Might as well then, and we'll see (tw)

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by BlackholeKG, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

Okay can people post information here as it comes in

• Like x 1
  2. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

There may not be much for a while if she's going to a hospital.

3. Secret Squirrel

Secret Squirrel certainly something

She's at a waiting room (ER I think?) waiting for someone who can help her. The police seem kind of dismissive and there might not be a ward at this hospital for her to stay at. She might have to wait until there is someone on staff who can talk to her about what to do re: treatment.

4. Technicality

I know, but when it does I want to know how she's doing

5. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

Looks like I'm going to be waiting for a while... Phone about to lose power. Talk soon.

• Like x 6
  6. Technicality

You're OK! Hang in there, we're here for you

7. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

With any luck someone there might have a charger? I'd think they would.

8. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

*hugs everyone in this thread*

9. BlackholeKG

Hi, I'm back.

I didn't get admitted onto a ward, and to be honest I'm sort of relieved that I wasn't. I was waiting for ages, and by the time I was being seen I was exhausted and hungry and just wanted to get back to a computer. With sporadic breaks (for instance to have my blood pressure taken by the nurse) I was in the waiting room for six straight hours (bad and naughty suicidals get sent to sit on the plastic waiting room chairs to atone for their attempts), and then was sitting in a curtained off cubicle for something like another three. One in the waiting room had been sitting there for something close to 8 hours when I was called. Luckily, I had a book I read a little (thanks packed bag), and briefly napped uncomfortably in my chair. I had my vitals taken twice, but there was nothing much physically wrong with me - I didn't have to drink charcoal or anything, etc. I did feel a little... weird, but that mostly wore off while I was waiting, and while I did get a few stomach twinges that could just as likely been caused by the fact I hadn't been eating than by the ibuprofen - 2g is seemingly pretty benign. They also took my blood to check my kidneys, but I guess that turned out okay because they released saying I was physically fine.

The main mental health assessment was done by two of the crisis team, who were the York hospital equivalent of the campus people I saw before, and had copies of their notes. However, maybe because they were hospital staff, these two (well, one, I think the other person was actually a student) were better, I feel. Or maybe I just had an easier time speaking to them after I'd been softened up by 9 hours of waiting time. Anyway, they took a bunch of notes, and again recommended that I seek counselling with the Open Doors service at uni. However, this time we also discussed antidepressants, and they told me that they'd fax over their report on this to the GP at the uni clinic, and mention that they'd recommended I go there for an antidepressant prescription, which I'll to tomorrow. That felt a lot more productive, so I'm reasonably happy with that. I don't think me going to the mental health ward was strictly required, and I'm fairly happy to be back in my dorm room to be honest.

Anyway, now I'm going to rest for the rest of the day, and then write a friendly email to my lecturers explaining why I've missed two days worth of sessions. Oh, and then at some point in the future I'll need to sort things out about the curtain rail I broke, which I've currently temporarily rigged back up, but which is precarious.

Anyway, yes, I'll rest now, because I'm exhausted. Also, I have the rest of one of the largest lunches I've ever purchased to consume (not eating for upwards of 36 hours makes me understandably hungry).

Thank you guys for all the support... I can't understate how much I appreciate it. I think it's probably a good thing that I've been seen and assessed and am probably soon going to be described antidepressants, and more generally that I've now sought help and am in the system in that regard, as it were, and I don't think I could have done that with you guys. Thank you so much, and I'm really sorry if I caused anybody any real stress or upset, or if I cost you all money in expensive international calls... thank you.

//hugs

• Like x 22
  10. Ducks

Ducks 79 Plural Fowl Illuminates The Legendary

I'm so glad you got to see someone who's taken you seriously. Sleep well and don't stress yourself.

• Like x 4
  11. BlackholeKG

I'll probably watch a show for a bit while I eat, and then lie in bed for a bit, yeah. I'll be skipping the seminar tonight although I'm sure my teachers will understand once I email them.

• Like x 1
  12. esotericPrognosticator

esotericPrognosticator still really excited about kobolds tbqh

please take care of yourself, Josie! I was asleep when you started this thread and didn't see it till just now, but I want to let you know that I care about you and want you to be okay. you don't deserve to feel so terrible. you've done nothing wrong. also, I left all that makeup I collected for you at home because I built up a block about categorizing it all, but I'm going home Saturday and if you'd like I can just ship it to you then without writing up a cargo manifest and you can just use what you like when it gets there? or I can make myself write up the list, lol. let me know if there's anything else I can send you that'd make you feel better, okay? and please go hug something for me; it always make me feel better and it might do for you too. I usually hug my knees but I'm weirdly flexible, so a pillow or plushie would work just as well. :3

edit: I gotta go to class now so I probably won't be able to chat right away, but I'll be checking up here periodically, okay? and you can always PM me if you want. [hugs if wanted]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    • Like x 5
  13. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

I'm glad you're still alive, Josie. Please take care.

• Like x 5
  14. Technicality

Stay safe. We care about you.

• Like x 5
  15. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

As I said on AfterDark, any upset I might have felt pales in comparison to knowing you're getting help and feeling better. You're a good bean and the world would be a sadder place for the loss of you. Take lots of care of yourself, you're great and you're taking steps in a good direction <3

• Like x 6
  16. Hatchback

Hatchback ... he is just fine again today

I'm so happy for you, Josie. I'm proud of you. Good luck, I hope the antidepressants help you plenty.

• Like x 4
  17. Xitaqa

Xitaqa Secretly awesome

I am so glad you're still with us, Josie! I'm glad you have a plan to get more help.

• Like x 3
  18. evilas

evilas Sure, I'll put a custom title here

I'm so glad, Josie!
    You're gonna be okay.

• Like x 2
  19. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I'm so glad you're still here. :')

• Like x 1
  20. pixels

pixels hiatus / only back to vent

josie, words cannot encapsulate how fucking happy i am. like, part of this outcome is antidepressants. that's incredible!

how's your mouth feeling? remember to drink a lot of water.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice