Meatspace Bodies- Why Do You Do The Thing?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by TheMockingCrows, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Like for the negative panel... I'm sorry that you went through that.

2. anthers

anthers sleepy

It's okay! I was so young I don't remember it at all. Also, you didn't come off condescending or demeaning at all, it would have been very helpful to someone without previous Lyme experience. :>

• Like x 1
  3. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Body, I know that five hours sleep + standing in line waiting for the clinic to open + not having eaten are not a great combination. But was fainting really necessary?

On a related note, I fainted in the goddamn Walmart while waiting for the clinic to open. Twice, I'm pretty sure. I'm glad there were people around the second time, because that was the most baffling shit that I've ever experienced; my vision went grey and I felt shaky, and thought 'hey, maybe I should sit down' and then I was on the floor wondering if I'd fallen asleep - the second time was right after the other lady in line with me got back from the vending machine, and I asked her if I'd been standing up when she left (because, y'know, maybe I just sat down and forgot about it?) and apparently I tipped right the fuck over almost immediately after asking that.

Ambulance rides are not as scary as I thought they'd be, but also I would have been okay with not finding that out first-hand.

• Witnessed x 5
  4. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident POTSie potato.

I AM SO SORRY ARMS AND KNEES, I WILL NEVER FORGET SUNSCREEN EVER AGAIN, FORGIVE ME OH MY GOD

• Witnessed x 4
  5. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

i haven't had a uti since my age was, like...in the single digits
    body pls.
    body why.
    i don't deserve this

• Witnessed x 3
  6. TheMockingCrows

guess who apparently just partially subluxed their shoulder without realizing. this douchebag.

• Witnessed x 5
  7. TheMockingCrows

in continuation of "fuck my shoulder, it's a piece of shit", left hip slipped out again when i was doing stairs so one at a time old lady style down. then right knee started to give out on way up. im falling tf apart tonight, what gives 8llllll

• Witnessed x 5
  8. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

@ my left hip can you please not start doing the same shit as my shoulders? Walking is kinda important.

• Witnessed x 2
  9. TheMockingCrows

idk what this IS but it's happened to me in the past and is happening again and it's happening for like 3 days in a fucking row now and i'm ANNOYED.

it's like... i'm not choking, my throat is not sore, i do not have congestion or a runny nose. but when i swallow my own saliva it's like I'm not swallowing... right...??? like there's not that "oh good, the Thing is gone now and everything in the throat is clear and safe" feeling, it's like the front and middle close but the back doesn't for whatever reason so i keep subconsciously swallowing over and over and Nothing Helps. i'm going nuts. and i'm also wondering if this counts as difficulty swallowing or not, bc i'm not like... having trouble swallowing but i also Am? jfklfdjglfd Displeasure.

• Witnessed x 1
  10. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

why does my fucking arm hurt so fucking much?

11. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

maybe dumb question: do you sleep on your side and this happens to be the arm you're lying on? that can make me sore sometimes.

• Informative x 1
  12. TheMockingCrows

my left fucking shoulder popped out again while at the thrift store and now i can't even tell if it's in or not. ugh.

• Witnessed x 3
  13. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

i dunno.

maybe sometimes.

so i guess that could be why.

14. Lazarae

Lazarae Everything is wrong so why behave?

Veins: could you please cooperate with the vampires? I don't like needles as it is.

Had to get blood drawn today. Already wasn't enthused because 1) needles 2) was kind of dehydrated after waking up covered in sweat so I was pounding water (and nothing but water because fasting, which is 3)) Then they couldn't find my veins, and my blood pressure was reaaally low (not uncommon, especially in the morning) so once they DID manage to get a vein (IN MY HAND) it took forever to get anything.

At least they didn't have to break out the old plunger type needle. Still, the closest I've come to an actual faint since I first started getting blood draws. Had to call grandma in in case I went the rest of the way, but I didn't. Still feel all fuzzy.

• Witnessed x 7
  15. Loq

Loq cursed blue crab pincher

Left shoulder has gone Fucky. But not reliably Fucky, so I can't figure out what I've done to it or what to avoid to let it heal :T

• Witnessed x 5
  16. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Cant sleep cause I feel like shit and probably feel like shit cause I didnt sleep.

• Witnessed x 5
  17. mazarinedrake

mazarinedrake Well-Known Member

Does anyone else have food suddenly taste Wrong and Different when you're having your period? Salty foods tend to taste even better than they normally do, but I had a Pepsi earlier and it tasted so bitter and metallic I could barely get it down. Wonder what that's all about.

18. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Both ankles, my left shoulder, and both wrists are all screaming at me, and I've got that pressure-pain feeling in my bones like a storm's coming through even though the skies are clear. Body pls. Body why.

• Witnessed x 6
  19. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants *cries in sports*

There's a bunch of crap happening just off the Atlantic coast right now, might be a factor?

• Informative x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  20. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

I've been sleeping like shit too, so it might all be coalescing into a clusterfuck, yeah.

• Witnessed x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice