Not sure where else to put this.

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by local troublemaker, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

Short answer: not at all
    Slightly longer answer: It's good for resumes regardless because it's experience, especially customer service experience, so you may want to put it on a resume for like... your first resume-required job app, but after that you should be good to go. Jobs like that are considered entry level experience worthy and nothing more, and most people know that people only enter them over the summer for money anyway.

• Like x 5
  2. local troublemaker

local troublemaker professional tumblrina

I have other job experience, though, and I don't want to make myself look like I hop from job to job. Either way, yeah, I'm pretty sure it's not gonna fuck up my life forever. My dad is being an ass about it.

3. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

I doubt it'll look that way - especially if you are/were in school at the time you were "job hopping"

Good luck though, sorry to hear about your dad :c hugs offered

4. local troublemaker

I do understand companies being pissed at someone quitting a job after ~4 months, though. Then again, pretty sure that's less of a big deal at a low-level food service or retail job than it would be at, say, an office job.

5. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

Yeah, my field generally considers retail and fast food to be literally "you need money cause capitalism bro, we know u ain't looking to build a career there", so they just looked at my retail experience as purely that - entry level experience to get me used to being in the work force after high school. they didn't ask me why i quit or anything.

• Like x 2
  6. An Actual Bird

An Actual Bird neverthelass, Brid persisted, ate third baggel

Same here. Granted I'm an Aussie so maybe it works differently, but when people asked why I had only worked for 2 months at a place, I just explained I was at university full-time and the two month job was over the summer, and they were satisfied with that. Just spin it so it sounds like you really wanted to focus on your schoolwork.

7. local troublemaker

Mmmmmmmmm.

• Like x 1
  8. local troublemaker

Prior to today, JT was a little lower on my shitlist than S. So it turns out things DO change around here, but only for the worse!

• Like x 3
  9. local troublemaker

Fight me motherfucker. I've met scary people and you don't even rank for me.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    • Like x 2
  10. local troublemaker

Wiwaxia is singlehandedly bringing ruination, death and destruction to the forum! Wiwaxia slashed my tires, kicked my dog and stole my wife!

• Like x 8
  11. local troublemaker

Uncharitable thought

Do mods continue to put their personal griping slapthreads against certain users (especially related to the Alix drama) in That's So Meta rather than TCHGB so that Alix can see them?

• Like x 7
  12. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

I'll be honest, I'm kinda thinking that as well.

13. local troublemaker

when seebs tries to fix the forum

• Like x 1
  14. local troublemaker

users: wow i think mutual ignore will solve some of the problems we have with user conflicts where two people just inevitably combust when they interact!
    alix: you are like a little baby. watch this

• Like x 9
  15. local troublemaker

I'm sure I miss 80% of the drama here because I nearly have to physically restrain myself from regularly checking tumblr.txt. The amount of fights I would land myself in by trying to interact in that thread would drain me of spoons for the next three decades.

• Like x 4
  16. local troublemaker

Engaging in conversations about baseline Kintsugi morality vs baseline one-particular-section-of-Tumblr morality would be SO much easier if BOTH SIDES would make an effort to assume that the other person genuinely believes their point of view is the correct one and the one that does less harm. Like, you're allowed to think someone's morality over shipping is fucked without deciding their morality over shipping is inherently a cover for them being a Big Bad Abuser. Or pedophile, or misogynist, or what have you.

• Like x 4
  17. local troublemaker

God I'm feeling self-destructive and it's not fair that other people get yelled at instead of me so I'm gonna just lay out a few things that are guaranteed to get someone on here mad at me.

• I don't think "this makes my dick hard" makes anything and everything a fine and dandy thing to do.
    • I don't think being critical of media consumption is a bad thing.
    • I think straight women absolutely can fetishize gay and bi men, and the fact that straight men fetishize gay and bi women doesn't mean gay and bi men aren't allowed to complain about being fetishized.
    • It's fine for people to be wary of cishets/white people/abled people
    • People with NPD are capable of being good people and the narcissist emoji is FUCKING SHITTY.
    • Asexuality and aromanticism aren't inherently LGBT identities and an ace/aro community that isn't AVEN (god, fuck that horrible hellhole) or something tacked onto LGBT would be way, way preferable.
    • Coping isn't always good or healthy and retraumatization is a thing. Burning myself is coping, because it's keeping me from doing something worse. That doesn't mean it's healthy or a good longterm way to live my life.
    • Pedophiles saying "People should be more kind and supportive of me, or I might look to pro-contact people for support or actually hurt a child because I think I can't help myself" is shitty, manipulative guilt-tripping and I don't understand how anyone buys into it.
    • Erika Moen fucking sucks and people aren't obligated to forgive her.
    • Homestuck was poorly written
    • Queer isn't a good umbrella term and people who are uncomfortable with being called queer deserve to have that respected because it's absolutely still in use as a slur. Not all of us can live in Los Angeles.

• Like x 3
  18. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

YOU MONSTER

/s

• Like x 1
  19. local troublemaker

Holy fuck. I'm usually on mobile so I never see the view count for this thread, but Ho Lee Shit.

20. local troublemaker

I never even finished Homestuck, but I wish someone had torn it from Hussie's hands and given it over to a few of the good fanfic authors.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice