can make things easier, but I have zero ideas on that so far.
    Here's what I have down:

1. Physical- Fighter (Almost all combat classes)

1. Starting Ability- Power Attack- Once per combat can add a +1 to Attack
    2. Mental- Scholar (gaining information and putting it to use)

1. Starting Ability- Research-
    3. Social- Bard (some combat utility, inspiring, organizing followers)

1. Starting Ability- Rousing Song- Give +1 to a Stat of your choice to each person that hears the song until the end of the current day. Once per session
    4. Mystical- Magician (minor combat utility, mostly small effects)

1. Starting Ability- Light- Create a floating ball of light that follows you around, lights squares up to four away, lasts for an hour
    5. Physical+Mental- Craftsman (Can create things)

6. Physical+Mystical- Witch (Talismans, Enchanting, Potions)

7. Physical+Social- Rogue (Stealing, Sneaking)

8. Mental+Mystical- Wizard (Learn spells, combat class)

9. Mental+Social- Diplomat

10. Mystical+Social- Priest (Healing, Leadership)

11. Physical+- Knight

12. Mental+- Scientist

13. Social+- Politician

14. Mystical+- Mage

Plants
    • Stats
      • Taste
      • Nutrition
      • Size
      • Mutability
    • Attributes
      • Season
      • Lifespan
      • Climate
      • Delicacy
    • Traits
    Animals-
    • Stats
      • Taste
      • Nutrition
      • Size
      • Mutability
    • Attributes
      • Temperment
      • Lifespan
      • Climate
      • Delicacy
    • Traits
    Breeding-
    • When breeding two plants or animals together, roll 1d4 to determine the outcome of each stat
      • 1= StatA - StatB
      • 2=Average of StatA and StatB
      • 3= StatA + StatB
      • 4= Random number- roll 1d20
      • Stats are on a range between 1 and 20
    • Next, roll to see what happens with each attribute
      • 1= Gains the Attribute from ParentA
      • 2= Gains the Attribute from ParentB
      • 3= Gains the Attributes from both parents
      • 4= Random value is determined
    • Then all gains a +1
    • Finally, roll for new mutations roll to see what traits get passed on
      • Roll 1d20, and if you roll under the mutability stat, the trait is passed on
        For each trait passed on, the roll for the next trait gains a -2 to the dc. These effects stack, but minimum is 2.
      • For each generation the trait has been in the family, the ro
        Roll 1d20. If result is under the mutability stat, a new trait is gained from the mutation table
      • If the number rolled equals the mutability stat, gain a trait and roll again

Mining-
    • Randomize stone type and ores by chunk. Work to get 1 unit of product is 1 hour per point of difficulty.
    Astrology-
    Alchemy-
    Brewing-
    Charms-
    Enchanting-
    Crafting-

3. luna

luna Active Member

Dryriver is a project I've had in my head for a while but I've started just this weekend. The basic idea is a loose, mostly freeform small town simulator where all sorts of crazy shit can happen. I am aiming for them to rush to prom after stopping the summoning of the dread god Edoaueth but before they can get there a monster attacks the town and they have to transform to save it, except one of them gave away their magical girl form to a faerie queen in exchange for help with their werewolf boyfriend. But like, with a hazy, sepia colored tone. Major influences are basically everything I've ever read, but most the books Gone Away Lake and Return to Gone Away, which I haven;t read since I was like 8. Right now there's a lot up in the air- what I am trying to work on is generators for Items (what they are, what plot they are related to, how important, ect), Events, and People, as well as figure out jumping off points for all the different lots they can get embroiled in. I also need to, like, figure out actually what system I'm gonna have it in- I ran the first session with Mental/Physical/Social and 2d6 rolls, but I don't know if thats what I wanna stick with. I really like having skill systems, so that someone who has trained to, say, pick locks has an inherently better chance then someone who hasn't, but I don't know how I want that to work. I also kinda wanna sliding scale between the mundane, the mystical, and the sci-fi, which each one changing how you interact with the world and the world interacts with you as you go more and more down one path. I am unsure.
    There are 12 "genres", and the plan is to have 6 plots in each category
    1. Family
      1. Aunt Dahlia
      2. Mom
    2. Fairy
      1. Winter Court
      2. Spring Court (Entrance in garden under statute)
      3. Summer Court
      4. Autumn Court
      5. Changelings
      6. Rouge Fae
    3. Supernatural
      1. Wood Witches
      2. Ghost 1
      3. Ghost 2
      4. Weirdness at School
    4. Horror
      1. Cult 1
      2. Cult 2
      3. Zombies
      4. Supernatural serial killer
      5. Cannibals
      6. Some Silent Hill Shit
    5. Sci-Fi
      1. Human Experiments
      2. Alien Invasion 1
      3. Alien Invasion 2
      4. Alien Pet
      5. Secret Death Ray
    6. Urban Fantasy
      1. Werewolves
      2. Vampires
      3. Town Coven
    7. High Fantasy
      1. Wood Elves
      2. DND turned magic
    8. Anime
      1. Magical Girls
    9. Mystery
      1. Mundane Serial Killer
      2. Mayor Murder
    10. Other Lands
      1. Portal to Fantasy Land 1
      2. Portal to Fantasy Land 2
      3. Land of Nostalgia
      4. Portal to “Wonderland”
      5. Portal to the Future
    11. History
      1. Laketown
      2. Treasure Under Town
    12. Slice of Life
      1. Sports
      2. DND Club
      3. School Getting Shut Down

4. luna

luna Active Member

This is an idea I just came up with today, lol. The basic idea is combining this post with a modified version of the house creation system from the song of ice and fire roleplaying game. Lots of social intrigue, jockeying for power, eloping, ect

5. luna

luna Active Member

This is my custom DND setting, which so far I really like playing with. This will probably be an (occasionally spoilery, if you are playing, but I will mark it as such) worldbuilding dump. Much of it rn is copied from the thread, but ther is new info, esp in the Ralune notes
    Year 0- The Coming of the Gods
    Year 4132- Current Year
    In Ralune Common basically started as a trade language that became the predominant language of Tomael and, therefore, the rest of the majority human countries. The only place that the original human tongue is still spoken is Ilidoe, and the Tomalen government is trying to stamp it out. The common language in Asloya is basically a modified form of Draconic. This is also the common that undercommon is based off of. Other then that yeah, they basically all have their own languages (or multiple, in the case of, say, Tashe or Alil)
    Idean- Mongolian and Asian Steppes
    Alil- Germanic for Dwarves, English/Saxon for Halflings
    Tomael- Latin and French
    Tashe- Slavic
    Ilidoe- Egyptian
    Drou- Celtic
    Namala- Hindi
    Razol- Arabic
    Lizardfolk- Translate their names into the applicable language because why wouldn't you want everyone to understand your badass name, you earned it! But also Greek
    Scoar- Norse
    The current Pantheon that rules over all peoples are the Gemmiads, eight gods who came around four thousand years ago and cast out all the other gods. Nobody knows where they came from, but their clerics and priests say that they came to liberate the people of this world from the cruel, exploitative gods who previously ruled. The worship of them is mostly in Ralune, but they are known in some form to all peoples. In Ralune there are festival days for each of the gods, and each country is said to have the divine favor of one of the gods, but the primary form of worship is the sacrifice of nine girls from each country every twenty five years.
    Obsidianae- Goddess of Death- Grave Domain
    A quiet and distant goddess, Obsidianae keeps separate from the others. Claiming no peoples and ruling no populations, she takes those who are desperate, who come to her, and she demands loyalty.

Sappharian- God of Life- Life Domain, War Domain
    The Leader of the Gods- some call him King, although he himself never would. Most who meet him find him surprisingly unassuming, but behind his calm expression he is a commanding and calculating deity.

Rubion- God of Fire- Forge Domain
    Rubion is not the most formal of the gods, nor is he the most talkative. He seems mostly content to be a distant figure, protective of his flock but easy to disappoint.

Aquamaelin- Goddess of Water- Tempest Domain
    Aquamaelin agreed two thousand years ago to seal herself away within Maexan Lake, a great body of water near the center of Ralune, in order to stop a great monster made by the former gods from reemerging. Although her energy is almost completely occupied, she tries to protect her clerics and paladins with what she has left.

Peridion- God of Lightning- Light Domain
    Peridion values intelligence, invention, and creativity. While not one for divine edicts, he is the most likely of all the gods to talk casually with those who earn his favor.

Emeralis- Goddess of Nature- Nature Domain
    Emeralis is wild, untamable, and vain. She does not suffer fools gladly, and she has suffered quite a bit. Those who are dearest to her heart are those with unbreakable spirits.

Amethystine- Goddess of Darkness- Trickery Domain
    Amethystine drew away from the other gods long ago, preferring to keep to her chosen kingdom of Drou, where she actually dwells. Once a benevolent trickster, her bitterness has only grown deeper over the years.

Quartzen- God of Ice- Protection Domain
    Quartzen is perhaps the most talkative of the gods, although most don’t know it. He prefers to travel in human guise, talking with the people as one of them, without pretensions.

Other Major Figures-
    Dia- The true leader of the gods and a maiden of incomparable purity. She was killed by Pyrope, and the other gods stand watch for her return
    Pyrope- A devil, temptress, and the betrayer. She is not a true god but has attained immortality, and is said to eternally wander the world. Mothers tell their children stories of her to scare them straight.
    Obsidianae demands that you prove your devotion to the cause, so to speak. Her clerics and paladins are "grim reapers", and she wants to make sure that nothing will come between you and your goal. She's lawful neutral af
    Sappharian usually just has you put in a certain number of years- usually 8- in service, in a hospital, an army, ect
    Rubion's are nebulous- he wants you to prove your worth to him. This can be through some great deed, a masterwork, ect. Most wandering clerics are clerics of Rubion
    Aquamaelin's are very formal, mostly because she. Doesn't have a lot of free energy to check in on everyone personally. You must find the supplies to make a vial of holy water and then bring it to Maexan Lake and pour it in
    Peridion wants you to create something, something exciting. He can be pretty fickle on what that something should be and what exciting is, but he appreciates hearing the though process behind what you made or what you did, and honestly the best way to pass his trial is to give him a goddamn thesis paper
    Emeralis....really puts an emphasis on the trial. Her followers must spend years in the wilderness, keeping nothing for themselves, and go through intense trial and tribulation to earn her favour
    Amethystine's trials vary wildly, depending on her mood. She loves the type of trial that you could have passed instantly, had you thought about it the right way
    Quartzen usually asks you to swear to protect something- a person, a place, an object, ect. Only when you have proven the strength of your resolve to protect do you pass his trial
    Pita- from around Namala, goddess of the depths of the sea, queen of the sahaugins, Seriously Eldritch. There is a land cult to her in the Namalan town of Chare
    Clerics and Paladins- Servants of the gods are taken very seriously. They are seen as instant authority figures, and are seen as under the jurisdiction of the god only- provided they have passed their trial. Each person, when they swear themselves to a god, are given a trial that they must complete. When they do, they are a full cleric or paladin- if they fail in honor or die along the way, then they will still dwell in that god’s realm, albeit in a lower level. If they fail dishonorably, then they are sent to the lowest part of Obsidianae’s realm. It is illegal to kill those sworn to Obsidianae, but her trials are the hardest to pass and her bargains the least forgiving.
    Druids- Some druids follow Emeraldis, but more commonly druids follow older gods- the Dwarven Mother Stone, the Halfling’s Alald of the Clouds and Gythe of the Trees, the ancient human dieties Awesin, god of raging waters, Praha, god of calm waters, Meketi, goddess of storms, and many others. Some follow no god in particular, but have developed such a close connection to nature that they access its magic through their own will.
    There are many other old, forgotten gods- the vast human pantheons, the Dwarven Mother Stone, the Halfling Hendeciad, the strange fae gods of the elves, and stranger beings still. Their clerics practice in secrets, but others, such as warlocks, gain their help in other ways. You can homebrew or import any god you want as one of these "fallen" gods, but be forewarned that all gods in this state have either become twisted versions of themselves or have lost something essential, be it their grand powers, their divine presence, or something more.
    Tieflings and Aasimar- It is said that the angels are those who first converted to the worship of the new gods, as well as their most loyal and powerful clerics, priests, and paladins. Conversely, demons are those who refused to convert after the new gods overthrew the old ones. Both are still able to breed with the living races, which is where the divine Aasimar and infernal Tieflings come from.

Ralune is a continent of proud nation-states- monarchies with long histories and strong animosities. Although skirmishes are common, the continent is still recovering from a recent, long war, and even though many have made their best attempts at lasting peace it seems that another is inevitable.
    • Idean’s prosperous, trade heavy eastern half is separated by a mountain range from the mostly agricultural western half, and the split between the two seems to grow larger every day.
    • Alil was once the peaceful, seaside nation of the halflings, until the dwarves were driven up from the depths of the earth and settled the Senefel Mountains in its center, conquering the natives.
    • Tomael, the seat of religion, is an empire whose power has waxed and waned, at times controlling almost all of the continent and at others claiming little more than a castle.
    • Tashe, a young and harsh country, was made by the union of northern humans tired of Tomalen rule and elves driven from their home and transported to Ralune via a terrible storm.
    • Ilidoe, the island where humanity was born, suffers under Tomalen rule still, but nothing has been able to crush their history or their adventurous spirit.
    • Drou, the last true city-state of the dark elves, has little contact with the surface world, content to keep to their underground queendom of treacherous courts and tight knit communities.
    The Kingdom of Idean has just finished a war with neighboring kingdom Alil, where both sides fought to a standstill over the region called Old Vymi. Tensions are still high, however, between them and the theocratic state Tomael- tension that threatens a three way war between Alil, Idean, and Tomael, which could be devastating to a recovering country. Illidoe, a country that has long suffered under the rule of Tomael, seems to be taking this diversion of their attention as an opportunity to win their own freedom, sparked by a charismatic leader who preaches of the twin gods, gods outside of the Eight Crysallums who will be coming to wrest control of this world. The far north kingdom of Tashe wants nothing to do with the war- the new king is obsessed with his prince-consort’s prophecy of the end of the world, and determined to put an end to it.

• Idean: Idean is a large but mostly agrarian kingdom. It’s capital city of Temay sits at the mouth of the great Maexan Lake, where it is said that the goddess Aquamaelin is chained. There is a near constant struggle between Idean and Tomael for the lake- Idean claims it as the ancestral birthright, as Aquamaelin is the patron goddess of the country, while Tomael say that as their royal family is descended from Sappharian, king of the gods, and they are the keepers of the Holy Relics of the gods, they should be given sovereignty over the lake.
      • The Lambrun Mountains divide the prosperous Gera region, where the castle resides and most continental trade goes through, from the rest of Idean, which is mostly plains and farmland, providing a breadbasket that fuels the country's success. In order to defend the wide, open spaces, Idineans became masters of cavalry, famed for their expert horseback archers and use of greatswords. In the northern region of Bane, where there are woodlands, they provide lumber to the rest of the kingdom. The central region Nevnai reap the benefits of the long ago volcanic activity of the Lambruns, and although the temperature is cold the land is fertile. To the south, in Kabo, the culture is extremely similar to Vymi. There is some farming in the almost marshy lands, but they rely mostly on their farm animals, with a culture based almost entirely around sheep and the textiles they can make from them.
      • Patron Goddess: Aquamaelin
      • Current Ruler(s): King Yeren, his wife Queen Dari, and their daughter Princess Tulin.
      • Regions: Gera (east), Bane (northwest), Nevnai (west), Kabo (southwest)
      • Capitol: Temay (Gera)
      • Cities: Tachi (Nevnai), Targe (Gera), Quasa (Gera), Kuzi (Nevnai), Sura (Bane)
    • Alil: Once, Alil was populated almost entirely by the halflings. They worked the land around the great Senefel Mountains, growing farms and living an altogether peaceful life. But in 3108, the dwarves came up from the deep. After having engaged in a long and brutal war against the Drow for control of underground food sources, the dwarves retreated up to the mountains, and set their sights on the land around it. Using their expert weaponry, the dwarves conquered the halflings and parts of Idean, demanding that they work their lands for them in exchange for the great benefits of dwarven technology. Although halflings are still an underclass in Alilian society, the country is mostly unified, a new race having been born from the interbreeding of halflings and dwarves- the gnomes, who live mostly in the foothills around Senefel and are known for their technological genius.
      • Patron God: Rubion
      • Current Ruler(s): King Annold, his wife Queen Berte, and their Royal Advisor Calo Stormestrike
      • Regions: North Sanefel (center), South Sanefel (center), Old Vymi (northwest), Zenewal (northeast), Edenruck (southwest), Galeah (southeast), Hadun (west), Bimor (east)
      • Capitol: Geneheim (North Sanefel)
      • Cities: Cawold (Old Vymi), Bawic (Galeah), Tafeld (Hadun), Mamor (South Sanefel), Gaham (South Senefel), Gastow (Galeah), Decot (Zenewal), Edusa (Bimor), Rogrove (North Sanefel), Caybluff (Hadun)

• Tomael: Tomael is the oldest continuous kingdom in Ralune. They were founded four thousand years ago, when the god Sappharian took a human lover, and sired the first of the Ralune royal line. First King Armon lived in service to his father, but his wife, Queen Leuce, who had been appointed the high priestess, led a war campaign that conquered the smaller city states of the area, creating one grand empire named Tomael- “We of the Gods”. Since then, the royal family have lived cloistered lives of prayer and service to the gods, while the high priestess, appointed by the church and royal family together, manages the kingdom in their name. Tomael is very militarily aggressive and have come into conflict with other kingdoms many times over the years, their borders shifting back and forth with the ebb and flow of power. However, the rise of the Dwarven Kingdom of Alil marked a change- try as they might, neither nation could fully conquer the other. Since then Tomael’s borders have been fairly stagnant, although they claim sovereignty over the resource-rich island of Ilidoe as well.
      • Patron God: Sappharian
      • Current Ruler(s): High Priestess Saisse et Radience, Emperor Gieri, his son Prince Azain, and his daughter Princess Liana
      • Regions: Divided into parishes, of which there are 64
      • Capitol: Ialyri
      • Cities: Ounen (Temple of Obsidinae), Tignoy (Temple of Rubion), Bastia (Temple of Peridion), Lonse (Temple of Aquamaelin), Colme (Temple of Emeraldis), Rodouai (Temple of Amethystine), Pere (Temple of Quartzen)
    • Tashe: Years ago, around 3837, a ship full of elves landed on the frozen tundra of northmost Ralune. They were refugees from some sort of elven war, and they offered a human warlord their aid- the elves magic, to help the kingdom flourish, in exchange for equal treatment. The warlord- who would soon take the title of King Zivoi- accepted eagerly, and with their help he managed to make a land that was mostly tundra into a thriving, if still icy, country. Nearby towns and cities, seeing his success and resentful of the neglectful Tomalen leadership at the time, petitioned to join him, and soon all the north was united as one kingdom- Tashe, named after the ship that brought the elves to this land. Although the population is still mostly human, the elven settlers and their descendents- called the Snow Elves, although functionally identical to Wood Elves- make up a caste of powerful mages and scholars and enjoy, for the most part, great prestige. Tashe is still a brutal place to live, but its people, elven, human, and all others, pride themselves on their strength, in mind and body.
      • Patron God: Quartzen
      • Current Ruler(s): King Lumil and Prince-Consort Domec
      • Regions: Old Bovna (west), Ravitra (center), Nica (east)
      • Capitol: Bovna
      • Cities: Galica (Old Bovna), Girany (Nica), Treznece (Ravitra), Jelsoke (Nica)
    • Ilidoe: Ilidoe is the small desert island where humanity was born. Although humans, who breed easy, have spread out greatly, Ilidoe remains an old and beautiful civilization, whose culture has survived despite Tomael’s attempts to crush it. Unlike anywhere else on Ralune Ilidoe is ruled by a council, whose ranks come from local leaders of the five great cities of Ilidoe. The Ilidoni are expert farmers, who know how to turn even inhospitable desert into flourishing farms, and who expertly use the rivers as transport, irrigation, and cities. Most cities lie over offshoots from one of the three main rivers, with canals instead of roads. But most of all, the Ilidoni are explorers, traveling over land and sea for new lands, always knowing that they have a beautiful home to return to. Most Ilidoni set out in groups at age 16, looking for adventure, and come back home, if ever, when they are ready and able to pick up a trade or other job.
      • Patron God: Peridion
      • Current Ruler(s): Council Leader Apin
        Regions: Mimed (center), Nety (southeast), Arak (northeast), Marnu (west)
      • Capitol: Asyun (Mimed)
      • Cities: Wena (Mimed), Tisyut (Arak), Maada (Nety), Kahem (Marnu)
    • Drou- Drou, the last of the great Dark Elf queendoms, lies beneath Ralune, rarely if ever interacting with the surface world. It is ruled by a queen supposedly appointed at birth by Amethystine, the patron goddess of the Drow. They specialize in strange potions not available in the surface world, made from the twisted creatures and bioluminescent plants that are now strange even to the dwarves. The society detests open violence, avoiding it if at all possible- instead, the tools of the Drow are subterfuge and trickery. The court is in constant chaos, the queen the only constant point as advisors, counsellors, nobles, and merchants all play a constant back and forth game of politics.
      • Patron Goddess: Amethystine
      • Current Ruler(s): Queen Tiabha
      • Regions: There are only the Capitol city of Arlen and the outlying Kidwe carverns
      • Capitol: Arlen

• Day to day governmental decsions are made at an extremely local level bc politicians are basically always scheming, like people dont even think of politicians as people who are involved in governing at all really

• There is an extremely complex and arcane system of checks, balances, and loopholes meant to severely linit the queen. It is thought that when the princess appearent can navigate this system to let her so whatever she wants, she is then wise enough to become queen.

• Because they only have the one city, most people keep their animals and grow their own crops. Its like solarpunk, but underground. Biolumiescensepunk
      • Drow music compensates for being underground by being extremely soft and subtle. Theres a huge emphasis on creating an emotion or telling a story

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  6. luna

luna Active Member

Four thousand years ago, Asloya fell. The beautiful palaces of the dragonborn crumbled, the great orc hordes turned against each other, and Dragonsmaw, the volcano at the center of the world, erupted, coating everything in fire and stone. Life returned only slowly, and even now most of the continent is reclaimed wilderness.
    • Visible from all shores of Asloya, nobody has been able to set foot near Dragonsmaw for millennia. Stories say that a dragon slumbers there, his hoard free for the taking- of course, everybody knows that dragons aren’t real.
    • Dragonsmaw is surrounded by a great rainforest, Echidna, which is so impenetrable that nobody who has set foot inside it has ever escaped. It is said, however, that the greatest remains of the dragonborn royalty lie within.
    • Razol is the last remnant of the beautiful Tabaxi cliff cities. Made of sandstone and near-indestructible glass, Razol is the last refuge of the tabaxi and yuan-ti, once reluctant allies who now have a shared history and culture.
    • Once, the western peninsula of Asloya was a great swamp called Xus, full of vibrant plants and a complex ecosystem that the lizardfolk were the undisputed top of. However, when Dragonsmaw erupted the flora and fauna mostly died, and the water boiled. Even now it is a wasteland- but the lizardfolk remain regardless.
    • Scoar is the greatest of the goblin strongholds that dot the great plains where once the orcs ruled. Home to over ten million goblins, hobgoblins, and bugbears, it is by far the largest population on Asloya.
    • Dragonsmaw/Echidna
    • Razol
      • Razol is known by many names- the desert jewel, the shining city, the oldest city, glass cliffs, ect. It once was the youngest of the Tabaxi cities, situated close to the sea for trade, and perhaps this distance is what allowed it to survive the worst of the fallout. The Yuan-Ti, who had lived much closer to the center of the continent, arrived in Razol after fifty years, and for centuries there was tension between the two races, who had not historically gotten along but who mutually recognized the need for cooperation. Now, however, the cultural barriers have fallen down, and the two are united as one. That sense of unity is the most important thing in Razol- community and cooperation are the most important values. Discovery is also important in Razol- they know that they cannot continue to survive if they become comfortable, if they stop pushing forward. They are always looking for new animals to tame, new ways to grow crops, new methods of beating the heat. Razol is a loud and vibrant city, always awake, always creating, never looking back.
    • Xus
      • Xus is covered in the rare plant called Dragonweed, which has chocked out all other plantlife. Useful for potionmaking but almost completely devoid of sustenance, the weed has made sure that there is no other food readily available in Xus. Most lizardfolk families have branches that live on the outskirts of the former swamp and hunt- both animals and other peoples, who ever gets close enough- sending the dried food inwards to the rest of the population. However, there are those that have embraced the strange properties of dragonweed, and use it to preform experiments on animals, other plants, even lizardfolk themselves. These alchemists have managed to create, in a limited capacity, life that thrives in Xus, and hope to use the plant that has damned them to a scavenger life to lift them out of it.
      • Culturally, family is extremely important to lizardborn. There are six loose kinship groups, each said to be descended from two of the twelve lizardborn who survived the eruption. There is some conflict between these groups, but it never erupts into all out war- most lizardfolk believe that even if one kinship destroyed the others, it would be a scant few generations before the winning group splintered, and they found themselves in the exact same situation. Pragmatism is valued among lizardfolk, and part of pragmatism is recognizing that you need to help others survive if you wish to survive.
        Although the land is no longer wet, most lizardfolk homes are still built on stilts. The predominant building material is the stalks of the dragonweed, treated with a solution made from the flower to make them inflexible and sturdy. Houses are designed to move safely with the winds that rip through Xus, bending but always coming back. The young spend years going to the outskirts and hunting- a detail not unlike military duty. When they are older they return to the center, where most of the population stays.
      • Usually young lizardfolk will be called by some notable baby quality. There are a lot of lil lizardborn running around called Giant Eyes or Funky Scales.
      • The groups (unsure if they are, anthropologically speaking, tribes per say) are named after how their progenitors survived the explosion. Unbowed, the easternmost tribe, apearently stood strong against the mudflow, and were not destroyed. According to them their home, Riverpass, has been occupied for over 6000 years, and was barely touched by the eruption. Scholars from other groups doubt this but nobody'll let thrm come close enough to Riverpass to study the claims. Burrow hid beneath the mud and only came out when a sparrow flew down into the hole. Reeds, at the southwest tip, made filters from wet reeds, and used that to continue to breath as the swamp dried up. Cavern hid out in a seaside cave until the rumblings stopped. Branches hid among the branches of the trees, the canopy protecting them from ashfall. Sea took a boat out to an island until shit calmed down.
      • Lizardborn tend to have large clutches, around 40 eggs. Of those 40 maybe 17-25 will hatch properly, and of those around 10 on average make it to year 1, and 2-7 will survive into adolescence. The lizardborn tend not to put a lot of effort into hatchlings until they reach two years old and have proven themselves survivors. Nobody wants to talk about the widespread cultural effects on mental health.
    • Scoar
      • It is said that in the days of old, goblins feared magic, and found those who used it weak in body and will. That is not the case anymore. The leader of any particular goblin stronghold is, after all, the one who defeated the last leader in one on one combat- and the strange powers of the mage can, at a certain point, vaporize even the most trained warrior. So now most Goblin Chieftans are wizards, or sorcerers, and they have set up a school in Scoar that takes in young children with even the slightest hint of interest in or talent with magic, and trains them strenuously. The most prestigious discipline they teach is Bladesinging- a fusion of the magical present and martial past, the Bladesingers are chosen before they are five years old and molded into a perfect, loyal warrior, in tune with steel and song.
    Hypothetical Third Continent
    • Home to the goliaths, the firbolgs, and shifters, as well as the warforged and the race that created the warforged, which I might just homebrew. Will probably have more of a nature vs technology/kinda steampunk feel.
    Namala
    • Home to the dragonborn, who allegedly fled their when their ancestors, the mythical dragons, turned on them. They are private, but not reclusive, and those who come to their shores are never turned away.
    Enea
    • Enea is a fabled island, home to the high elves, who have attained a near mythical status. Nobody who sets forth to find Enea ever succeeds, and even those who have left it can never find their way back.
    Orphari Ocean- The Ocean between Namala and Ralune
    • In the waters of the Silent Sea, off the coast of Ralune, the rare aquatic elves and the sahuagin wage near constant war. Although neither bother much with the surface folk, attacks from both parties have become increasingly common in recent years.
    • The Great Orc Fleet travels between Orphari, Tyzanth, and even more exotic waters, bringing goods and stories that most people could not even dare to dream of.
    Tyzanth Ocean- The Ocean between Namala and Asloya
    • The great floating city of Tethne, home to the tritons, is a glorious tower that stretches from the surface down into the depths. Once stationed near the coast of Asloya, when Dragonsmaw erupted the last queen of the tritons tore her castle away from the once capital of Ashelis, saving as many of her people as she could from the plumes of lava and ash.
    • Humans- Hailing from the isle of Ilidoe, humans are born explorers, and have taken to almost every climate and landscape imaginable.
    • Elves- Although the mythical homeland of the elves remains out of reach, there are small populations that have grown outside it.
      • High Elves- Extremely rare, most people only know high elves as fairy tales.
      • Wood Elves- The most common kind of elf to leave Enea, Wood Elves are a welcome addition to any community.
        • Snow Elves- The Wood Elves who settled in Tashe came to be known as Snow Elves, for their adoption of the icy climate. Players who wish to be Snow Elves may chose to take +1 to Con instead of Wis, and access to the cantrip Druidcraft instead of the feature Mask of the Wild (you may still take the normal Wood Elf bonuses and lore-wise be a Snow Elf)
      • Dark Elves- Technically the most common kind of elves, they still do not have much contact with the rest of the world. Although Drou has the largest population, there are other population pockets elsewhere.
      • Aquatic Elves- Extremely rare and extremely reclusive, Aquatic Elves reside in depths even the Tritons don’t dare delve into. If you want to play an Aquatic Elf we will figure something out based on the Aquatic subtype for half elves in SCAG.
    • Dwarves- Once, they dwelt as deep as the dark elves, but conflicts over resources pushed them up towards the mountains. As the undisputed noble class of Alil, they hold great military power.
    • Halflings- The serfs of Alil, they do the non prestigious jobs, such as farming and taming the wilderness.
    • Gnomes- Born of breeding between dwarves and halflings, they almost exclusively occupy the artisan and merchant class in Alil.
    • Dragonborn- It is said that a dragon chased them from their homeland, and the survivors settled on Namala.
    • Tieflings- Rare and despised, most tieflings in Ralune either dwell in small, exclusive communities, hide who they are, or try to escape.
    • Aasimar- Even more rare than tieflings, aasimar are seen as a blessing upon a community.
    • Orcs- Once masters of battle, after a long ago civil war the remaining orcs took to the sea, where even now their fleet sails eternally from port to port.
      Goblins (Hobgoblins, Bugbears)- The youngest people, Goblins now have the largest and fastest growing culture in Asloya.
    • Tabaxi- Once the great traders and explorers of Asloya, they are, even now, a fraction of their former number.
    • Yuan-ti- Yuan-Ti Purebloods, now almost a completely distinct people from their more monstrous relatives, no longer see themselves as culturally distinct from the Tabaxi.
    • Lizardfolk- The Lizardfolk remain mostly the same, but their home dies more and more every year, and the younger generations are starting, for the first time, to move away en mass.
    • Kobalds- Theorized to be distant descendents of the dragonborn, Kobalds are treated as servants and slaves by the goblinoids.

7. luna

luna Active Member

Annnnd hopefully future projects will fit in one of those posts or this one.

8. luna

luna Active Member

Random Upper Class People thought: There is a table for your Upper Class Name and each name has stat/feat effects

• Like x 1
  9. luna

luna Active Member

Ralune lore (I need to come up with a name/title for this wooorllddddd): The Bramblewalker, an old elvan goddess and one of the progenitors of the wood elves. Goddess of deep woods, of animals that hunt silently, of shadows that just might be something more- a trickster, as nurturing and as dangerous as the woods she rules. Chaotic good, emphasis on chaotic. Don't choose her as your patron she'll wake you up at 3am to complain about capitalism.

• Like x 1
  10. luna

luna Active Member

Things I need to do for current games I'm running:
    • Come up with one hermit discovery and provide more details on the other
    • Build the temple complex dungeon
    • Figure out how to build dungeons period
    • Come yp with some plot hooks/info/npcs for Chare
    • Come up, specifically, with the start if the questline to revive the dead friend
    • Figure out wtf I am gonna do with dryrivers system (if I can just figure out what the benefit to humanity should be, the redt should come into place pretty easily)
    • COME UP WITH THE STUPID MINIGAME I SOMEHOW IMPROVED MYSELF INTO HOW DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF GODAMMIT

11. luna

luna Active Member

Upper Class PPl (gonna rename this soon I swear) stream of consciousness:
    Ok so technically the aristocracy, especially the high aristocracy, shouldn't play a part in this game but the aristocracy is very fun to play with and they overlap anyways. I'm gonna have a system of house/family "age" anyways, so the oldest a landed gentry family could be, without any really weird outliers, seeeeems to be 16th century? So set that as like a 4, which is probably at that pointed a titled family. 5 is aristocratic family frooom lets say around when the Plantagenets took over, 6 is older then that and a Big Deal. I might need to subdivide this in a d8 or d10 bc a d6 is a little redic. If we do a d10 then a 1 could be a family that rose to prominence in the early 19th century (all 1 decade of it), 2 rose to prominence in the 18th century, ect ect, which would put a 10 at the turn of the millennium? Ugh I'm not a medievalist approximately how far back can you reasonably trace your family history through that time period? Might do a d12 with same rules if that's not enough.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice