1. We've been a little overwhelmed with the rate of moderator activity lately, and @rigel drew the short straw. Congratudolences are appreciated, or you could give generously to the memorial fund for his sanity.
    Dismiss Notice

Meatspace Bodies- Why Do You Do The Thing?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by TheMockingCrows, Nov 19, 2015.

1. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

Sciatica being a literal pain in my butt :/

• Witnessed x 2
  2. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident POTSie potato.

leg i know you were pretty badly assaulted recently with the whole surgery thing but can you like.. not??? as much?? as you're doing rn?? all the swelling above the knee is bullshit, and the keeping me from getting to the bathroom with the OTHER leg and limbs is stupid too between your ouch and their weakness. let me go to the toilet and i will be a happy camper. 8llll just. let me do this thing. give me the peace to do this thing. i Want to do this thing. i NEED to do this thing.

• Witnessed x 4
  3. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Mouth, why is the mint toothpaste making you sting? It shouldn't be stingy, I know that much. So now I gotta test with a cup of mint tea whether or not I need to remove mint from the things I can safely put in my body.

Which means I have to try and figure out how much 'mildly tingly' is normal, and whether or not I'm reacting like I should to the tea. (Which is harder, because 1) tired, 2) throat is sore and I'm pretty sure I've caught a cold, and 3) one of the things mint does is 'tingly followed by cool numbness' which makes it harder to tell if it's just Normal or if I'm actually having a reaction.)

4. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

If it's at all helpful, i've never had a tingly sensation from mint before.

• Like x 1
  5. turtleDove

It does help, yeah. The tea was a little tingly, but there wasn't any stinging. So whatever's causing the stinginess is in the toothpaste and isn't the mint.

6. Deresto

Deresto According to all known laws of aviation, there is

Do you use paste or gel? Because swapping one for the other as a test (if you can) might be beneficial.

7. turtleDove

Paste, I think? The "Tom of Maine's" spearmint with fluoride. I used the non-mint, non-fluoride one we have (because Hummingbird is allergic to mint) and it was fine asides from fennel being a godawful flavour for toothpaste. I rinsed with non-alcohol mint mouthwash that has fluoride in, and that did sting a bit. So idek at this point? It could even just be "my dental hygiene is awful and needs to step up A Lot".

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice