Mae govannen!

Discussion in 'Howdy there!' started by Novas Memoria, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Novas Memoria

Novas Memoria ~Domestic Dragon~

I've never done this before...this forum thing your doing right now.

::paces nervously::

Oh your still here? Great! Hey it's me Novas. You may or may not have heard of me from my moirail Kit, who uses this forum a lot. Basically, I noticed that Kit is on here all the time and seems to enjoy it, and as a stay at home dad with limited social interaction outside that of a small toddler I thought it could be good for me. As far as explaining myself and my life and interests I'm going to start with a bulleted list...because I really have an inexplicable love for bulleted lists. (I also have an inexpllicable love for that tiny squiggle)

~ I am married. My wife and I have been in an open relationship since about a year after we started dating (about 10 years ago). The majority of that time I have been in a relationship with Kit and her wife. We are so close, in fact that Kit and I are also handfasted. The english language didn't really have a good word for our relationship, as now she is more that my "girlfriend" or "mistress" but not a wife. Kit started calling me moirail from one of her fandoms. Though I know little to nothing of the fandom the word and its meaning stuck.

~ As I have mentioned, I am a father to my wife and I's little son. As my wife goes and wins the proverbial bread I remain at our home and teach him the ways of the Force and training him for his pokemon journey. Also pretty much make sure he doesn't choke on something. He literally is my life and I wouldn't trade him for anything.

~ I am an enormous nerd... As mentioned I am slightly obsessed with Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, and Pokemon. I'm also a fan of Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls, Dungeons and Dragons, Marvel Cinematic Universe, Dragon Ball Z, and many, many more.

As I mentioned I am a complete forum noob and have no idea of the ins and outs, the do's and don'ts so go easy on me, ;P

• Like x 10
  2. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

hi!

• Like x 1
  3. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

HI MOIRAIL! *hugtackle*

edit to add: remind me when you're back from Alex that I was gonna show you how to 1) make a custom title and 2) show signatures, to Enhance Your Forum Experience(TM)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    • Like x 2
  4. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Welcome, Novas! I don't believe I've had the pleasure of meeting Kit yet. I'm still sorta new here myself. XD

I like bullet lists and squigglies too! Also many of the other things you have listed, particularly Elder Scrolls and the MCU.

The term moirail is definitely in common use around here. If nobody has gone through the entire explanation of troll romance with you before, it may be worthwhile. Homestuck, the fandom of origin, has been awfully influential. The whole explanation is a bit long and technical (which was a joke within the story, with the author threatening to make people read it repeatedly) but it's useful. The terms come up a lot.

• Like x 2
  5. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

(Hi Verily! I took an unplanned Kintsugi break for about a month and a half due to Life, so I seem to have missed your arrival, but good to see you!)

@Anomal(eee), @asynch, and I have done a lot of verbal discussion of troll romance, but it is, in fact, super complicated. It doesn't help that we keep dragging more fanon nuance into the conversation, either :P

• Like x 2
  6. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

(Hey Kit! It's nice to meet you! I know I've seen your name around.)

It is totally super complicated! I'd imagine it's nightmare-level complicated if you don't have the specific examples from the story context in your head as you're reading it. And the nuance is so alluring it's hard not to drag it all it. XD

• Like x 1
  7. Anomal(eee)

Anomal(eee) Grumblepunk Gremlin

<bump>

You already an intro thread! Hi, Novas, and welcome to the Land of Nerds and Cracked Pots. :D You'll fit in just fine.

ETA (Edited To Add): If you check out the subforum "Fan Town", that's where you'll find lots of different fandom discussion threads!

• Like x 4
  8. peripheral

peripheral Stacy's Dad Is Also Pretty Rad

Hey hey I'm Wes and we're all nerds here

• Like x 2
  9. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

(waves) heyo welcome

• Like x 1
  10. Novas Memoria

Hello! ::waves::

• Like x 1
  11. Novas Memoria

YAY! ::snuggle::

12. Novas Memoria

::bump:: <3

• Like x 1
  13. Novas Memoria

Hello! ::waves:: and that is comforting, lol.

• Like x 1
  14. Novas Memoria

hehe ::waves back:: Hai!

• Like x 1
  15. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Kintsugi might be called a wretched hive of nerds and fandoming.

• Like x 7
  16. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

Welcome!

• Like x 1
  17. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

Welcome to the party!

Your username makes me feel bad about having a group of villains called Nova in my dragon novel, now...

• Like x 2
  18. Novas Memoria

It's okay I can be a scary villain! ::growls adorably:: Am I doing it right? Seriously though I'm not a big scary dragon at all, more like a dragon that a little scary sometimes but mostly too cute to take seriously, you know like Toothless.

• Like x 5
  19. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Hi! I'm Laz (not to be confused with Other Laz, who is an occasional visitor and also a dude) I RP with Kit and Kai!

For quotes like that you can hit the + "Quote" next to the Like and Reply. It stores quotes, and then at the bottom you can hit 'Insert Quotes' and then 'Quote these messages' to put them all in one post. On the right side they'll have 'remove' if you add something to multi-quote by accident. Multi-quote also stores across threads! I use it because I'm lazy and don't always want to reply + copy quote + paste in another thread's reply (like for Out of Context Quotes Thread).

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    • Like x 1
  20. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

well I mean you don't want to be this Nova, they're kind of an altright doomsday movement who take their name from the actual astronomical event, because Reasons.

cute dragons are good though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice