Might need to re-home my dog

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by bornofthesea670, Nov 4, 2018.

1. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

I work about 40 hours a week and with that, stress of family, and overall lack of spoons due to depression/anxiety/potential other shit I can't give him as much exercise as he needs. So he spends most of his time in a kennel.. And he is destructive due to being bored so often, and I really can't afford that. I hate having to do this, but it's becoming a real stressor for me and I know I won't be able to afford my own place anytime soon, and having a bored dog in my own place won't help much either if he's pulling at the wallpaper or the carpet. Or chewing on furniture.

He has every shot that the vet recommended except kennel cough because I thought i wouldn't need it, and he's been neutered. He is potty trained when he isn't sick because of eating something he shouldn't have, and with the right collar he can be walked pretty easily. He's friendly, clever, and a handsome pup.

I really don't want to get rid of him but I really can't afford him anymore.. And I don't want him ending up being euthanized because they couldn't home him in a week. I'm in the Morgantown area of West Virginia, and I don't know how far all the teeny little towns are from each other, so if anyone knows of any somewhat-nearby no kill shelters, please let me know. Only one I've found for Morgantown is Animal Friends.

• Witnessed x 8
  2. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

Things are calmer now, I was anxious when I posted that, and I'm hoping I can keep my goober. Keeping a hawk's eye on him though.

• Like x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice