NaNoWriMo

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by KaidaShade, Nov 19, 2020.

1. KaidaShade

KaidaShade Definitely not a horse

Anyone doing it? What are you writing, how's it going, all that jazz.

My current project is about 28k so far, a slowish-burn romance between two former combat droids now trying to assimilate into the society that they helped create. Its mostly an attempt to turn my main writing skill (robot smut) to something more... shall we say marketable? Less fanficcy anyway even if it is pretty much a coffee shop AU of the Terminator. Except the Terminators are super friendly and also gay.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  2. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

I’m also at roughly 28k, and have sort of stalled out on direction. So I’m taking a few minutes to write down what I want to happen when, in a chapter list. I’m up to 17 chapters planned so far.

• Like x 2
  3. TheSeer

TheSeer 37 Bright Visionary Crushes The Doubtful

I'm at 14k during November (I didn't ever really think I could get to 50, I'm not as fast as y'all. I'm hoping for a half NaNo.) The project is about a gay autistic farmboy who runs away from a) home and b) the universe. He learns wind magic, fights demons, gets a crush on a werewolf spy, rides on a train that gets derailed into the underworld, standard growing up stuff. I'd outlined and started the first draft already, I'm using NaNo as a way to get more words on the page.

And apparently, I'm using words on the page as a way to find big problems with my outline.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  4. KaidaShade

KaidaShade Definitely not a horse

Ah, thats always the way. I've realised I don't really have like, a plot. Its mostly just an excuse to write smut but I need to figure out what the aim here is

5. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

Ok so I’ve got my layout done. It’s going to be roughly 24 chapters, 11 of which I have at least a rough draft of already. It’s probably going to grow at least a little bit from there, but WE WILL JUST HAVE TO SEE.

• Winner x 1
  6. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

I have written several more paragraphs at once than i have for like 7 years, so I'm counting it.

• Winner x 1
  7. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

It's a The Good Earth/Harvest Moon cross over because O-lan deserves better

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice