Mutual ignore software feature, AKA Yet Another Policy Discussion

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by seebs, Mar 16, 2017.

1. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Nope, I'm mad because I am locked out of content.
    I was actually aware of the mutual ignore, but not that Seebs had later decided I couldn't see ignored content anymore.

2. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

i'm......pretty sure alix has show ignored content turned off too and that's what this whole thing was about

• Like x 3
  3. Petra

Petra space case

Alix wasn't really clear about that while they were derailing another thread, though! So I'm a bit upset!

• Like x 5
  4. ASPD Anon

ASPD Anon Vagitarian

Alix and I are completely unable to see each others' posts to prevent future forum explosions on both ends. Alix chose to circumvent this and look through my posts using a subaccount. Pro tip: I wouldn't know anything about this if she hadn't left 26 like notifications on my posts.

• Like x 12
  5. Gyro Zeppeli

Gyro Zeppeli Pseudo Anti Cult Leader

I'm also in the "shitton of likes from Alix subaccount" club, apparently.

• Like x 6
  6. furrylatula

oh yeah im not denying that theres still a problem

petra just claimed that alix could still see the posts which didnt make any sense

• Like x 1
  7. Petra

Petra space case

...That's pretty messed up. And, like, you do say a lot of really valuable stuff, but it's not like you're constantly posting in FID and I think the conversation would be legible without being able to see your posts, so 'this feature keeps me from interacting with the conversation at all' doesn't seem to apply to me.

• Like x 2
  8. leo

leo Well-Known Member

I don't apperciate my comment about being annoyed about this while being in serious pain from vomiting being passive aggressively liked, either.

This was also in the HC. For venting.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    • Like x 4
  9. Petra

Petra space case

Yeah I was going off of what I knew from how the ignore feature worked and also your comment to seebs earlier in the thead. Thanks for helping clear it up.

• Like x 2
  10. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

no actually i think palin is explicitly on the no-ignore-bypass version of ignore. A least that'd make the mos sense.
    EDIT: sorry I was totally ninja'd >_>

• Like x 2
  11. Petra

Petra space case

@palindromordnilap

For the love of god, don't like posts where people say they were made uncomfortable by you liking their posts. This is why Seebs had to set things up like she did, because you do not respect boundaries at all.

• Like x 13
  12. leo

leo Well-Known Member

Alix can bypass with a subaccount and has done so to like their posts and not respond. I'm just clearing this up and leaving until I get alerted again.

• Like x 2
  13. palindromordnilap

Thank you for your input.

14. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

Yeah Alix I mean really

Really

You need to just lay off with the stuff you are doing

Like yeah

/Josie is too tired/low spoons to be bothered to put much thought or depth or insight into her posts, but yeah

• Like x 6
  15. Petra

Petra space case

As long as you treat other people's boundaries as personal inconveniences that you can ignore in order to punish them I'm done with you. And that's a shame because I honestly? Did like you.

• Like x 9
  16. palindromordnilap

Since my other message didn't go through: Vivec and Maya are frequent FID posters and I can't see their posts anymore, which is what prompted the initial FID posts following a bunch of posts by Vivec which completely changed the topic.

17. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

I don't wanna get in a drama but yeah the sentiment is known

• Like x 2
  18. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

Stating for the record that I'm being like-spammed by account 'Anonymous coward' too.

• Like x 2
  19. furrylatula

i am being left alone if were gathering data

20. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Given Seebs's position on the "community organized freezeout", I think that "functionally possible" and "actually liable to happen" are two very different things. Also I'm... pretty sure that this screenshot you posted proves that at least some people would know, because the ignored posts would show up if the theoretically mass-ignored person was the last to post in the thread.

Unless you think this is a thing that is definitely happening, liable to happen, or otherwise something other than an angry comparison to hit a specific set of emotional triggers, I still maintain that forced ignore+hide content of the victims of your last attack is not the same as an organized group shun.

• Like x 9
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice