Mood Tracking Apps

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by Codeless, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

How do they help you? Which would you recommend, or not. What do they help with?

(Seems a useful general thread, but also wondering if one would help me in any way)

2. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I had one for a while, I don't remember the name, but it prompted me to rate my day at the end of it. I don't really use it anymore, but it was really good, because I did that for a while every single day, and then at one point it just hit me when I was looking the whole picture: I hadn't rated my mood as bad for quite a while.

And it made me realise that I had been doing a lot better than I had been previously, because even if I had had a bad mood on the day itself, it was mostly still a good day :)

I don't use it anymore, but I used it for over a year.

• Like x 1
  3. shmeed

shmeed plant me

I used daylio for a while at the request of my shrink
    it was kinda nice and offers a lot of data. surprisingly granular for a free app. like "what activities do you usually associate with happiness/sadness this month? this week? how often are you happy when you work? when you watch tv? hang out with friends?"
    also I'm working on slowing down a bad habit, and it was really helpful to really see my mood visibly tank for days after engaging in the bad habit

that said, I feel like unless you input the data in at completely regular intervals it's easy to skew results in an inaccurate manner. days can very easily look like they were great or terrible when they were actually the opposite but you were too distracted to input more than 1 value on your lunch break.
    and doing it regularly can be really hard if you don't want to set alarms every 3 hours or so ;_;

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice