1. We've been a little overwhelmed with the rate of moderator activity lately, and @rigel drew the short straw. Congratudolences are appreciated, or you could give generously to the memorial fund for his sanity.
    Dismiss Notice

Meatspace Bodies- Why Do You Do The Thing?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by TheMockingCrows, Nov 19, 2015.

1. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

Sciatica being a literal pain in my butt :/

• Witnessed x 2
  2. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident POTSie potato.

leg i know you were pretty badly assaulted recently with the whole surgery thing but can you like.. not??? as much?? as you're doing rn?? all the swelling above the knee is bullshit, and the keeping me from getting to the bathroom with the OTHER leg and limbs is stupid too between your ouch and their weakness. let me go to the toilet and i will be a happy camper. 8llll just. let me do this thing. give me the peace to do this thing. i Want to do this thing. i NEED to do this thing.

• Witnessed x 4
  3. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Mouth, why is the mint toothpaste making you sting? It shouldn't be stingy, I know that much. So now I gotta test with a cup of mint tea whether or not I need to remove mint from the things I can safely put in my body.

Which means I have to try and figure out how much 'mildly tingly' is normal, and whether or not I'm reacting like I should to the tea. (Which is harder, because 1) tired, 2) throat is sore and I'm pretty sure I've caught a cold, and 3) one of the things mint does is 'tingly followed by cool numbness' which makes it harder to tell if it's just Normal or if I'm actually having a reaction.)

4. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

If it's at all helpful, i've never had a tingly sensation from mint before.

• Like x 1
  5. turtleDove

It does help, yeah. The tea was a little tingly, but there wasn't any stinging. So whatever's causing the stinginess is in the toothpaste and isn't the mint.

6. Deresto

Deresto Your Friendly Neighborhood Hypocrite

Do you use paste or gel? Because swapping one for the other as a test (if you can) might be beneficial.

7. turtleDove

Paste, I think? The "Tom of Maine's" spearmint with fluoride. I used the non-mint, non-fluoride one we have (because Hummingbird is allergic to mint) and it was fine asides from fennel being a godawful flavour for toothpaste. I rinsed with non-alcohol mint mouthwash that has fluoride in, and that did sting a bit. So idek at this point? It could even just be "my dental hygiene is awful and needs to step up A Lot".

8. Pulled a calf muscle, ow ow ow, ow, ow, ow

• Witnessed x 4
  9. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

me: eats anything at work
    my stomach: >:( im anxious why are you giving me food

• Witnessed x 2
  10. TheMockingCrows

my leg: doing amazingly well! no pain when walking or standing for the most part! inspires desire to walk MORE!
    my sacroiliac: aaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Witnessed x 6
  11. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

sacroilliacs are little fucknuts like that

• Agree x 4
  12. turtleDove

My face and digestive system: ah, we've been in The Stressful House for more than 5 hours. Time to express our deep objections to this!

(I may be exaggerating slightly, but I don't think it was more than a day before my face started flaking and peeling again, and it had recovered nicely after about two days at my parents'.)

• Witnessed x 2
  13. TheMockingCrows

sudden back pain so intense it left me breathless and terrified to move. happened once, quick as being shocked with electricity across the spine and part of my back muscles, then stopped. then happened again when i moved. idk wtf is going on with that, but back, be nice to be. i need to pee and i wanted to get a snack and i can't do this shit if you're threatening to shock and kill me on the stairs. >:U

• Witnessed x 4
  14. turtleDove

Dear body, who decided that the appropriate response to melatonin is "feel like you're drunk, except without the happy-fun buzz"? Feeling like I might tip over if I'm not careful is not enjoyable and I'd very much like it to stop please.

• Witnessed x 1
  15. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

I got super fucking drunk this weekend, while having a sinus infection, and basically got so dehydrated i briefly went blind. You know that thing that happens when you stand up too fast and your vision goes black for a second? That, but I was sitting down with a bottle of water and it lasted for a good two minutes. I'm kind of glad I was trash-ass drunk at the time because if not I would have freaked out, and screaming probably wouldn't have helped the situation at all.

• Witnessed x 3
  16. turtleDove

Me: is this gas or do I need the washroom?
    Body: surprise, it's cramps!

I've taken an extra strength motrin (we have no midol, couldn't find any at the store when I looked) and it's not really doing much beyond making my head hurt less. Uterus and lower back? Still pitching fits.

• Witnessed x 6
  17. TheMockingCrows

coconut oil on my upper lip and nostrils because everything is just raw cracked awful skin and it's bright flaming red and i'm super frustrated its been days and its not lessening. stupid cold.

also.
    i also keep having that "i need to go to the bathroom" feeling, like i'm going to wet myself even though i'm not. but it also feels like there's been?? leaks??? i've no idea when the leaks could have happened or if they're actually leaks or not and its frustrating and embarrassing but i know its a common issue with some of my problems and i've been really lucky to not have much of an issue till now but im still just. fingers crossed Please God Not This Too.

• Witnessed x 1
  18. TheMockingCrows

i fucked uuuuuup

i was inking all night and didn't stop and take breaks like a sane person, so now my hand hurts, my fingers hurt, my arm hurts, my elbow did the pressure slip and doesn't wanna go back in and that's pinching that nerve and making my pinky and ring finger kinda numb

;V; mercy. have mercy.

• Witnessed x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice