More Tabletop: Rift/Palladium

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Lazarae, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Anyone play? It was my intro to tabletop. My dad was an old GM before he had to move, and I inherited the books from him in high school. My meatspace friends all had messy schedules and now most of them have moved away so we never got a game going. I only know a few places it's played online but I'm bad at approaching people, especially since I've heard the community is either really great or absolute shit depending on who you run into.

I have a LOT of the books, most of them up until the last two years in fact. If anyone wants/is curious I can put them on dropbox.

2. albedo

albedo metasperg

Totally curious, if it's not a pain; I heard a little about it, way back, but I've never had a chance to look into it. And I enjoy nerding about tabletop rpgs; I've never had a chance to play them. :)

3. Lazarae

It's syncing right now, has about 3 hours left. (I have a LOT of stuff. I also put Robotech with it because I'm a nerd.) If I'm still up I'll give the link, if not I'll have it tomorrow.)

4. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I've played a couple of one-shot games, as an old friend was very fond of the system. I think I've spent more time in character design than playing...

5. albedo

albedo metasperg

Yay! Thank you. :D

6. Lazarae

Yeah everyone I've talked to who's played says chargen takes forever. (I don't mind. Making characters is something I really enjoy doing. Other people perhaps less so)

7. swirlingflight

I adore spending a long time in chargen: just see me putter about with a Shadowrun character. The main problem with Palladium/Rifts is that, with the huge range in possible damage output, it's very easy for me to spend a long time making a character for one sort of game... and die horribly in a different kind. :P At least it was only the one time.

8. Lazarae

Oooooh nooooo. Were you warned it was going to be a different playstyle or anything?

9. swirlingflight

I was just fairly new to roleplaying, so I didn't think to ask! Most of what I'd played before was D&D with a DM who checked over sheets and gave advice to get what we were interested in. With Rifts... well, basically, someone had one of those giant mecha suits and the heavy guns, and I didn't.

10. Lazarae

Oof, that had to hurt. A good GM should either let you know or work around your character. But I'll cut the rambling before it happens :P

• Like x 1
  11. Lazarae

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice