Never ending cough

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Void, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

I have had a cough for over a month now. Since... I dunno, maybe around the second week of January this year maybe. So well over a month.

I keep getting mucus up, but it never seems to improve.

I really don't want to go to the doctor, nor can I afford it at the moment.

What the heck could this be and what should I do???

2. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

Not a dr, take with a whole truckload of salt? But if you havent had your adult tdap it could be whooping cough. We just had a bad outbreak here in seattle at some of the highschools. Its often relatively mild in adults an it lasts forever. If you know babies/young kids I'd avoid them for a while.

3. Allenna

Allenna I am not a Dragon. Or a Robot. Really.

It might also be bronchitis. You really need to go to the doctor. There might be a low income clinic in your area, or if your in school you should be able to use the healthcare center for free.

4. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Also worth considering asthma, maybe?

5. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

I have had bronchitis in the past. Usually if it is, it's much worse than this. I did have a problem with it reoccurring a lot a few years afterwards, because it was a particularly bad case.

My grandmother had asthma, but I never really considered it for myself. It's a weird thing to really apply, I already have enough problems that I doubt I could just toss asthma on top of it.

Whooping cough is a possibility, I don't think I ever got vaccinated for that as an adult.

6. Aurora

Aurora Very freckly member

Apparently they changed the whooping cough vaccine in the 70s or so and the new one only gives immunity for a few years.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice