Memory Donk

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by Deresto, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Dont particularly want to make a new thread for this but can't find anywhere else to fit it

How worried should I be that I've started to have severe short term memory loss? To the point where I'll be intently listening to someone saying something important (usually work related recently) that I cannot recall as short as a minute later? I can even look at notes and not remember writing them sometimes, but I must've because it's in my handwriting. I don't always remember what day it is, or what I need to be doing. Sometimes I just stop, like physically stop and not know what I was doing

I'm not too upset with it mostly, and even sometimes think "I'm not going to remember this soon" and then I don't. I have been told I often ask the same question multiple times, or ask a question about something I was just told, and honestly that doesn't feel great.

I'm not ignoring anyone, I just genuinely cannot recall things no matter how hard I try

I still have a decent semblance of long term memory though, I like to think. I can remember a work day I have coming up that was decided months ago, I'm going over on a Saturday to clean out a container. I can remember that the server at a work class I took several weeks ago ran out of spaghetti, but not anything to do with the class even though it was all really cool.

It sometimes takes triggers too, like certain smells or sounds mostly. It's... Confusing. Am I just describing life or do I need to talk about this?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice