Messages From A Tangled Web 18+

Discussion in 'Fade To Black [18+]' started by Winglord, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Winglord

Winglord Vasar Ketutara

Hello?
    Is this thing working?
    Hello, my name is Vasar Ketutara, not that that is going to mean anything to anyone. I´ll answer your questions if you answer some of mine, deal?

This is an askblog style thread in the same vein as the old Jasper one or the current Peridot one. It is set in the world of The Black Jewels Trilogy and is therefore 18+.This mean humans not characters. I will put triggery shit under spoilers, but I wanna play it safe. You can ask Vasar questions or tell them things as yourself or a character.

• Like x 1
  2. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants *cries in sports*

How did you get here?

3. Winglord

Winglord Vasar Ketutara

Hello! Are you an Archivist here?
    I followed some really weird dreams I´ve been having and found this archive or whatever it is that seems to be recording them. Finding a way to add to it was a pain in the ass since it won´t accept spoken input. I had to build a typewriter into a tangled web.
    What is here anyway? I´m guessing an archive but I can´t find any rhyme or reason in the records. Literary analysis and black widow craft I can see but how do pictures of cats and dogs figure into either of those?
    Well that´s two questions so I guess I owe you one now.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  4. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants *cries in sports*

I'm not sure what an Archivist is in this context, so I guess not! It's a social space, at least for me - people from lots of different places can interact. People share cats and dogs because they make people happy, no more or less. There's a lot of space and information available, so it's okay to use it for frivolous stuff.

A second question, hmmm... I guess my biggest one would be... what's a tangled web? It doesn't seem like something that I think of when I think web.

5. Winglord

Winglord Vasar Ketutara

So it´s what, sending letters to everyone at once by Craft? Fascinating.
    A tangled web is a spell used for divination. So called because it involves creating a web as a focus. They can be very general or, as this one is, very specific, looking at the answer to a single question.

6. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Is it a literal web or is that more of a metaphorical term? ( also hi)

7. Winglord

Winglord Vasar Ketutara

Hi to you too.
    It´s a literal web, usually made in a frame so it can be stored if necessary.
    Are you an actual owl? I haven´t heard of kindred owls but considering this place it would be silly of me to declare they don´t exist.

• Like x 1
  8. TheOwlet

so like a weaving frame?
    I'm not, though I do like owls very much. This is just the alias i go by in many place on the internet (do you know what the internet is?). Not going by one's real name/face is usually safer (and owls are very cute)

9. Winglord

Winglord Vasar Ketutara

I can appreciate the desire for anonymity. I think the internet is some sort of web. It seems to connect this place and something called tumbl[e]r, which sounds like Hayl if Hayl managed to get even more up it´s own ass somehow. So a huge permanent communication spell?

10. TheOwlet

it is sometimes called the 'world wide web' so you're not wrong. I wouldn't per se call it a spell because it's something technological but frankly I don't know enough about the code beyond it so it might as well be arcane mysteries to me.
    What's a Hayl (not a website, i assume?), but if it's worse than tumblr's...everything, it's gotta be intense and not in a good way.

11. Winglord

Winglord Vasar Ketutara

It spans an entire world? Mother Night! I can´t think of any man made spell that does that. That depends on what exactly a website is. If I´m right and it´s this place, then no. Hayl is a country, or was. I don´t think there´s a lot left of it. I´m not sure if it´s worse, that depends on what happens to the people who get accused of crimes all the time.

12. TheOwlet

I mean I assume there's no internet reception at the bottom of the ocean, but most places that have people and electricity also have internet in one form or the other.
    A website is..well this forum here, for example. Or tumblr, that's also a website. The worst thing to happen to people accused of 'crimes' there is usually that an angry mod drives them off the website, though occasionally things have splashed over into the 'real' world, what with employers or family getting called if someone's private information gets out. It can be pretty messy, but people usually don't die of it. I think.
    I assume crimes in Hayl didn't go over like that.

13. Winglord

Winglord Vasar Ketutara

No not really. Lets just say people did die and leave it at that.
    What is electricity, aside from lightening? I assume you don´t have constant thunderstorms but then maybe I shouldn´t.

14. TheOwlet

Yeah that's what I suspected.
    Hmmm, how explain... you know when you wear a wool pullover and then you touch something and get a little zing because you gave yourself a static charge? basically you can do that on a really really large scale (and not with wool pullovers, but like giant wind mills?) and the charge can be fed through cables to transport it to other places and power objects there. Like the machine I use to access the internet and talk to you ^^

i think people have tried using actual lightning before and it didn't work out well, as you can imagine.

15. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I see what you mean. It could be done, but it would require so much effort that frankly it´s easier to just use Craft.

16. TheOwlet

Provided you got any, yeah. People where i am gotta do without.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice