Meagen's translation project

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by Meagen Image, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Meagen Image

Meagen Image Well-Known Member

I really like a Polish author named Joanna Chmielewska, but her books have never been released in English. So in order to share the funny with my online friends, I have decided to translate one of them myself.

That was eight years ago and I'm still not done.

What I have so far is up on this google doc.

• Like x 4
  2. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

Thanks for sharing this! I'm only five pages in and I haven't the faintest idea what's going on, but I like the author too, already. The cast descriptions felt very tongue-in-cheek, but also warm, like the author was describing old friends or beloved children. (So although I don't know any Polish, I think you must be doing a very good job translating.)

3. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

I've never read a mystery where the characters make it up as they go, but I've decided I like that, too.

4. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

I inhaled this in two days, and I'm laughing so hard. It's beautiful, thank you so much for translating this.

5. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

Do you know if there's an ebook version of the original? I need to read more in Polish tbh

6. Meagen Image

You can buy the book in Polish off of empik.com or Gandalf. Sadly, no (legal) ebooks as far as I can tell.

7. Meagen Image

Thank you for the kind words! If there's any particular funny bits you'd like to quote, or any particular "I could tell there was a joke there but it doesn't quite click" bits, I'd be interested to know! But no pressure. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice