1. We've been a little overwhelmed with the rate of moderator activity lately, and @rigel drew the short straw. Congratudolences are appreciated, or you could give generously to the memorial fund for his sanity.
    Dismiss Notice

Meatspace Bodies- Why Do You Do The Thing?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by TheMockingCrows, Nov 19, 2015.

1. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

my hips ached a lot yesterday 'cause:

1) my body is just Like That, i think

2) my period

ugh

• Witnessed x 2
  2. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

and okay:

3) a lot of walking

but still, i think it was mostly the first two things causing the issue

3. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

My sacroiliac ligaments are attempting a bilateral coup on my lower back and I hate it.

• Witnessed x 3
  4. Musarex

Musarex Active Member

Dear visual cortex: I know I have a lazy eye, and I know it's hard to contextualize the input from it when you're tired. And I totally get that double vision is the best you can do when that happens; that's fine. But if you could stick to the classic one-thing-in-two-places style of double vision, rather than two-things-in-one-place, that would be awesome.

Dear auditory cortex: contrary to popular belief, I actually do not have a high-speed dentist's drill hanging above my head 24/7. So if you could kindly STFU, that would be great too.

• Witnessed x 4
  5. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

A possibly placebo solution for tinnitus i use is putting my fingers in my ears for a few moments. The pressure seems to help.

• Informative x 2
  6. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident POTSie potato.

[​IMG]

• Agree x 12
    • Witnessed x 1
  7. TheMockingCrows

cubital tunnel syndrome is stupid. my ring finger and pinky on right arm and all the way to my elbow is weak, keeps going numb, and aches deep down. 8llllll
    this is.... stupid. 8l

• Witnessed x 3
  8. Misty Pond

Misty Pond Miss Complains-a-Lot

my hips won't stop aching for whatever reason and I am dying. please I already have enough on my plate rn

• Witnessed x 4
  9. TheMockingCrows

verapamil seems to be settling out but it has New Side Effect that i do not like: frequent urination. and it's not just a trickle. it's. a fair amount. orz Hghhhh i don't like this I KEEP GOING AND IT DON'T STOP, I NEED TO WORK ON A COMMISSION BODY, BLEASE LET ME DO SO WITHOUT FEELING LIKE MY BACK TEETH ARE FLOATIN'

10. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Why the fuck do my lower front teeth have brown stains on them? They just spontaneously appeared after I forgot to brush my teeth for like two days, won't come off, and don't look like cavities (which I've never gotten, I guess I got really lucky with my plaque strains).

• Witnessed x 1
  11. mazarinedrake

mazarinedrake Well-Known Member

I just got diagnosed with that yesterday in my left arm, and now I have to wear a foam tube with a splint in it on my arm when I sleep. ;_; this suuuuuucks

(I was also told that I have unstable, "Gumbie" joints, meaning there's no surgical cure for the pain in my right thumb ;___; which is my drawing thumb ;____; luckily I got a new brace for that hand that doesn't restrict my fingers and wrists so much, so I can keep drawing. Just with more breaks)

• Witnessed x 2
  12. TheMockingCrows

im looking forward to some kind of help bc mine has been acting up all week @x@

13. mazarinedrake

mazarinedrake Well-Known Member

You could maybe try wrapping some towels around your arm and inside the crook of your elbow to keep you from bending it in your sleep? That's the point of my tube, basically.

• Informative x 1
  14. TheMockingCrows

was doing some intense stretching because 1. it feels good and 2. i need to and 3. god its been ages since i felt the tops of my thighs/front of my hips stretch and they were aching?? but normal stretches do nothing so i just. folded my legs back so my tops of my legs under me then off to the sides and laid back a few times and it felt good? felt great. waited a while, did it again. got kinda locked in position bc left leg stiffer for some reason, realized i couldn't stay in pose or i'd injure myself.

injured self anyway.

dear body: when i'm trying to extricate myself from a stupid position i got myself into in an attempt to be comfortable, please don't just let my leg go fucking sideways. my good leg especially. i need that.

• Witnessed x 1
  15. TheMockingCrows

update: IN THE FUCKING BRACE it snapped sideways again. i think its in the right pose now? idk? no idea. took ibuprofen. 8l

• Witnessed x 3
  16. thegrimsqueaker

thegrimsqueaker 28 Moribunding Mouse Aggravates the Angry Assholes

I fell partway down the stairs yesterday and my jaw hit the metal railing and now everything is pain and I bit a small hole in the inside of my lip

• Witnessed x 5
  17. shmeed

shmeed plant me

body i know we probably have narcolepsy but please stop with the microsleeping its alarming and inappropriate
    edit: or hey maybe its just the characteristic 'sleep attacks' and this is just my life

2 days later update
    that was less narcolepsy and more just catching a sick

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    • Witnessed x 2
  18. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Nervous system, what even the fuck are you. Chronic anxiety, I understand, but PICK a logical time to flood my system with adrenaline plz.

I often fall asleep listening to ghost stories and have a very high tolerance of creepy movies, but I just had to quit watch Great British Bake Off because it gave me a panic attack.

WHY.

• Witnessed x 4
  19. Jove

Jove RETURN THE SLAB

Body, make up your damn mind. Why the hell are you now suddenly giving me panick attacks right as I'm about to fall asleep? What purpose does this serve? You are making the sleep attacks worse, you dumb meat suit. Narcolepsy is bad enough, don't do this to me after I've finally been able to sleep the whole night through the last couple of days.

This is just ridiculous.

EDIT: Also, body, you are going to make getting to my sleep doc appointment and in general my entire day suck. Insomnia wasn't enough for you? Then, sure, I guess asthma, arthritis, and PCOS flare ups are fine. You do you, I guess, because apparently there's no stopping you.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    • Witnessed x 5
  20. TheMockingCrows

body i know you're upset
    i understand
    we did kinda get a hole punched in our bone yesterday
    but uh. if you could lighten the fuck up so i could like. use my leg again without screaming.
    that'd be goddamn amazing.

• Witnessed x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice