Mutual ignore software feature, AKA Yet Another Policy Discussion

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by seebs, Mar 16, 2017.

1. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Well, I advise adding some way of not giving a notif for likes from an ignored user, because this is unkind.

• Like x 4
  2. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

So it's a boast of sorts that you've found your way around those who thought that they could stop you

Fools that they were

• Like x 4
  3. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

There shouldn't be a notification, BTW. So, that would mean Khan and Vivec don't have me on ignore anymore.

4. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

like notifs from an ignored user dont show up, its how i quietly dodge likespam hell from well-intentioned people

alix used a sub

• Like x 2
  5. palindromordnilap

Oh, yeah, I used a sub, I forgot about that somehow.

6. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Okay, so maybe I was thinking about this wrong. There's a couple of users you've had previously-reached agreements with for Mutual Ignore. But you tend to interact with their posts anyway, which I assumed was because of impulse-control issues and the very obvious Show Ignored Content button. I was thinking that this would improve that. But I can't make sense of this.

No shit you can still see all of anyone's posts if you really want to. There's no way to have a working Internet forum where you can't bypass that stuff and yet we still have user registration at all. But... What I don't get is why you feel the need to continue poking people who are visibly distressed by it. The entire point of the mutual ignore thing is to reduce unwanted poking.

• Like x 15
  7. Gyro Zeppeli

Gyro Zeppeli Pseudo Anti Cult Leader

Hey here's an idea, how about you don't use me to prove your point, and instead just contact seebs? I don't like being an non-consenting performer in your stupid performance art.

• Like x 14
  8. BlackholeKG

There's no good faith at all with any of this is there

It's just out and out snide-aggression and community undermining from Alix's camp is what I'm getting

What happened yo, we were cool and bonded over cute fights

• Like x 2
  9. swirlingflight

Ahhh. So effectively preventing this, the asshole move of shoving oneself into others' lives just to assert that one can, requires blocking every subaccount.

• Like x 6
  10. leo

leo Well-Known Member

as para said, it's possible to like even when every sub is ignored.

• Like x 1
  11. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

So it turns out I basically hate the subaccount feature because it doesn't get included when handling ignore lists.

• Like x 5
  12. BlackholeKG

Isn't that obvious? They feel a need to poke people because they want to enact aggression and superiority games. There's no good faith or mutual wellness-seeking in this response.

• Like x 4
  13. palindromordnilap

Okay, but when an important part of a discussion is missing from a thread, of fucking course I'm gonna want to look at it.

14. BlackholeKG

How does that work? I am confused.

15. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

and blocking every not-subaccount they make too

there is no end to the asshole fractal

• Like x 4
  16. palindromordnilap

I also occasionally eat puppies.

17. Petra

Petra space case

Aaaah.

If you turned it off though, the rpers would be screwed since we've done so much with subs. But I can see how it's also a problem.

• Like x 7
  18. BlackholeKG

I N F I N I T E D E T A I L

• Like x 5
  19. swirlingflight

Now there's an image that'll haunt my dreams. I've probably seen a goatse image that ends like that.

• Like x 4
  20. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

who knew fractals would one day turn against their mother

• Like x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice