New Update & "ScriptBlocker for Chrome"

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by Lissa Lysik'an, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Lissa Lysik'an

Lissa Lysik'an Dragon-loving Faerie

Even with kintsugi whitelisted I get weird effects - if a post starts with a spoiler tag, I see the spoiler tag and a black box around it. All the text below the tag is in the black box. BUT - mouseover the black box and I see the unspoilered text, and clicking the spoiler removes the box.
    Also - the box at the bottom for me to enter my own post is just not there. All the buttons are there, just the text box for me to type in is missing.
    At times the entire main window draws very strangely and needs the cookie deleted and chrome restarted to get it back correct.

I disabled scriptblocker for now, so I hope none of you peoples post things that make flashing stuff on screen (this puter is used for art, writing, and kintsugi, so don't really need the blocker here if y'all behave).

EDIT: not asking for the site code to be changed, just a data point on an effect the update had

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  2. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

It's not universal by any means, but we've got a pretty good pattern of people putting images, especially gifs and especially flashing ones, under spoiler tags.

3. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

I don't know of anything that would obviously explain the change. Anyone got anything more specific about which scripts are being run, or blocked?

4. Lissa Lysik'an

Lissa Lysik'an Dragon-loving Faerie

The scriptblocker log doesn't even show anything being blocked from kintsugi, but turning it back on reproduced the weird effects.
    I is not a web person - I work with a totally different sort of software (I is aiming lasers into your eyes ... )

Edit: sorry - I just has to make jokes about the KF people not knowing how hardware control software is did

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice