1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meatspace Bodies- Why Do You Do The Thing?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by TheMockingCrows, Nov 19, 2015.

1. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident POTSie potato.

that's the thing, i didn't lose circulation at all. my arms didn't go pale or dusky at all. part of me was thinking it was just a temperature drop and like.. peripheral neuropathy or something from another condition of mine acting up in a different way.

2. thegrimsqueaker

thegrimsqueaker 28 Moribunding Mouse Aggravates the Angry Assholes

my sister gave me an upper respiratory plague last week and I'm out of dayquil

• Witnessed x 2
  3. thegrimsqueaker

thegrimsqueaker 28 Moribunding Mouse Aggravates the Angry Assholes

I Have a Sore Throat and I Must Scream

• Witnessed x 2
  4. TheMockingCrows

dear right foot:

idk why you feel twisted. i wasn't on you literally at all yesterday. i was in bed in various positions. why do you still feel pulled today. you hurt so bad i had trouble falling asleep at first: The Fuck. i can't feel if you need to be popped in somehow or what but standing isn't helping, nor is moving around. you just feel out of place and want to scream. i get that but knock it the fuck off.

• Witnessed x 2
  5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I've had intense pain in all my left-side lower teeth all night, for no reason. I had a dentist's appointment last month and everything was fine then; Google suggests gum infection but I checked in the mirror and there's no swelling or discolouration or discharge. I'm worried it might be nerve damage of some sort. Anyone know what it might be?

6. Loq

Loq cursed blue crab pincher

Idk how old you are or whether you've already had them out, but mine did that when my wisdom teeth were coming in.

• Agree x 1
  7. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

28, and I haven't had them taken out but the one on that side grew in ages ago.

8. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Have you been clenching your teeth at all? Usually when I'm having tooth pain, especially consistently across a whole region, it's because I've been clenching and haven't realized.

• Agree x 1
  9. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Possibly. I haven't noticed; I felt fine till I ate dinner last night. Maybe I should go get a night-guard?

10. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Probably a good idea. The problem with clenching is that most of the time you don't notice, so it feels like pain out of nowhere for no good reason. Though if you ate something with a lot of crunch to it, that could have aggravated your teeth too.

11. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Wasn't crunchy, but I did eat slightly overcooked meat.

12. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue CAKE OR DEATH

Might be worth giving the gaps in between your teeth a good clean over with a pick or floss. It's easy to get a particle of meat stuck and it will inflame your gums something chronic; happens to me a lot.

13. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Did so and found a bit; I thought I'd got it last night, evidently not. Eww, I can't clean my own teeth right :( Still a bit sore but not as bad.

• Like x 1
  14. Mossflower

Mossflower Active Member

Something in my left hip keeps popping. It's not painful but every step I take it makes a faint pop that I can hear and feel something shift a bit.

Not sure what it is but it's probably not good.

• Witnessed x 1
  15. TheMockingCrows

friend suggested exercise to help brain fog. so i walked the stairs a good dozen times and did some wall pushups like 2 days ago. here i am today with the storm coming and sleet comin' down gently and my top of my right knee is making high pitched aggressive cat noise levels of pain any time I put weight on it and i know my ankle and top of my foots gonna start soon too. 8I laaaame. LAAAAAME.

ALSO WHILE IM HERE: DEAR FUCKING BODY CAN WE STOP WITH THE RANDOM HOT FLASHES AND 'IT HURTS TO LAY IN ONE SPOT MORE THAN TEN MINUTES' BULLSHIT TRAIN FROM THE LAST MONTH?? THANK.

• Witnessed x 2
  16. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Hey, body. I know that we kinda empathize with Equius, but could we maybe chill a bit on how literal that is right now? It's not even that warm, I've been having to run the space heater periodically to keep from shivering and I'm wrapped in a blanket right now. But apparently what we really need is to sweat so much that I need to turn the water reminder app back on, and seriously think about grabbing a dishtowel to scrub my hands dry and mop up the small puddles of sweat that I'm leaving on my keyboard and mouse.

(Nowhere near the bits that would actually be a problem, mostly. It's mostly just my palms that are sweating buckets. But it's incredibly annoying.)