Moderation protocol question/request

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by hoarmurath, May 21, 2015.

1. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Edited community guidelines to add a thing.

2. BPD anon

BPD anon Here I sit, broken hearted

Then I'll leave for a different reason: I don't want to be in a place where there's people who don't like me. It makes me want to die and maybe I should. And of course you have the right to not like me. I know that. It just means I am evil and unlike able and should leave bc I don't want tostay where people know I'm evil and should die

3. BPD anon

Why I thought I could be a member of this forum in the first place I don't know. It was me being an idiot

4. seebs

I don't think it means that, though? Some people are just incompatible. Not necessarily anything wrong with either of them. I have a fair number of friends who don't get along, and can think of a couple of cases where one of them hates the other.

And I recognize that just the fact of a person not liking you is really upsetting, but it's one of those things you'll likely eventually have to deal with at least some, because the world is full of people with conflicting tastes or emotional needs.

• Like x 1
  5. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

kiddo, you're splitting real hard right now.

please do something for me. i'd like you to go get a drink of water, and drink it slowly. do some stretches or go for a short walk, or otherwise do some light exercise. then come back and try again.

it's going to be ok, and we will definitely work this out. we just can't do it while you're mid-meltdown. *hugs*

• Like x 2
  6. BPD anon

I should die people will always not like me I should die due die die die die

7. seebs

I recommend gradual oxidation. Takes about 70ish years typically and widely believed to be responsible for all human suffering.

• Like x 6
  8. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

@BPD anon

No one here thinks you're evil or that you should die. I know that I like you, even with your outbursts. You are mid meltdown and really, really need to take some deep breaths and get a drink of water. What @jacktrash said to do is a very, very good idea. Please, I do care for your well being but we can't do much while you're mid-meltdown.

• Like x 1
  9. BPD anon

Why should I care for my well being??? There's no point if good decent wonderful people know how awful I am

10. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

Spoiler. We all know how you are and what you do. Quite a few of us like you anyway.

11. seebs

That's sorta splitting again. There are people I don't like, but don't think are bad people; I just don't get along with them. Similarly, there's people I think are sort of bad in some ways, but whom I personally like. It's complicated.

12. BPD anon

Their reasoning was sound and proved I am evil.

13. jacktrash

@BPD anon would you go drink a glass of water for me please?

14. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

@BPD anon
    I don't think I saw anything anywhere that proved you were evil.

15. seebs

I must have missed something. I didn't see anything proving you to be evil.

My practical advice: We could do the full moderation thing, and that would (according to the person who seems to have been the one most upset) resolve the issue and make things happier, and also allow you to continue interacting with people here. Or we could do something else.

FWIW, I'm about to head out for a few hours, so nothing will happen tonight in any event. And if you do decide you need to leave, feel free to come back later if you feel like giving it a try again. I can try to figure out how moderation stuff works on here.

16. rorleuaisen

rorleuaisen Frozen Dreamer

Hey @BPD anon I know you don't trust or like your self right now, but what makes you think we are all decent wonderful people? Do you think none of us has every acted out or hurt someone else? Seriously, I've lied, stolen, cheated, hurt people, and a bunch of other unpleasant and totally bad things. So don't start putting people people in the "decent wonderful" box and the "evil" box. We don't fit. I don't. You don't. No one does.

If you need to take a break, that's okay. Just know that if/when you come back, you are welcome and wanted.

• Like x 4
  17. BPD anon

No, you guys don't hurt people, or at least not as much as i do, or I would have seen you blow up on the forums as well

18. Lissa Lysik'an

Lissa Lysik'an Dragon-loving Faerie

@BPD anon : Nope - I used to blow up just as cruelly and meanly. Should have seen me on the old Darwin Awards forum - my explosions were not good at all. Since I can't control them, I have people who watch out for me and when they see the signs of impending explosion find ways to defuse it and/or remove access to the net where someone might get hurt. Doesn't mean I don't still have the lack of control, just means the rest of the world is protected from it :)

• Like x 1
  19. jacktrash

beeps, i used to get in physical fights all the time. i used to break bones. it took years of steady work to control my anger issues and work through things. just because it's in the past doesn't mean it didn't happen.

you'll get through this. this panic will ebb, and you'll be able to think again. this too shall pass.

deep breaths. drink of water. it'll be okay.

20. rorleuaisen

rorleuaisen Frozen Dreamer

I beg to differ. I hurt people in a different way then you. I'm not very present online. You don't see what I have done IRL. I'm not going to put them here, because this is not a pissing contest. This is not about who is worse.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice