Moderation protocol question/request

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by hoarmurath, May 21, 2015.

1. name

name Member

@BPD anon I noticed you weren't posting as much and I missed you. We aren't all better off without you!

• Like x 2
  2. hoarmurath

hoarmurath Thor's Hammer

@BPD anon

I have no idea at all what you think of me, I keep presuming that because I raised the moderation issue, you probably don't like me very much and I am fine with that. But I was also wondering why you were not posting and if something was wrong. I simply did not feel it would be appropriate of me to contact you privately or to ask others, because it would seem strange since I am assuming you don't like me much and I don't know what you think of people contacting you privately if/when you don't like them.

I have also said at least once that I do not think you are evil and I do not agree when you position yourself as the singular bad/evil/uncool person and the rest of us as good. You know better than that, since I have seen you be impressively perceptive about things when you post. Many people on Kintsugi have done bad things. I have as well. I am not comfortable with outlining them in this forum, because I do not agree with people having to legitimise their statements by outlining their deeds or suffering.

While I don't agree with Seebs' notions of "no one is unacceptable" because for me criminals and unrepentant people are, you are not an unacceptable person for me. You show that you do not want to hurt people with your splitting and afaik you haven't done any criminal things to anyone. It's fine too to want to hurt people, but it matters that you try not to. I want to hurt people too sometimes, but I can generally hold myself back.

I agree now that permabanning people from Kintsugi has no point and I do not wish for you to leave. I don't agree with some things you say or do, but that is how the world works. We don't have to agree on things or to even like each other to respect the fact that both of us have the right to be here.

I am personally not sure about how you talk about Luka and feel about him, because I do not know if you do it because he is who he is, or because you have a tendency to do that. I don't want it to happen that an unscrupulous person starts to manipulate you. You have said some of your attitude towards Luka is because of the BPD and I simply do not know enough about it/the situation to be sure that other people cannot use your tendency to care a lot about someone and their opinions of you to manipulate and hurt you.

I think sometimes you are very literal and black/white in your opinions and assumptions, which can make things harder for you, because a lot of social communication is based on nuance and small things that not everyone can learn instinctively. That is an unfair thing and while I personally do my best to read you in good faith, not everyone will do that.

I think a lot of what happened in the ethics committee is that people cannot generally communicate well when they are upset and hurt. And sometimes people just genuinely don't understand.

And I personally try not to talk to you because I really disagree with some of your general philosophies (the joss whedon thread springs to mind), and I don't feel that there is much we could talk about that could be fun and not stressful for us. Which is okay! It does not make you a worse person just because some people don't want to talk to you. A lot of people don't want to talk to me either, I think!

Please tell me if you are interested in me clarifying anything about this post or if anything is confusing to you. English is not my first language and while that does not excuse a lot of things, I suspect that there might also be something in my cadence/writing style that comes across differently than I intend for it to. Right now my intentions are to explain my behavior and opinions about you, in the case that you have intrusive thoughts of me hating you/wanting you gone/wanting to hurt you. I want this post to stand as a statement from the horse's mouth, as it were.

Please don't PM me, just reply here. I won't reply if you do, because such PMs make my anxiety very bad.

• Like x 2
  3. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

Hey there, I might be late to the party discussion-wise, but if you're still looking for an Euro-time mod, I'd be happy to empty the moderation queue a couple of times in my morning-to-lunchtime.

4. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Joke commentary (I am fine with this being deleted/spoilered if this thread is intended to stay very on-topic)

but how can you mod from euro-time if you're Luka's sock puppet?

• Like x 4
  5. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

As Luka's headmate, I am a Totally Legit Separate Entity, honest.

• Like x 10
  6. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

hey seebs, do we need a euro time mod?

i don't generally find stuff waiting in the queue when i get up, so i think everyone who's on moderation rn is on a similar time zone to ours.

7. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

I don't think it's especially urgent.

8. Allenna

Allenna I am not a Dragon. Or a Robot. Really.

Request to be taken off moderation?

9. albedo

albedo metasperg

@seebs Is it possible to be moderated on the WITNESS ME subforum? I'm not concerned about posting rude things, but I'd like to be unable to see the forum, to remove the temptation to look at things that will trigger me.

(Cancer-related PTSD is a dick. =_= Y'all aren't doing anything bad, it is great that the forum is there, I just can't stop peeking out of morbid curiosity and then getting upset.)

10. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

I think so, yeah. Lemme see what I can do.

EDIT: It should now be invisible to you, I think?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  11. albedo

albedo metasperg

@seebs Yep, it's invisible. Thank you!!

12. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

Is there any way to keep someone from making extra accounts so they can get around moderation in order to try to kill people?

13. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

Don't have much to say or suggest right now, but chiming in to agree that that was fucked the hell up and needs to be addressed sooner rather than later.

14. Ipuntya

Ipuntya your purple friend

would it be possible to make moderation apply directly to the ips of those being moderated? it's by no means a perfect solution, for sure, but it think it would at least make it a little more difficult for

well, that

to happen again

15. albedo

albedo metasperg

Uh. What happened?

16. Ipuntya

you can find the entire debacle in the did debate thread, but there was an issue involving a moderated user creating alternate account to threaten and suicide bait people

17. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

I sassed BPD anon, so she made another account to get around moderation and made a pretty spirited effort to get me to kill myself. Then said she'd do it herself along with everyone I loved. Then called everyone present worthless freaks.

Apparently I'm overreacting to this.

18. Ipuntya

@OnnaStik i think there was also something about judaism being the only good religion, i didn't see that one coming while reading through the thread

• Like x 4
  19. albedo

albedo metasperg

Oh, jeez.That's no good. /hugs @OnnaStik.

• Like x 2
  20. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

@OnnaStik *hugs* beeps was a total asshole there, and i get why you responded the way you did. and the way she was acting, it probably wouldn't have done much good if you had reacted differently. and you did manage not to stoop to her level. beeps' inability to stop being mean was the problem there, not anything you did.

• Like x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice