Morven's world and characters and possibly some fiction

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by Morven, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

So I've been developing characters and a world like forever and really need to document the shit out of it, for one thing because it'll make it obvious what I haven't done yet. So this.

I've talked about it a fair amount to some people, mostly those involved in the WT RP, since my main characters are in there.

There are two viewpoint characters, Anhelia Aescar and Mindala Perenor, who are a couple these days but not during a bunch of the backstory. The setting is vaguely dieselpunk but not set on our world at all, with magic and fantasy elements.

• Like x 5
  2. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

oh hi there

• Like x 1
  3. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

So, to introduce Anhelia Aescar, our protagonist. (An-HEL-ee-a Asher, pronunciation wise, at least in these times). I'll let her speak for herself.

• Like x 1
  4. Anhelia Aescar

Anhelia Aescar Life after death is harder than it looks

Good evening, gentles all. I'm Anhelia Aescar. Yes, of those Aescars, you probably saw the name in your history books. You can call me Hel if you need something shorter; it was what my crews used. Mindala calls me Annie at times; I allow it because I love her. I don't love none of you. I hope we understand each other.

My father was Anhel Aescar, Colonel of the 28th Regiment of Foot. I never knew my mother. She died when I was very young. I was raised by my father's staff, mostly. It was an odd childhood, but I dare say a good one. A little lonely at times, but I threw myself into learning and a complete obsession with the Army. If you asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, the answer was always a soldier. Like Father. He liked this, it brought a rare smile and and encouragement, and starved of both, I wanted to please.

I was fifteen when the war started. If the Academy had let me, I would have gone with them right then and there; but Father and tutors both forbade it. If they hadn't I might not be here today, for I have already stretched my luck to breaking point and beyond. Under wartime pressure, they graduated us at seventeen, a year early, and with my lack of height there wasn't much choice of direction. Small soldiers make better tank crew, after all. Space is cramped and anything you can free up helps. So I was sent to tank school. Just the kind of wet-behind-the-ears young officer straight out of the Academy with dreams of greatness that sets fear in enlisted hearts. At least I was a conscientious type used to looking after myself, and didn't need babying. Unlike some.

My first crew, I learned later, drew up plans to have me meet with an unfortunate accident if they deemed me too dangerous to have around.

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice