1. We've been a little overwhelmed with the rate of moderator activity lately, and @rigel drew the short straw. Congratudolences are appreciated, or you could give generously to the memorial fund for his sanity.
    Dismiss Notice

Meatspace Bodies- Why Do You Do The Thing?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by TheMockingCrows, Nov 19, 2015.

1. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident POTSie potato.

If there's already a thread for this somewhere, I'm sorry, I hadn't spotted it off the bat!

I know a lot of folks on the board are not only dealing with brainweird but bodyweird of the "why is this a thing" variety, and I wanted a place to put the WTF things your body is doing from chronic pain to medical conditions causing problems, from surprise injuries and WHY ARE YOU FALLING ASLEEP, GOD, MAKE THE TINGLES STOP. Complain, laugh about it, wonder in awe at how we are all held together with bubblegum and hope.

I'll start this party off.

Shoulder, I'm aware you want to see the world, but trying to divorce the body when I'm trying to sleep isn't helping your fucking case, I'm keeping the kids even if I can't feel them when I first wake up.

Knee? We cool. Hip? I do not need another problem child.

CFS? Sleep schedule is a thing. 15 hour sleep schedule is YOUR thing. Stop slipping that schedule into place without warning, tyvm.

• Like x 5
  2. ZeroEsper

ZeroEsper Well-Known Member

Mine is only temporary so I'm sorry to be whiny but nose and throat, why. Why are you so gross and full of yuck. I feel unpleasant.

Eyes? You have never had pinkeye before yesterday. Why did you feel the need to start??? You better knock that shit off - we're going to the place where we always get sick again so I at least need my vision please!

• Like x 1
  3. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

Thyroid. Bro. Why you gotta be a lazy underactive piece of shit? You see any other organs fucking off and sleeping on the job? NO. GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER.

Autoimmune System. Kicking Thyroid in the tits every couple months is not going to make it stop being a lazy underactive piece of shit. 'S not how it works. Lay the fuck off. All the does is kick it into ultra-high gear for like two days and ain't nobody got time for that.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    • Like x 5
  4. mercurialarchivist

mercurialarchivist Is probably not a video game protagonist

I'm pretty typically annoyed by my inability to sleep? Although I think that's a brain weird... Um. I'm always annoyed by my shoulder clicking when I bring my hand above my shoulder.

5. Lazarae

Lazarae Everything is wrong so why behave?

Dear joints and also probably bones: What the fuck. Stop that. Yes. That. The hurting. Why are you doing that. Why are you doing that ALL THE TIME?

I know why you're mad at me, liver, but it's not my fault. It really isn't. Please stop taking it out on me.

6. Acey

Acey dawn breaks like a fallen vase

Dear joints: Stop aching and popping constantly. Especially you, knees. Fuck you.

Also, fibromyalgia: Fuck off and die, you hideous disorder. I hate you and I hate always hurting and always being tired. >:I

• Like x 1
  7. Ruevian

Ruevian Killer Queen

why does my face look like I peeled the cheese off an overcooked pizza and applied it, still scalding, to my naked flesh??? why this.

I already know why my knees do what they do, and the answer is arthritis at the tender age of Too Young for Fucking Arthritis, What The SHIT. Thanks, genetics.

• Like x 1
  8. Secret Squirrel

Secret Squirrel certainly something

Okay, I understand why my right shoulder hurts. I favor my right arm and don't stretch enough, it makes sense!

So left shoulder, what the fuck are you doing? Why do you hurt when I lean???

9. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap I'm a raging bird

Dear shoulders, what the fuck? I mean, it doesn't really hurt, but I think that's kind of a problem when you randomly dislocate yourselves.

10. TheMockingCrows

Left hand, why did you decide to curl into a claw of despair in the middle of the night? Seriously, it crossed two fingers and hyper-extended my wrist to nestle beneath my body and I didn't notice till the alarm went off that SLEEPING ON A CLAW OF DESPAIR IS PAINFUL.

Jaw, plz stop, I know you're full of icky broken teeth, but there's nothing this country can do that won't potentially kill me, plz hold on.

11. kastilin

kastilin MI CRUSH ASS TA DUST

my left shoulderblade is slowly attempting to make its escape from being attached to my ribcage. why you gotta do this. the crunchy noises when i rotate it are gross. the stretched nerves & muscles are occasionally fun when i need to reach things but are mostly annoying. in conclusion: please stop & go back to where you're supposed to be.

12. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

Spine, I've always wanted to ask and now is as good a time as any. Why did you decide to grow in this alarming curve? I appreciate that you mostly didn't impair my breathing or other function and some occasional pain is the worst symptom I have, but why was it necessary? I'm not angry. I just want to understand you and your choices.

• Like x 4
  13. academicomelette

academicomelette Traveling Chaos Wave

Immune system, could you please learn to differentiate between microbial invaders and synovial cells? Joints are a valued part of this body and are kind of irreplaceable. Plus the drug I use to cudgel you into ceasing your senseless attack on aforementioned cells is expensive and inconvenient. Also, if you could quit attacking my skin, that would be great, but for now I'd be satisfied with you leaving our joints alone.

14. Nertbugs

Nertbugs Information Leafblower

Back of right thigh: What exactly is your problem? I have not bruised you. I have not sprained you. You have not experienced anything traumatic recently. So why do you insist on aching? Left thigh isn't pulling this kind of shit. And that's why left thigh is my favourite.

15. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

Why the fuck did I cough for eight hours straight. I just don't understand

16. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Throat, you don't need to keep telling me that you're itchy. I got the message. And I definitely don't need to get sympathetic itchiness whenever my roommate coughs. We both have colds. If we both feel the need to cough after the other coughs, it's going to create a very unpleasant feedback loop. I do not vote for this okay???

17. TheMockingCrows

I know its rainy and cold ouside, fibro, but I'm not cold and outside in the rain, I'm snug and warm indoors. Please stop with the full body ache, it's.. REALLY bumming me out.

• Like x 1
  18. Aya-non

Aya-non Well-Known Member

Migraines, if you could generally stop volunteering to "join in" every time I get a minor illness that would just be swell. I can figure out I have a cold without your help, I promise.

Also, stomach, please stop. I like eating various things, and stress is part of life, so it would be nice if you did not unpredictably overreact to both of those things with pain? I mean, I am glad that you are not damaging yourself but pain is distracting so stop.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
    • Like x 2
  19. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Bowels, if you could please stop hurting at random intervals, that would be really good. Thanks!

• Like x 1
  20. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

Dear entire digestive system could you please stop freaking the fuck out. It's been over half a year now i have no idea what your problem is and they are shoiving a camera down my throat in the near future to understand why you hate me. PLEASE calm down for a half a week or something that would be neato

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice