Outcomes Research

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by Vierran, Nov 26, 2016.

?

How would you rate your mental health now compared to when you first joined Kintsugi?

1. Much better

9 vote(s)
    16.1%
  2. Somewhat better

26 vote(s)
    46.4%
  3. About the same

15 vote(s)
    26.8%
  4. Somewhat worse

4 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. Much worse

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. Vierran

Vierran small and sharp

I was looking at old ITA threads this morning and noticing how many forum users I recognize who seem to be in much better situations now than they were a couple years ago, and it got me curious.

My favorite thing about this place as a mental health community is that it actually promotes recovery, so I figured I'd like to get a little data about how effective it is.

I know I'll have selection bias for people who have continued to use the forum, and it's not like this is a complex and highly tuned measure, but it will at least be interesting.

• Like x 4
  2. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

Might also be useful to have a secondary polling of how long they're been on the forum.

• Like x 1
  3. Vierran

Vierran small and sharp

You're absolutely right, but I'd have to use outside software for that, and then I'd start wanting to ask questions on multiple axes of health, and then I'd be here all month.

• Like x 4
  4. kmoss

kmoss Under Construction

this question made me actually think about my state of mind when I first joined: in north Dakota, enormously depressed, only just considering some gender weird....and damn.

tempted to do a throwback Thursday thread, where we quote some of the oldest stuff we wrote here w/ commentary

• Like x 8
  5. Acey

Acey our liaison—oh, it was poison, baby!

Somewhat better here. I've made a lot of progress in a lot of ways, but I'm still dealing with a lot of shit. I'd probably be doing way better if it weren't for mitigating IRL factors, honestly.

• Like x 1
  6. Deresto

Deresto Misunderstands handshake, goes for a high five

this sounds fun! also might be therapeutic for some people. i might post but theres a good chance id see my old stuff and get embarrassed, which happens quite often when i do stuff like this

id say im somewhat better, probably because of meds and introspection i wouldnt have had if i hadnt interacted with y'all

• Like x 3
  7. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

I put somewhat worse because I was in a pretty bad place when I joined and now my mental health has nearly bottomed the fuck out. Don't think kinstugi in particular has had any effect other that being the least publically embarassing place to vent and being another target of anxiety flipouts

• Like x 2
  8. peripheral

peripheral Kinky Digamma

A lot better.
    This place helped me come to terms with a lot of things.

• Like x 2
  9. Acey

Acey our liaison—oh, it was poison, baby!

I too would be down for this!

• Like x 1
  10. kmoss

kmoss Under Construction

• Like x 2
  11. Vierran

Vierran small and sharp

Yeah, this is definitely as cool as I was hoping. I ... keep being tempted to do the longer, more involved poll.

Questions I would add, as well as how long people have been here, would be initial and current mental health status (again, on some kind of five-point scale, haven't decided categories yet), and same three questions about physical health. Also, "Compared to when you joined is your living situation better/worse (still on a 5-point scale)?" and something about overall level of ability to do things you want to do.

It's looking increasingly likely that I'll do this, so, anything else people think should be included?

• Like x 3
  12. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

Yeah, same.
    A "did you get professional help or not" toggle, because I know plenty of people have gone from Kintsugi on to professionals for help but stll stuck around.

• Like x 2
  13. Key

Key never make a triangle

How much time do you spend on kintsugi? Do you attribute any changes to kintsugi or to outside influences? (Family, friends, professional help, work environment, etc.)

14. Vierran

Vierran small and sharp

After a little more than a month and the end of a stressful semester, here is a survey!

• Like x 3
  15. Vierran

Vierran small and sharp

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice