Money Advice Needed: Not Sure If I Did A Thing Right

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by missoyashirou, Dec 12, 2015.

1. missoyashirou

missoyashirou Someone please give me a tiny dog to play with

Alright, so let me explain the background on this: recently, I got 80% accepted for an apartment. The only reason why it's still in wait at the moment is an old defaulted loan I found out about on Tuesday. I contacted the creditor for the loan, and paid the amount in full over the phone, via a check, with the explanation that I would receive confirmation that this was paid off in three to five business days. I wanted to have the confirmation faxed, but the creditors declined and said they would send physical mail instead.

The confirmation has not arrived yet. This normally wouldn't be too much of a worry for me since the mail service is a bit slow in my area and I am expecting as late as Monday or Tuesday, but the check has not cleared yet. I've checked every day, and the amount that was supposed to be deducted on Tuesday remains in my account. I called the creditor on Friday and they said that the balance was now at zero, so I'm not sure if it's my bank (Wells Fargo, for what it's worth) lagging on posting the credit, or if there's something sketchy with the creditor. If it is something sketchy, is there anything I can do?

I just want to have this paid off so I can move in. Literally, all I need is this one piece of confirmation and I'm all set to move. It's just killing me because I've been checking for the confirmation and nothing, nor is the money actually moving in the bank.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice